Segue Myles

Albums You've Listened To Today

I have managed to treat myself today to an afternoon of reading and music.

A few that stand out:

Lambchop.jpg

Lambchop - Is A Woman:

Nixon often gets the plaudit but I find it a bit uneven.

This, the follow up, is absolutely sublime. The Daily Growl is up there with my all time favourite songs by anyone.

bc1.jpg

Bill Callahan - Sometimes I wish we were an eagle:

This was my #1 record of 2009 but for some reason I had not spun it for a long time.

Glad to report it still sounds bloody brilliant. I will revisit it more often.

MI0001940024.jpg

The Alarm - Change:

As a teenager, The Alarm were a top 3 band in my life and Mike Peters is still one of my all time heroes, however they have fell off my musical radar over the last 10/15 years or so.

Triggered by grabbing a ticket for their 30th anniversary gig in Cardiff in October, I put this on today and it still sounds so damn good.

This in particular rocks like a bastard:

Still amazing after all these years!

143316178.6uw9Rf2S.jpg

• Like 3

Lacuna Coil- Unleashed Memories

McNabb's first solo album post-Icicle Works.

Truth_and_Beauty_album_cover_(Ian_McNabb

Their most underrated album.

floyd_1370863399.jpg

Great album

big.jpg

• Like 6

Today -

Loads of Hank Williams from The Complete Hank Williams boxset

Bob Dylan - Nashville Skyline

The Band - The Band ( Brown album )

Levon Helm - Ramble At The Ryman

Randy Rogers & Wade Bowen - Hold My Beer Vol 1

Cody Jinks - Adobe Sessions

*Now playing - Whitey Morgan & The 78's - Sonic Ranch

Bob Dylan At Boudkhan. Vastly underrated live album. The arrangements of Blowin In The Wind, Oh Sister and Maggie's Farm are fantastic

• Like 1

JJEPSTAN, I can see your exited for Jason Isbell's new album Something More Than Free, I've always thought Drive-By Truckers were a pretty good band too. However, Jason's album isn't out till next month and this thread is called "Albums You've Listened To Today".......do you have some sort of advanced copy or have you found a streaming site of it?

JJEPSTAN, I can see your exited for Jason Isbell's new album Something More Than Free, I've always thought Drive-By Truckers were a pretty good band too. However, Jason's album isn't out till next month and this thread is called "Albums You've Listened To Today".......do you have some sort of advanced copy or have you found a streaming site of it?

Greetings. No advanced copy for me. I quoted J's post. I am looking forward and will continue and already pre-ordered.

BTW- Southeastern is tremendous and will be a tough act to follow

• Like 1

It's out there... i have it on pre-order too, but I do already own a leaked copy.

Greetings. No advanced copy for me. I quoted J's post. I am looking forward and will continue and already pre-ordered.

BTW- Southeastern is tremendous and will be a tough act to follow

I'm loving the new album... but it's not QUITE as awesome as Southeastern... though I'm ok with that, as it's the same thing as saying that Dylan's Desire isn't quite as great as Blood on The Tracks... if you know what I mean.

400x500.jpg

Everything But The Girl - Acoustic.

A covers album, and rather lovely it is too.

Bob Dylan At Boudkhan. Vastly underrated live album. The arrangements of Blowin In The Wind, Oh Sister and Maggie's Farm are fantastic

Best ever Ma I'm Only Bleeding ever!!

Gonna listen to it now - thanks :)

• Like 1