Greasy Lake Community

The 2015/16 FC Barcelona and La Liga Thread: "Glory Days"

GreetingsFromBarcelona

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Security looking for a bomb, or two, at the Bernabeu last night.

una-aficionada-del-barcelona-pasa-contro

We had to arrive at the Bernabeu Stadium 2 hours before kick-off and it still took me almost 90 minutes to get to my seat. I fully understand the need to be cautious but that was the most intense security I've experienced at a sports event in my life.

Had a blast at the stadium last night. After the incredible win over Real Madrid, the atmosphere for the Roma match was very festive. I sat next to a long time fan who's been attending matches for 40+ years. He was nice to talk to about Barcelona and it's history, he had many, many stories to share. It was a fun night out for sure.

Gary Neville is now the manager of Valencia FC. Does that mean if Valencia gets a goal in stoppage time to win the game 1-0, Gary will run over to the opposing teams supporters and jubilantly celebrate in front of them?

So Valencia sacked Phil and put Gary in charge? What else did I miss? ;-)

Gary Neville is now the manager of Valencia FC. Does that mean if Valencia gets a goal in stoppage time to win the game 1-0, Gary will run over to the opposing teams supporters and jubilantly celebrate in front of them?

• He will be the first British manager at Valencia for 81 years.
  • the 21st British manager to have ever managed in Spain, with Athletic Bilbao having the most, a whopping 38% in total, the last one being Howard Kendall.
  • 18 of these 21 British managers have been English.
  • 4 of the English managers to have managed there have succeeded in winning the league.
  • The Last English manager to win the league there was Terry Venables in 1985 with Barcelona, although Bobby Robson won the Copa Del Rey and Cup winners cup in 97.
  • The Last British manager to win the league there was John Toshack at Real Madrid in 1990, who also won bits and bats with Real Sociedad and Deportivo.

• He will be the first British manager at Valencia for 81 years.
  • the 21st British manager to have ever managed in Spain, with Athletic Bilbao having the most, a whopping 38% in total, the last one being Howard Kendall.
  • 18 of these 21 British managers have been English.
  • 4 of the English managers to have managed there have succeeded in winning the league.
  • The Last English manager to win the league there was Terry Venables in 1985 with Barcelona, although Bobby Robson won the Copa Del Rey and Cup winners cup in 97.
  • The Last British manager to win the league there was John Toshack at Real Madrid in 1990, who also won bits and bats with Real Sociedad and Deportivo.

So now it's Gary AND Phil. AS reported for a while that Phil was sacked right before Gary was signed. Turned out to be false.

Real Madrid could be kicked out the spanish cup ?

I thought you had quit supporting Real ??? what did they do more Euro Notes discovered hidden down the back of a sofa...

I've disowned Real, this week I'm a juventus fan

I may buy a house there

I thought you had quit supporting Real ??? what did they do more Euro Notes discovered hidden down the back of a sofa...

I may buy a house there

Don't forget to take beautiful photos.

roy's formerly beloved real Madrid kicked out of cup - Barcelona ask for trophy to just be mailed to them and not have to bother playing any more rounds of cup to save time!

I may buy a house there

You should start supporting Alloa, you'll get a four bedroom gaff there for the price of a fish supper.

Crap photos though.

I may buy a house there

You should start supporting Alloa, you'll get a four bedroom gaff there for the price of a fish supper.

Crap photos though.

I went to Alloa once,yonks ago, job interview at Weir pumps.

I never got the job, if i did I would be nearly Scottish by now, still working in a factory..but harder :D

I might have even called my son Bruce..hang on ? :lol::lol::lol:

Scottish factory though Roy, much higher end. :D

In my travels throughout Scottish fitba, I've been to some shitholes but Alloa is up there. (I think Greenock still wins.)

No offence to the good people of Clackmannanshire or the Tail o' the Bank.

Archived