Greasy Lake Community

Albums You've Listened To Today

Segue Myles

Garcia Live Volume 10 is a two-CD live album by the Jerry Garcia Band. It contains the complete concert recorded on May 20, 1990 at the Hilo Civic Auditorium in Hilo, Hawaii. It was released on February 23, 2018.

From February 1986 to November 1993, the lineup of the Jerry Garcia Band was Jerry Garcia (guitar, lead vocals), Melvin Seals (keyboards), John Kahn (bass), David Kemper (drums), Jaclyn LaBranch (backing vocals), and Gloria Jones (backing vocals).

image.png.13dc626d14654fe47183a0b53e5afb61.png

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

44 years ago, G-Dead at the Fox in Atlanta. Released officially as Dick's Picks 29. Here's a link from Dead of the Day.

I first got this bootleg cassette circa 1984 or '85. Simply one of the finest first sets ever, start to finish. The opening Promised Land always reminds me of the scene driving through the Midtown Tunnel in Men in Black - "Elvis isn't dead, he just went home." The Sugaree will amaze you, and the Looks Like Rain is so, so special. The 2d set is also legendary, especially The Wheel > China Doll > PITB to close. Enjoy!

https://gratefuldeadoftheday.com/05-19-1977

• Like 1

Quite some time ago I posted in this topic...

Almost no better reason to change that than tonight's listening to the first two albums by the greatest cult band of all time. With Radio City obviously also one of the greatest albums of all time.

image.png.56640d3ebe2a7dd2836b7363489a3a91.png

• Like 1

A tremendous, essential set of ModBob outtakes, alt. versions & rare recordings - and it contains one of my favourite Dylan lines .. "All the merry little elves / can go hang themselves"

image.thumb.png.663a80bf22a9e912a5ec506d9450d56a.png

• Like 2