Greasy Lake Community

The 2015/16 FC Barcelona and La Liga Thread: "Glory Days"

GreetingsFromBarcelona

Bayer Leverkusen deserves to be 1-0 up so far, sharper across the pitch and more effective strategies. Their hard work is paying off. Over the last 10 minutes of the first half, Barca looked like they were finally starting to wake up. Hopefully, they knock in some goals during the second half.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too many injuries happening for FCB right now. Word is Andres Iniesta is out for a few weeks on for a hamstring injury in his right leg. Considering all the football these guys have been playing it was bound to happen.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11833/10011821/barcelona-captain-andres-iniesta-out-with-hamstring-injury

andres-iniesta-barcelona-nou-camp_335779

Too many injuries happening for FCB right now. Word is Andres Iniesta is out for a few weeks on for a hamstring injury in his right leg. Considering all the football these guys have been playing it was bound to happen.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11833/10011821/barcelona-captain-andres-iniesta-out-with-hamstring-injury

andres-iniesta-barcelona-nou-camp_335779

Iniesta had plenty of vacation time in the summer. No need to look for reasons. Last year we had no injuries to deal with. And I couldn't care less to be honest. They will make it to the next round in the CL and that's all that matters. Luis Enrique should get the team in shape for February when the KO-rounds start, because defending the CL title has to be the main target this season.

Lets try and keep this thread about La Liga lads.

Barcelona are a massive club with many fans all over the world, I'm sure Barcelona fans would agree with the courts if those three Barcelona players were convicted of tax evasion or avoidance.

Barcelona are a huge club world wide, why only today I was reading about many celebrities who are or were Barcelona fans.

Gary Barlow is a big admirer so is Chris Moyes.

Actor Wesley Snipes also a fan.

Comedian Jimmy Carr is often seen with a Barcelona shirt on.

The racing great Sir Lester Piggot used to go to the Camp Non Pay years ago when he was not winning horse races.

Ken Dodd was accused of being a Barcelona fan, but he denied it.

Even back in history Barcelona had a very famous fan, Al Capone so legend says was a massive Barcelona fan.

Oh dear have I touched a nerve..

I would advise not touching anything (or anybody) anytime soon.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/mar/30/london-taxi-driver-jailed-for-10-years-for-sexually-assaulting-female-passengers

What that has got to do with what we are talking about is beyond me. Thankfully that sort of vile London Taxi Driver is about as rare as an honest stockbroker.

Oh dear have I touched a nerve..

I would advise not touching anything (or anybody) anytime soon.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/mar/30/london-taxi-driver-jailed-for-10-years-for-sexually-assaulting-female-passengers

What that has got to do with what we are talking about is beyond me. Thankfully that sort of vile London Taxi Driver is about as rare as an honest stockbroker.

Ian getting ready for the night shift.

Liga BBVA Week 7 Predictions

Celta Vigo v Getafe: 1-1

Sevilla v Barcelona: 1-2

Granada v Deportivo: 1-3

Espanyol v Sporting: 0-0

Las Palmas v Eibar: 0-1

Malaga v Real Sociedad: 1-2

Athletic Bilbao v Valencia: 2-1

Rayo v Real Betis: 0-0

Levante v Villarreal: 0-2

Atletico Madrid v Real Madrid: 1-3

Liga BBVA Week 7 Predictions

Celta Vigo v Getafe: XXX

Sevilla v Barcelona: 0-2

Granada v Deportivo: 1-2

Espanyol v Sporting: 1-0

Las Palmas v Eibar: 1-1

Malaga v Real Sociedad: 1-1

Athletic Bilbao v Valencia: 1-2

Rayo v Real Betis: 1-1

Levante v Villarreal: 1-3

Atletico Madrid v Real Madrid: 0-2

Leo, what's your opinion on Ter Stegen? Personally I like him but feel that Claudio Bravo is the more complete keeper.

It's going to be interesting this afternoon against Sevilla considering Iniesta, Messi etc out on injury.

Ter Stegen gets a lot of undeserved criticism. He's a great keeper but still has a lot to learn. I hope that Luis Enrique gives him the chance to develop. He's the future.

Just in case you missed it:

Barcelona travelled to out-of-form Sevilla on Saturday knowing that three points would take them top of La Liga. Both teams had chances in an end-to-end first 45 minutes, but neither could make the breakthrough in Seville. Sevilla scored twice in the opening 15 minutes of the second half, however, with Michael Krohn-Dehli and Vicente Iborra on the scoresheet for the hosts. Barcelona were back in the game late on when Neymar scored from the penalty spot, but the visitors could not find a leveller as Sevilla recorded an impressive three points.

Archived