JimCT

One hit wonders

I will stick to my 68-75 wheelhouse and let those older and younger handle other years.

I have known that song since The Wonder Stuff covered it (really well I think) in the late 80's

However I had never thought to look up the original.

Apparently, it is this:

Arguably the greatest one hit wonder ever

I'd go with that...

That 'Definitive Anthology' must be a really short album though. :huh:

• Like 1

Not sure if this mob even had another record out...............saw them support Lynyrd Skynyrd when this was riding high in the charts.

Although they have had other minor success and released a few decent albums, Love And Rockets are primarily known for this little ditty.....

• Like 1

Believe it or not...number 13.

It's almost as bad as this one, which hit number 3.

"I've been to paradise but I've never been to me."

Sheeshomighty!

• Like 1

Thats what i get for being a wise ass ... :lol: Its actually got some nice harmonies, not sold on her voice ...But i kind of like it.

Hey JF....What number did this baby reach on the Billboard singles Charts ? :wacko:

Oh, didn't realize they had to be top ten hits.

Hey JF....What number did this baby reach on the Billboard singles Charts ? :wacko:

Oh, didn't realize they had to be top ten hits.

Not sure who died an made me boss lol ...But i always assumed to be a one hit wonder that it helped if the song was actually... you know...a hit ....But Top 20 is fine :)

Thats what i get for being a wise ass ... :lol: Its actually got some nice harmonies, not sold on her voice ...But i kind of like it.

For months it was my little brothers favorite song. He played the 45 constantly.

• Like 1

I don't know how this guy didn't get sued by the Doobie Brothers for stealing from What A Fool Believes or Kenny Loggins for stealing his face.

This "Aussie" classic is worth mentioning, The Divinyls and their ode to female masturbation.....I Touch Myself.

MI0002770589.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

It all depends on the perspective created by geography. Divinyls are far from one hit wonders here. Many charting songs and albums from the early 80's through to the mid 90's or so. Infact, I would suggest that the average 40 plus Aussie could namemore Divinyls hits than another classic rock act like, say, Tom Petty

• Like 1

A few bands here that I wouldn't classify as one hit wonders. For example, Scandal had a hit with this one in addition to (and in advance of) The Warrior.

• Like 1

She (or Scandal) also had a minor hit at least with a song called Hands Tied that got a ton of video play when I was a grasshopper. I feel like injecting some Canadian content:

• Like 1

Two hard rock 80's songs (one is a Slade cover) that are largely considered one-hit wonder status for Quiet Riot - Cum On Feel The Noize and Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It. Rock on with your bad self!!

And from 1965 - banned in many places, but still hit #1 in the US in a few short weeks

One of my all time favs.
  • Like 2