Segue Myles

Albums You've Listened To Today

Bob Dylan At Boudkhan. Vastly underrated live album. The arrangements of Blowin In The Wind, Oh Sister and Maggie's Farm are fantastic

Best ever Ma I'm Only Bleeding ever!!

Gonna listen to it now - thanks :)

I think the Philharmonic Hall version is even better...

While I think Budokan is okay, Hard Rain may be one of the best live albums ever. That version of You're a Big Girl Now is heartbreaking. Also love the version of I Threw It All Away... Gosh, I need to listen to that album NOW!

• Like 1

Curtis Mayfield - Superfly

Yessssssss.

Bob Dylan At Boudkhan. Vastly underrated live album. The arrangements of Blowin In The Wind, Oh Sister and Maggie's Farm are fantastic

While I think Budokan is okay, Hard Rain may be one of the best live albums ever. That version of You're a Big Girl Now is heartbreaking. Also love the version of I Threw It All Away... Gosh, I need to listen to that album NOW!

Hard Rain is amazing.

I hope they'll release that Fort Collins gig from that tour at some point in the Bootleg Series... that's a beast of a concert too, from the same stretch (in fact some of Hard Rain may be from that gig, dunno).

That whole Rolling Thunder tour was awesome... I LOVE Live 1975, But the mood seemed to change between those earlier gigs represented on Live 1975 and the later part of the tour (mainly the 76 part I guess?) represented on Hard Rain... shit got way more intense and I think he changed part of the band (??).

Anyhow... Bootleg Series Live 1976 would rock.

• Like 1

Gave the new Craig Finn EP a spin in the car to work today.

Listening to Dylan at Budokan... I'm not a big fan of the flute. Or the reggae version of It Ain't Me (I think??).

Agree that Hard Rain is great, Dylan's best live album. Wonder why it was not a classic double live album, just a single album?

Idiot Wind is really stunning. I bought Blood On The Tracks a few months after Hard Rain, and found the studio version of Idiot Wind somewhat disappointing then, compared to the Hard Rain version... (but don't get me wrong, Blood On The Tracks is my favourite Dylan album).

Loving this album by a band called Yucatan, listened whilst trekking through Provence last week, its mostly in Welsh, but it's bloody epic.

Ben Howard - I Forget Where We Were & Every Kingdom

R.E.M - part lies, part heart, part truth, part garbage

• Like 1

Hard Rain is amazing.

I hope they'll release that Fort Collins gig from that tour at some point in the Bootleg Series... that's a beast of a concert too, from the same stretch (in fact some of Hard Rain may be from that gig, dunno).

That whole Rolling Thunder tour was awesome... I LOVE Live 1975, But the mood seemed to change between those earlier gigs represented on Live 1975 and the later part of the tour (mainly the 76 part I guess?) represented on Hard Rain... shit got way more intense and I think he changed part of the band (??).

Anyhow... Bootleg Series Live 1976 would rock.

I would swop any of my gigs to have seen a show on that Rolling Thunder Tour

Richard Thompson-Dream Attic.

A live album with only new songs.

The Handsome Family - Singing Bones. I can't get enough of these guys, especially this record and Through The Trees.

CS2129841-02A-BIG.jpg

So...apparently you can write a song about a supermarket without it being creepy and lame.

• Like 2

Alabama Shakes : SOUND AND COLOR. Still can't really get into it, though.

• Like 1