Greasy Lake Community

Albums You've Listened To Today

Segue Myles

image.png.bfd0c87943874b2a6775036317a1ac33.png

Dr. Ebbetts "East Coast" stereo version.

http://www.beatleg.info/music/docs/beatles/boots/cd/dess-st2442-dex.htm

"The so-called "Dexterized" version of the US stereo Rubber Soul LP (ST 2442).
For those not familiar with it, it is also known by some as the "East Coast" version. It is identical the "regular" US stereo version of the Rubber Soul LP in every way except that it has a layer of reverb across the entire album. That's right. . . .Capitol reverb across the whole LP! It is not dramatic, but it is very noticeable on specific songs where the vocals are completely or partially isolated. Songs like "Girl" and "Wait" are particularly noticeable. . It can be heard clearly on a song like "Think For Yourself," which normally ends cold and dry. On the "Dexterized" version, there is a very definite echoey decay on that last note. . . In terms of the Doctor Ebbetts catalogue, the "Dexterized" version of the LP can be distinguished from the "regular" dry issue by the front artwork. The Capitol stereo banner will be above the front picture in the white border area on the "Dexterized" version. On the "regular" version, the stereo banner will be as it is now, as part of the picture. In the 1960s, Capitol issued the stereo version of Rubber Soul both ways, citing the inability to read the stereo banner clearly against the green background of the picture as the reason for placing it *above* the picture in the white border wrap-around area. . . That's how I will differentiate the two in the Dr. E series. . ."

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 10:10 AM, JimCT said:

Yesterday was the 50th anniversary of my first live concert, ELP at MSG. They were magnificent!

and today in the ELP FB group someone uploaded a "new" recording of that 50 YO show - for the era, very nice!

R-21202912-1638467442-5014.jpeg.jpg

Finally got my CD copy of Milo Goes To College (Christ, I had an original copy of the LP, years ago) (sold it in '87 I think?)

https://www.discogs.com/release/21202912-Descendents-Milo-Goes-To-College

Added to Discogs database as the stupid matrix didn't match (if one cares, and clicks my username, you can see my Springsteen collection in its entirety). (sans maybe some FLAC downloads from nugs I never saw and added)

• Like 1