Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buddhabone

4/23/1988 L.A. Sports Arena Released

I think Cover Me is a great song. Love the lyrics, love the guitar, love the overall dark undertone.

I really don't like "Cover Me"...never have.

But oh my....with horns? Yes, please!!!

Tasty.

I never understood that song. To me, it's one of his worst.

Agreed....but SO much better with horns.

Oh, come on, NOTHING is better with horns. Horns make most of the songs (even the good ones - which Cover Me certainly isn't) unlistenable...

Tasty.

Oh, come on, NOTHING is better with horns. Horns make most of the songs (even the good ones - which Cover Me certainly isn't) unlistenable...

That just goes to show that not everyone who dislikes Morello's contribution to the E Street Band has good musical taste. ;)

Tasty.

Everything is better with horns!

Fair point.....B)

Tasty.

That just goes to show that not everyone who dislikes Morello's contribution to the E Street Band has good musical taste. ;)

:D I was just going to say the very same thing...

I think I'll pass on this one and save my money for future releases. Bring on some European concerts for gods sake!

This just proves even more that Bruce loves the US the best. ;)

:P

USA USA USA

So. As was widely mooted for some time from various source on Twitter etc, a Tunnel show.

Great tour, hopefully a great recording of a great show.

Great!

I think I'll pass on this one and save my money for future releases. Bring on some European concerts for gods sake!

Nah, proves he loves Europe best, because now he's giving us shows most European fans could not get to.

So us European fans were at the European shows and now thanks to the archives can here all the USA boots, in fine top quality sound.

It's a win win for euro peeps.

O'merican's are not getting the best of both worlds..we are B)

Well in makes sense in my head :D

Murica!

Everything is better with horns!

Depending on who you ask. I don't care for the horns. Adam Raised A Cain sounds so much meaner in '78. To me the horns make it a little more sophisticated and tamer. But this looks like a pretty good one to get. The samples sound good and I never had a lot of '88, not many soundboards circulated.

It wouldn't have worked if he had been anything but American

I greatly admire the pride he has in his home state

:-)

Brs-gV0CIAABFxf.jpg

Downloaded the show and loving it. I'm chuckling at Bruce forgetting about Max in "Light of Day." :lol:

Nah, proves he loves Europe best, because now he's giving us shows most European fans could not get to.

So us European fans were at the European shows and now thanks to the archives can here all the USA boots, in fine top quality sound.

It's a win win for euro peeps.

O'merican's are not getting the best of both worlds..we are B)

Well in makes sense in my head :D

Well I'm glad that makes sense to you, because in all honesty that makes no sense whatsoever.

:D

All credit to the good folks at Nugs

Each time this is getting eaiser and eaiser

Im very happy with the downloads

Less than five minutes from opening the email to pay and downloading fnal track

And the internet is fast today

Anything with light of day, roulette, Adam, and Seeds has got to be great, pus all these fabulouse Tunnel songs I saddly neglect

Downloading now. Not bad for £8.71 in FLAC. That's less than 2 pints of beer in London.

How much exactly in metric is a pint?

600 ml like the old milk bottle ?

I tend to drink beer at home but I brought a 300 ml bottle at Auckland airport last week ( granted the most exspensive place in town to drink ) and it was $8.50

Oh boy I shouldn't have done the conversation

US$35 for the CD, postage aand the mp3 is

Gulp

$52 NZ

Thats thanks to the Greeks and the Chinese

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I know better value than beer because I will get value for money out of any Bruce show

Budweiser 2 x 12 pack $40

Speights gold medal ale 12 pack stubbies or cans $22

Tui 12 pack cans or stubbies $18

Great sound, great setlist, Roulette, One Step Up, Part Man, Part Monkey. I'm satisfied.

Can't believe how much disagreement I have with an Amelia Curran fan.

Well, what can I say... Horns just aren't my thing. As for the BITUSA album, I think it's a bunch of mediocre songs with some masterpieces thrown in... At least we both agree that Downbound Train is one of Bruce's best songs. Now that's something to build on.

All credit to the good folks at Nugs

Each time this is getting eaiser and eaiser

Im very happy with the downloads

Less than five minutes from opening the email to pay and downloading fnal track

And the internet is fast today

Anything with light of day, roulette, Adam, and Seeds has got to be great, pus all these fabulouse Tunnel songs I saddly neglect

Mate you are positively flying on this downloading business now, it wasn't that long ago you couldn't even find a Spotify playlist.

Cover Me is an underrated song, a good song. Not a very good or great song. You could also say: Cover Me is Bruce Springsteen-by-numbers, nothing special. And a very strange, or baffling, choice for 2nd single of the BUSA album.

But the 1988 live versions are really very great. (This all IMO).

I seem to remember Landau said at the time that they wanted to reveal Bruce as being able to write 'modern dance rhythms' or something like that. Wanting to increase their black audience.

Also, It seems like the sampler at the beginning of Tunnel Of Love was all over the place. I am sure it was not meant to be splattering out random percussion and nothing else...

I noticed this...

Cover Me is an underrated song, a good song. Not a very good or great song. You could also say: Cover Me is Bruce Springsteen-by-numbers, nothing special. And a very strange, or baffling, choice for 2nd single of the BUSA album.

But the 1988 live versions are really very great. (This all IMO).

I seem to remember Landau said at the time that they wanted to reveal Bruce as being able to write 'modern dance rhythms' or something like that. Wanting to increase their black audience.

I thought that comment was specifically about those awful 12" remixes they did.

As for Cover Me the song well I always liked it. The music, the guitar, the ambience. I can see why some might think the lyrics might be 'Bruce by Numbers' but it doesn't always have to be about the lyrics.

Listening right now to the new 88 release, very happy. Tunnel tour was my first live concert I ever went to of any artist. Birmingham 22 June 1988..the show seemed to last forever! So it's nice now to be able to listen to a great mix of an 88 show, nice surprise that it is the second night released and not the 28th. Sounds great and is passing the ipod test..