Greasy Lake Community

Albums You've Listened To Today

Tonight's the Night Live is a album by Neil Young. The album is culled from live recordings made at the Roxy Theatre in Los Angeles, shows that celebrated the club's opening. Neil Young and the backing band, the Santa Monica Flyers played two sets a night on September 20, 21, and 22, 1973, shortly after the band had finished recording Tonight's the Night.

image.png.a6fc8bff2eede4c5d06e88a57bbf1edf.png

• Like 5
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9c3216a97e9a420580f4c137d622df74.jpg

Some of those songs from the early part of the century......................remember when we naively thought that Bush/Blair was as bad as it could get?

How foolish we were....... 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Blackcowboys01 said:

Tonight's the Night Live is a album by Neil Young. The album is culled from live recordings made at the Roxy Theatre in Los Angeles, shows that celebrated the club's opening. Neil Young and the backing band, the Santa Monica Flyers played two sets a night on September 20, 21, and 22, 1973, shortly after the band had finished recording Tonight's the Night.

image.png.a6fc8bff2eede4c5d06e88a57bbf1edf.png

Shortly after the vinyl release of this Nils Lofgren toured over here. I spoke to him after one of his shows and mentioned I’d been listening to it. He told me before the original studio album was released Young started playing the entire record live end to end. When audiences complained and demanded they play something they’d heard before Young proceeded to play the whole record a second time over........

Gotta love the guy!

Recorded Live at The Boarding House, San Francisco, CA on January 23rd, 1973,  Jerry Garcia (electric guitar, vocals), Merl Saunders (keyboards, vocals) John Kahn (bass guitar) and Bill Vitt (drums), featuring vocalist Sarah Fulcher.

image.png.e98743c0e5eda09a7c85c5a7aa4971e3.png

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Skin2Skin said:

MI0001669293.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Man, I'm always happy to see your name pop up. Then I come here and it's always something I've never heard of, or interested in hearing. But nice to see you again. 

• Hug 1

Listening to a fantastic Giles Martin remix of this underrated Stones classic.

Deluxe edition includes the Stones' best live release: Brussels Affair 1973

image.thumb.png.17c12f40f0b2fc18e0ef04899911c0f4.png

TRACK LISTCD1 - 2020 Stereo Mix1. Dancing With Mr D2. 100 Years Ago3. Coming Down Again4. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)5. Angie6. Silver Train7. Hide Your Love8. Winter9. Can You Hear The Music10. Star Star

CD2 - Rarities & Alternative Mixes1. Scarlet2. All The Rage3. Criss Cross4. 100 Years Ago (Piano Demo)5. Dancing With Mr D (Instrumental)6. Heartbreaker (Instrumental)7. Hide Your Love (Alternative Mix)8. Dancing With Mr D (Glyn Johns 1973 Mix)9. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker) – (Glyn Johns 1973 Mix)10. Silver Train (Glyn Johns 1973 Mix)

CD3 – ‘Brussels Affair – Live 1973’1. Brown Sugar2. Gimme Shelter3. Happy4. Tumbling Dice5. Star Star6. Dancing With Mr D7. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)8. Angie9. You Can’t Always Get What You Want10. Midnight Rambler11. Honky Tonk Women12. All Down The Line13. Rip This Joint14. Jumpin’ Jack Flash15. Street Fighting Man

• Like 2