Sign in to follow this  
GreetingsFromBarcelona

The 2015/16 FC Barcelona and La Liga Thread: "Glory Days"

1 hour ago, AMIW said:

what did he do wrong? they are like 3rd still in all the cups that they didn't get kicked out of for the inelignle player etc

Rafa for Swansea/chelski etc.....

They play crappy football.

well if that were a reason just above everyone other than Leicester and maybe Watford would have changed managers in the premier league  !!!

The truth is that Real Madrid under Benítez was some of the worst football seen in many years at the Santiago Bernabéu and there's been some pretty terrible stuff in recent times (except for the Ancelotti era which was a bit more hit than miss but had bad moments too). The players don't like him and the fans don't like him so the writing was always gonna be on the wall and it's no surprise he's been dismissed. But the real party time comes after this and it's what the press are waiting for because Rafa getting the boot is just the prelude for the fans now going all hell for glory to try and push out Florentino Pérez who is the real one to blame in all of this and his obsession with trying to end Barça's dominance (this is what it's really all about)... Check it out, it's easy... Look at Florentino's spending in the two stints as president and then look at the honours won by both Real and Barcelona. Who's gonna come in and available? (Who would want to go in there should be the real question). Zidane? Is he ready? Of course not and he's so far been a terrible coach who got Real Madrid Castilla relegated and they play terrible football. I suppose the players will have quite a bit of respect for him but players of the ilk at Madrid must also be asking themselves... How's he apt for this job and what's he gonna provide for us to beat the best?

Was looking around today at all the tables from all the major leagues, to see Barcelona or Real not on top. What is happening. Not being smart, don't follow that league. Can someone give me a quick look at this league.

7 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Was looking around today at all the tables from all the major leagues, to see Barcelona or Real not on top. What is happening. Not being smart, don't follow that league. Can someone give me a quick look at this league.

Atletico have one of the most exciting and talented managers in football. They have been the third (some say second) big team in Spain for a few years now. Won the league in 2014, the cup in 2013, a couple of Europe Leagues and made it to the CL final, which they only lost in overtime. They don't play very attractive football, but they are very efficient and organized. Very, very tough to beat.

It has to be said, though, that Barça have a game in hand. ;)

On 5.1.2016 at 2:35 AM, AMIW said:

Barcelona sign 77 players TODAY :rolleyes: not even Harry Redknapp managed that on the last day of a transfer window :o

http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/04/barcelona-sign-77-players-in-one-day-after-transfer-ban-ends-5600976/?

Sounds a lot, but they sign a high number of young players every year. This year it had to be more because of the transfer ban. Youth team squads were very thin.

Ugly game last night. Espanyol are a group of dirty thugs pretending to be football players. Disgraceful!

9 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

Ugly game last night. Espanyol are a group of dirty thugs pretending to be football players. Disgraceful!

Windy conditions in the Camp Nou as I'm glad I grabbed a jacket. Great to see our new guys have a trot but this match was very physical. Espanyol deserved the red cards they got for all their aggressive play and time wasting antics. When I got home I watched the highlights and was shocked to see what Pau Lopez did to Messi! Fucking asshole deserved a straight red for that shit! Messi had a wonderful match scoring goals and setting them up too. His free kick was picture perfect! Watching him play I was once again reminded of what a special player he is and how fortunate we fans are to see him in action. The rest of the guys were clinical today as well and overall I think we can take care of business for Leg 2.

It would not surprise me if the spanish FA bans Suarez and lets Lopez get away with it.

did "old chompers" snack on a few opposition players or something?

33 minutes ago, AMIW said:

did "old chompers" snack on a few opposition players or something?

A little trash talk in the hall outside the dressing rooms. Just told some Espanyol players that they're garbage. Big deal. Still he gets a two match ban. But Espanyol's goalkeeper will not get banned after deliberately stepping on Messi's leg and Diop who insulted Suarez's mother gets one game. Not too long ago, Pique got a four match ban for saying almost the same. Spanish logic. But like I said, it's no surprise. The president of the spanish FA himself said not too long ago that he's a Real Madrid fan. Go figure.

It's so absurd, it's actually funny. Pique will be investigated for childish but harmless comments on Twitter by the Anti-VIOLENCE-Committee, but a player trying to deliberately hurt another player will not. By now I can't even remember how many times Cristiano Ronaldo elbowed or punched or kicked an opponent behind the back of the ref. He has never faced any punishment, hasn't even been "investigated".

Hala Madrid!

celta de vigo v atletico Madrid - apparently is still on :o - will the teams reach the ground by canoe???

_87571375_as.png

Latest: Luis Suárez has been punished with a two match suspension which is only applicable to the Copa del Rey for apparently waiting for the Espanyol players in the tunnel after the game and telling them he was going to beat them all up. This has occurred because th referee was in the tunnel also and he wrote this in his match report while he didn't see the deliberate nasty stamp on Messi's ankle from the Espanyol keeper during the match and because in Spain what's not in the match report stays unpunished, then that's it. You can kill someone and if the ref didn't see it, it is left as is.

well that should teach them - it certainly hampered Barcelona so much when they had the transfer ban.... and the fine amount well that is barely the amount of money gareth bale spends on hair gel per month.

Barcelona were punished in April and appealed while Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid have been punished in January and the appeal will occur earlier meaning it won't coincide with a transfer window.

The Spanish League Federation states that they stand behind Real and Atletico and support their appeal. Two years ago they wanted to enforce the ban eventhough Barça had an appeal pending.

Hala Madrid!

Heading out the door for Camp Nou. I always love it when Athletic Bilbao comes to town. They are a fantastic club with amazing youth development and fierce Basque pride. 

1 hour ago, GreetingsFromBarcelona said:

Heading out the door for Camp Nou. I always love it when Athletic Bilbao comes to town. They are a fantastic club with amazing youth development and fierce Basque pride. 

Hoy ! Come back.  You forgot your camera.:P

• Like 1

Spain: Suarez gets banned for something Mascherano says and Ronaldo gets a freekick after kicking an opponent off the ball.

Hala Madrid!

27 minutes ago, Mission Man in AZ said:

Ref gifts game to Barca three minutes in.

You think that wasnt a penalty?