Greasy Lake Community

Albums You've Listened To Today

Segue Myles

15 Years Ago......

In 2000, after a wonderful decade of experimentation U2 got back to their roots and essentially returned home releasing the back-to-basics All That You Can't Leave Behind (2000) I remember how thrilled I was hearing Beautiful Day for the first time. Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno were once again in the drivers seat. The Edge plugged-in his old Gibson Explorer guitar that he used 20 years before during the Boy sessions. The overall result was a wonderful album that ushered in the mature and new millennium U2.

600.jpg

• Like 3

rsz_dbt_box.jpg

In general I am not a fan of live releases and to be honest, although the track listing here is top quality and Drive-By Truckers are for me one of the very best live bands I have ever seen, I actually soon found myself reaching for the next button here.

• Like 1

Some of Mr. Bob's albums the last few days:

Hard Rain, Another Side Of Bob Dylan, Bringing It All Back Home, John Wesley Harding, Blood On The Tracks.

My 9-years old niece says she likes Blood On The Tracks... :)

• Like 4

alannisreissue-620x389.jpg

I didn't realize you were an Alanis Morissette fan Potstan. She sure was the "big thing" in the mid 90's and a very successful Canadian export. Too bad her follow-up albums post-Jagged Little Pill were so weak. I was never a fan largely due to Alanis's singing voice but I did enjoy her female empowerment message in an industry filled with pop-tart stars.

I'm not as much of an Alanis fan as I am a Jagged Little Pill fan. In fact, I don't like her other albums... But Jagged Little Pill means so much to me. I think it's a perfect love/break-up album... The music, the lyrics... Perfection.

I'm not as much of an Alanis fan as I am a Jagged Little Pill fan. In fact, I don't like her other albums... But Jagged Little Pill means so much to me. I think it's a perfect love/break-up album... The music, the lyrics... Perfection.

Understood.

No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom (1995)

20 years ago this year the world was introduced to the bubbly, cute, quirky and always interesting Gwen Stefani. Tragic Kingdom was the album that broke No Doubt and ushered in a mini ska-rock revival out of California.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/review/album-review/6722946/no-doubt-tragic-kingdom-anniversary-track-by-track

m1498005.jpg

Gwen+Stefani+2012+NFL+Kick+Off+Concert+G

• Like 1

No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom (1995)

20 years ago this year the world was introduced to the bubbly, cute, quirky and always interesting Gwen Stefani. Tragic Kingdom was the album that broke No Doubt and ushered in a mini ska-rock revival out of California.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/review/album-review/6722946/no-doubt-tragic-kingdom-anniversary-track-by-track

m1498005.jpg

Gwen+Stefani+2012+NFL+Kick+Off+Concert+G

No Doubt are one of my all time favourite bands! You have no idea just how much I !love them!!!!

Anyway, today has been devoted to one of my all time favourite bands:

Toto- XX

Toto- The Seventh One

Toto- Kingdom Of Desire

Toto- Falling In Between

Toto- Isolation

• Like 1

BB_King-Live_at_the_Regal_%28album_cover

I listened to this at the gym today. What an incredible, uplifting voice King had. Made my workout far better than it would have been otherwise. (Had really nasty virus last week and this was my first workout since).

• Like 1