Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doesthisbusstop

The 2015/16 MUFC Thread: Reason To Believe

After the aptly named 'The Rising' thread started by C4G last summer as the recovery from the Moyes reign began, I will continue the Bruce title theme by declaring that we now have reason to believe.

As I enter my 25th consecutive season as an Old Trafford season ticket holder, I will take my Stretford End seat with more optimism that at any time since the retirement of Sir Alex. It's been quite a tough two years by uniteds modern standards but I think it's safe to say we aren't entering the 26 year title drought of 1967 to 1993, and that the club is now getting back on track.

Let's be honest, the chances of another Class of '92 group of home grown players coming through at united or at any other major club these days, is slim. LVG has proven he is willing to give youth a chance but Paddy McNair is no Gary Neville and there is no new Scholes Giggs or Beckham breaking through. But the club will continue to benefit from the success of those players, due to the riches earned from their trophy laden careers and that has given united the chance to compete with anyone in the world now when it comes to spending their self generated cash on players.

The signings this summer have been shrewd. Sweinsteiger is class. No wonder Bayern fans are gutted. Schneiderlin is proven PL quality and with these two additions plus Carrick rotating as options in front of the defence, it looks promising. From what I have seen of Darmian he looks real quality as well.

The negatives are that we still need to sign a centre back and a striker and we should have sorted that by now. Memphis looks strong, powerful and dangerous but he is still young and will no doubt be inconsistent in his first season in the PL, so we can't rely on the potential of his partnership with Rooney as being sufficient fire power.

I think the club will sell De Gea but only if we get a player in return from Madrid to fill one of those two positions. I can't see a cash only sale happening unless Madrid bid over £30M, which surely they won't with only a year to wait to have him for free.

All in all, I am excited about the new season. As I write I reckon we are looking at 2nd or 3rd at best. But if we get the right quality in the two positions we need most, then the title is within our grasp. Come on United.

Ha Ha you beat me by a minute .... I will delete mine....

Ha Ha you beat me by a minute .... I will delete mine....

Ha! Reason to believe is much better than high hopes as I'm sure every bruce fan red or otherwise would agree!

there are now more Man U threads than they have strikers

Chelski are worse off for strikers methinks - a crocked Costa, a useless Falcao and benchwarmer Ba :)

In terms of title chances Reason to Bereave may be more apt.

Chelski are worse off for strikers methinks - a crocked Costa, a useless Falcao and benchwarmer Ba :)

Ba left 2 years ago been in the middle east, china and god knows where else since.... you might mean Remy?

Ba left 2 years ago been in the middle east, china and god knows where else since.... you might mean Remy?

Yep......I knew it was one of the "buy them so no one else can" brigade :)

Looks like the Pedro deal is quite close now, just a bit of last minute haggling over the fee (although Utd will pay the full release clause if necessary) and a medical. Personal terms agreed apparently.

Looks like the Pedro deal is quite close now, just a bit of last minute haggling over the fee (although Utd will pay the full release clause if necessary) and a medical. Personal terms agreed apparently.

Agreed. Serious interest for Pedro from the Man Utd camp. The Mirror is saying this transfer could happen in 48 hours. Honestly, MUFC is getting a very talented player. Pedro has the ability to affect the outcome of a match on a regular basis. His uncanny skill to put himself in the correct position always impresses. With him in the fold, I feel "The Red Devils" have a decent chance at the title this season. In other news, LVG is also looking at Real Madrid's Pepe too. Although I have nothing but disdain for this guy, I'll be happy to see him leave Spain. ;)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-complete-20m-pedro-6187558

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9933874/manchester-united-have-serious-interest-in-barcelona-forward-pedro

Fiorentina-v-Barcelona.jpg

Saint Pep Guardiola expressed his opinion about Pedro Rodriguez's purposed move the other day and said that he feels Pedro will do very well at Man Utd. However, unlike his praise for Pedro, he casts doubt over Bastian Schweinsteiger's fitness.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3184129/Pedro-make-Manchester-United-believes-former-boss-Pep-Guardiola.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11781074/Manchester-United-news-Pep-Guardiola-casts-doubt-over-Bastian-Schweinsteigers-fitness.html

_78365113_pep_guardiola_getty3.jpg

"Le Flop" is in Qatar (or maybe Paris) :)

Rojo is just hangin' man...........he'll be back

However, unlike his praise for Pedro, he casts doubt over Bastian Schweinsteiger's fitness.

Time will tell. I think he and Carrick may alternate/interchange

di maria showed up for a medical in Qatar when he is signing for a French team I guess it is on the way ???

_84673973_dimaria.jpg

no sign of Rojo in the background shots so he is still MIA

di maria showed up for a medical in Qatar when he is signing for a French team I guess it is on the way ???

_84673973_dimaria.jpg

no sign of Rojo in the background shots so he is still MIA

The mystery surrounding Di Maria's medical is apparently due to problems with a scan which could not show any trace of his backbone.

An agreement for Pedro's transfer to Manchester United has now been reached. 32 million Euros agreed between the two clubs. However, Barcelona is eager for Pedro to stay until after the UEFA Super Cup next Tuesday.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2015/08/05/14184222/man-utd-barcelona-agree-pedro-deal

1741952_heroa.jpg

I cannot say I know too much about Pedro. Do you rate him Greetings?

What would happen if he got injured?

Would be a stupid move by Barcelona. Seems they only ever want him as a resting post for the big three. If they have agreed a deal it would be best for all parties to be done immediately.

I cannot say I know too much about Pedro. Do you rate him Greetings?

Yes I rate Pedro very highly. He gave 10+ years (Youth and Senior) to Barcelona and has proven his worth time and time again. LVG says that with him coming to Manchester United, he thinks that Pedro could be the "missing piece" for a serious title challenge. I agree with Louis van Gaal's assessment. He's no Messi (hey, who is?) but "The Red Devils" have got themselves a determined and dynamic player hungry for more success. Personally, I think Pedro is seriously undervalued and possibly the best player on the MUFC squad.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/pedro-to-manchester-united-how-the-wingers-speed-and-movement-could-help-louis-van-gaal/story-e6frf4ec-1227468957429

Pedro_3143102b.jpg

A tough CL qualifier awaits United in Friday's draw.

We can only draw:

Lazio

Monaco

Rapid Vienna

CSKA Moscow

Club Brugge

Ties Aug 18/19th and 25/26th.

don't worry if you lose you have the safety net and glory if joining europes elite in the Europa League :D

By selling Di Maria and RVP, and not extending Falcao's loan, United have knocked off around £795,000 off of their weekly wage bill according to the Manchester Evening News.