Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doesthisbusstop

The 2015/16 MUFC Thread: Reason To Believe

Good old Man Yoo - they can't even get this right.

Replacing  one prickly, defensive minded manager with another prickly, defensive minded manager. 

They should have kept Van Gaal for another season then moved for Pochettino. 

3 hours ago, Growin' Up said:

Good old Man Yoo - they can't even get this right.

Replacing  one prickly, defensive minded manager with another prickly, defensive minded manager. 

They should have kept Van Gaal for another season then moved for Pochettino. 

In seven seasons at Real Madrid, Ronaldo has only won la liga once. That was in Mourinho's 121 goal scoring team. 

image.png

Just loving all the bitter ABUs abusing Utd at the moment...........not one of the variants on "Utd have handled this badly" (mostly lots more vitriolic of course) has actually realised that, despite the actual headlines, it was all media speculation aimed at selling papers.

Of course, we all knew it was gonna happen, even LVG at his most arrogant knew it but let's face it, in terms of doing stuff right Utd have been very correct.

As for sacking him after winning the cup - so what? Apart from odd bits it has been a rotten season and that's been mostly down to LVG and, as we found out 2 years ago, getting a manager in very late is a bad start.

As for Jose........I guess it will depend on which Jose we get but it'll be bloody interesting :)

so it even made the news over here that the hold up with mourinho is due to Chelski owning the image rights to Mourinho Talcum Powder, Umbrellas and Lingerie!!!!!!!

Special One Lingerie ??????? :o

Finally, united appoint the manager we should have appointed after Sir Alex retired. 3 years too late, but that's undoubtedly made it easier for Mourinho to succeed than it would have been had he landed the job at that time.

No more talk of it being "a process" or the players learning a philosophy (LVG) or "making it difficult" for Newcastle at home or Liverpool being "favourites to win at old Trafford"(Moyes). 

Mourinho has a point to prove. He wanted this job. Will the real Manchester United now step forward. Roll on the new season. 

Brilliant from Rashford becoming England's youngest ever debutant goalscorer. Hopefully he surpasses Rooney's record in the future years to come. He's certainly got the time and potential. 

If Mourinho gets Zlatan, and Martial and Rashford can play in the forward line channels supporting him then it could be mouth watering. With width support from overlapping full backs Shaw and Valencia. What a contrast to this season could be in store :)

6 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Finally, united appoint the manager we should have appointed after Sir Alex retired. 3 years too late, but that's undoubtedly made it easier for Mourinho to succeed than it would have been had he landed the job at that time.

No more talk of it being "a process" or the players learning a philosophy (LVG) or "making it difficult" for Newcastle at home or Liverpool being "favourites to win at old Trafford"(Moyes). 

Mourinho has a point to prove. He wanted this job. Will the real Manchester United now step forward. Roll on the new season. 

I dunno mate, I do understand why you are so happy to have him as your manager.

It's fair to say I'm as equally delighted NUFC have got Rafa.

However, and this is just me thinking here. Mourinho has been sussed, his last spell at his beloved Chelsea was a nightmare, he lost the plot big style, he thought he was bigger than chelsea and he could do no wrong, he fucked up big style, worst Premier League defence by the champions ever. All down to him.  he slagged that lass off for running on the pitch doing her job..end of Chelsea's challenge, end of "the Special one's" rep  he fucked up big style.

Now he is at Man utd IMO the biggest club in England, he will make it personal, you've already said he has a "point to prove" He'll mess up Man you because he'll make it all about him. Man utd have now sussed out how good sir AF was and will never replace him, your lot will now have to join the rest of us ( not Newcastle of course) and have a have a new manager every few years.

He may sign that big fucker from PSG, who is awesome btw, but he is in love with his own reflection, just like Jose.

IMO, and it's just me thinking here, this is the worst thing that could happen to man utd.

Just me sounding off again but man you should have made Giggs manager and kept it in the family and built from within. 

Next year when Man you win everything feel free to bump this thread. And ram it down my gob :lol:

With Jose the question is: Is short term success worth the long term consequences?

I thought United were bigger than that.

9 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

I dunno mate, I do understand why you are so happy to have him as your manager.

It's fair to say I'm as equally delighted NUFC have got Rafa.

However, and this is just me thinking here. Mourinho has been sussed, his last spell at his beloved Chelsea was a nightmare, he lost the plot big style, he thought he was bigger than chelsea and he could do no wrong, he fucked up big style, worst Premier League defence by the champions ever. All down to him.  he slagged that lass off for running on the pitch doing her job..end of Chelsea's challenge, end of "the Special one's" rep  he fucked up big style.

Now he is at Man utd IMO the biggest club in England, he will make it personal, you've already said he has a "point to prove" He'll mess up Man you because he'll make it all about him. Man utd have now sussed out how good sir AF was and will never replace him, your lot will now have to join the rest of us ( not Newcastle of course) and have a have a new manager every few years.

He may sign that big fucker from PSG, who is awesome btw, but he is in love with his own reflection, just like Jose.

IMO, and it's just me thinking here, this is the worst thing that could happen to man utd.

Just me sounding off again but man you should have made Giggs manager and kept it in the family and built from within. 

Next year when Man you win everything feel free to bump this thread. And ram it down my gob :lol:

I am with you there Roy, I do not think that he is the right fit for Man Utd.

Spot on also about just how good Sir AF was, like I have said before he alone is worth 25-26 points a season for his club.

47 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

image.png

Who is the best bet? Will be more wide open than La Liga, that is for certain. 

Now lets see, the english Premier League was over with almost a month of the season left....

La Liga still had three teams in contention on the 2nd last weekend, and went right to the final whistle of the final game before being decided, It is sad to see so many otherwise sane,rational and clever people being overwhelmed and sucked in by the continual hype.

1 hour ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Now lets see, the english Premier League was over with almost a month of the season left....

La Liga still had three teams in contention on the 2nd last weekend, and went right to the final whistle of the final game before being decided, It is sad to see so many otherwise sane,rational and clever people being overwhelmed and sucked in by the continual hype.

He is right, though. Thankfully Atletico managed to establish themselves at the top of the table to shake things up a bit. But other than that? Many clubs in Spain would have the potential to compete when it comes to infrastructure, management and youth talent, but they lack the necessary money. Some La Liga clubs have smaller annual budgets than what a low-table PL club spends on one single transfer! The problem is that spanish football is run by idiots who are incapable of properly selling their product.

11 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

He is right, though. Thankfully Atletico managed to establish themselves at the top of the table to shake things up a bit. But other than that? Many clubs in Spain would have the potential to compete when it comes to infrastructure, management and youth talent, but they lack the necessary money. Some La Liga clubs have smaller annual budgets than what a low-table PL club spends on one single transfer! The problem is that spanish football is run by idiots who are incapable of properly selling their product.

The top 3 in Spain are far better than the top 3 last season in the PL. 

Next season in Spain, the title will be between those same 3 and one other team will make up their top 4.

in the PL next season, there are at least 6 teams who stand as good a chance of winning the PL as eachother. And there will be at least 10 teams fancying their chances of a top 4 place. 

The quality of the top teams in Spain is higher. The league however is too predictable. The PL is now more unpredictable than ever before, which attracts more interest in its followers. 

On 24 May 2016 at 1:28 PM, C4G said:

As for Jose........I guess it will depend on which Jose we get but it'll be bloody interesting :)

The ABU's will be out in force next season hoping he doesn't do well. And even if he does, everyone just assumes that it will all go wrong within 2 years. The most exciting thing for united fans is, what if it doesn't all go wrong as it has done before and he settles and goes from strength to strength as united manager - what if he has finally found the right club and he is still united manager in 5 years time or longer? That's what the ABU's will be fearing. 

first signing of the Evil One's reign is a central defender from Villareal for 25 million quid Eric Bailly will be interesting to see if he makes the team or ends up like the 6 or so central defenders signed by Chelski last off season out on loan somewhere.... haven't seen any release lists from any of the big clubs yet so don't know who man u are letting go of on July 1st .

well thats a big surprise :o

guess several of he other forwards will go out on loan now?

Buy first, (well pay wages) then loan or sell later. Maybe one season of Zlatan. But he might, just might win a premier league title medal to add to his collection and bring on Martial and Rashford towards his level over the next 12 months. A good move for club and player. 

A private jet from Dortmund is landing in Manchester this afternoon (Mkhitaryan) and also Zlatan is flying in today so we could see two signings paraded this evening. 

Also and most crucially we are now odds on favourites to sign Pogba with it now as high as 7/2 he stays at Juve this summer..

image.png

it is always a little funny when a newspaper leaves out a key word in a headline that completely misleads you until they correct it

there was an article on ESPN that read "Jose Mourinho signs for fulham"  :o a few minutes later they corrected it to "Jose Mourinho Jr signs for Fulham"