Greasy Lake Community

The 2015/16 FC Barcelona and La Liga Thread: "Glory Days"

GreetingsFromBarcelona

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Serves them right. Talking about 6 titles before they even had 4.

Agreed Leo....agreed. Athletic Bilbao are not a club to take lightly. They deserved the win tonight and put on an absolute clinic. Barca looked haggered and tired during much of the match and I sense Luis Enrique severely underestimated this quality Basque side. I'll tell you one thing.....Monday will be an interesting second leg at Camp Nou.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/athletic-club-v-fc-barcelona-gloomy-night-in-bilbao-40

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33939433

_84905589_messi.jpg

Barcelona let in 4 goals AGAIN :o

Quick..vancouver..put your arsenal scarf on.

:lol: Very funny Roy! Hey you first.....

Me first what?

i've just got one club my friend, only one.

Newcastle United, it's part of my heritage.

Thick or thin, my club.

Only one...one, just one

Good point Andrew. Shambolic defending from our back-line today. The last two matches have indeed shed a spotlight on the defensive requirements that Barca need. They have been so focused on the forward line that really the rest has been papered over somewhat. Oh well, I can't complain after the wonderful season they just had, there's only one place to go from the top ;)

Me first what?

Thick or thin, my club.

Only one...one, just one

Me too Roy. As I mentioned in the Man Utd thread, I prefer Arsenal in the Premier League but I'm NOT AN ARSENAL SUPPORTER. I only have ONE CLUB.....just one. Barcelona, it's part of my heritage too. Since I was a young boy, thick or thin, my club. Only one.....one just one.

Me first what?

Thick or thin, my club.

Only one...one, just one

Me too Roy. As I mentioned in the Man Utd thread, I prefer Arsenal in the Premier League but I'm NOT AN ARSENAL SUPPORTER. I only have ONE CLUB.....just one. Barcelona, it's part of my heritage too. Since I was a young boy, thick or thin, my club. Only one.....one just one.

So..you're an Arsenal fan ?

On Tuesday Lucho got away with his strange subs, but last night? Rotating 6 out of 7 players in defense and midfield? Playing in Bilbao with only 3 starters?

This is what happens when you don't respect your opponent.

On Tuesday Lucho got away with his strange subs, but last night? Rotating 6 out of 7 players in defense and midfield? Playing in Bilbao with only 3 starters?

Once again Leo, I agree. Regarding Tuesday, if not for a bit of lucky poaching from Pedro I think Sevilla would have won it as they're very adept at penalty shoot-outs.

Once again Leo, I agree. Regarding Tuesday, if not for a bit of lucky poaching from Pedro I think Sevilla would have won it as they're very adept at penalty shoot-outs.

Sevilla conceded 6 against Roma last night, also starting a very different line-up.

No question, travelling 8000 km to Tbilis and back didn't help. But Lucho should have dealt with that rotating the players properly. 3 or 4 changes in each match. Not 6 or 7 in just one of them. Playing against a rested Athletic at San Mames with a midfield of Mascherano, Rafinha and Sergi Roberto, and a center-back pairing of Vermaelen and Bartra? I struggle to find the right word for that. Stupidity, recklessness, arrogance...

ex Man u player Pique off for an early shower with Shakira :rolleyes:

does a sending off in this competition carry over to league play? if so he'll miss the opening game against some team called Bilbao!

next "super cup" type competition is in japan in December against sides like River Plate and Auckland City (is that Daisey's team)

Yes but that is a FIFA sanctioned tourney, not UEFA or La Liga. I'm cautiously optimistic about Barcelona's chances.

1-1 it's over Barca. Bilbao fully deserve it. They played fast attacking football and capitalized over both legs on a sloppy Catalan side.

Andrew, Pique's yellow card does not carry over to La Liga.

Is that you in the picture Vancouver :D

_85015271_ap.jpg

1-1 it's over Barca. Bilbao fully deserve it. They played fast attacking football and capitalized over both legs on a sloppy Catalan side.

Andrew, Pique's yellow card does not carry over to La Liga.

It does! Because it was a straight red.

Archived