Greasy Lake Community

Albums You've Listened To Today

Segue Myles

8 hours ago, Blackcowboys01 said:

Street-Legal is the 18th studio album by American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan, released on June 15, 1978 by Columbia Records. The album was a departure for Dylan, who uses a large pop-rock band including female backing vocalists.

Street Legal could qualify as Dylan's most underrated album.

But Bob Dylan's album sleeves were not better in 1978.

19 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

U2's second best behind War

I would say Achtung Baby is their best album, better than The Joshua Tree which I always thought slightly overrated.

Both are not in my top 3 favourite U2 albums though.

(Posting this on a U2 forum would maybe get me banned, or at least accused of trolling...:D

...or asked if I am really a fan...:lol:; I still consider myself a fan after all those years; but very old-school, fan of their early music pre-Joshua Tree).

This is a good and enjoyable album if you are a fan (or more: sort of), but not really the legendary debut album. Including even a Dylan cover (All I Really Want To Do). But greatness was just around the corner (well, four years, but let's say it was worth the wait!). [the classic second album Goodbye Jumbo, released 4 years after this one].

image.png.dd10f290ab9872a2107a7e91d26a639b.png

• Like 1