Greasy Lake Community

Albums You've Listened To Today

Segue Myles

The Dead Weather - Dodge and Burn (2015)

Jack White returns with The Dead Weather for the band's third studio album. The album follows in the same riff heavy style that fans have come to expect. They've turned up the sound a notch, with more layered guitar and pedal effects that Jack has leather jackets. Alison Mosshart's attention demanding vocals mesh well with White's solid grooves and back up singing creating a garage rock album with a big budget feel. So far I'm enjoying it but Dodge And Burn requires a few more listens to decide if it does burn or if I should give it a dodge.

the-dead-weather-dodge-and-burn-recensio

• Like 1

New Order - Music Complete (2015)

Despite missing founding member Peter Hook, the new album finds the group revitalized, and where they had previously pushed towards electronics or guitars, here the two are in balance. Music Complete also marks a return to the studio for Gillian Gilbert on her first New Order album since Get Ready (2001)

800px-New_order_music_complete_cover.jpg

Josh T Pearson - Last of the country gentlemen:

Josh-T-Pearson-Last-of-the-Country-Gentl

This is an odd one.

I recall there was a huge buzz around this upon release and I certainly bought into that for a while.

I then put it on about 6 months ago and thought "what the hell was I thinking? complete dirge!".

I then put it on yesterday and was blown away by it.

Listening to it again today and in awe of it once more.

those three records are untouchable. nobody in the history of music will ever be able to dent them

however together thru live and tempest are as good. ttl is a lowdown blues album like no other.

"Nobody in the history of music WILL EVER be able to dent them" :lol: Holy shit guys......Dylan is a legend, icon.....blah blah blah...... but he's not the only game in town to have made incredible music that can't be dented. I didn't realize there were so many Dylan worshipers here at the Lake.

those three records are untouchable. nobody in the history of music will ever be able to dent them

however together thru live and tempest are as good. ttl is a lowdown blues album like no other.

"Tempest" is quite good to me, but not a good as his 00s stuff. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

i love tempest. its philosophy rock.

the jelly roll morton tribute song is beyond amazing.

and the title track is a philosophical masterpiece. probably the bob record i listen to most.

bob is untouchalbe when it comes to the totality of music. hes a giant giant. that means he more a giant than giants.