Greasy Lake Community

The 2015/16 FC Barcelona and La Liga Thread: "Glory Days"

GreetingsFromBarcelona

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LeoGetz said:

But seriously, Roy, what do you think this Barcelona would do to teams like Aston Villa, Sunderland or Crystal Palace? (see how I didn't mention Newcastle?) ;)

They would hammer them as well. And Real would do too, especially at the Bernabeu. They are mismanaged by coach and president, but look at the talent in their team.

The thing about this Barcelona team is their exceptional work ethic. Pep Guardiola brainwashed these players. Win, win again, and win more. Probably Pep's biggest achievment. Priceless! And now the "old-timers" like Iniesta, Pique, Messi, Busquets, Alves, etc., drill the new players to be like this as well. Look at how Neymar changed in the last two years. It's like he's a completely different player. If he had gone to Real, he'd be a diva now. At Barça he works his socks off.

Look at a player like Iniesta. He will win his 30th (!!) title in May, with a chance for 3 more. 4 Champions Leagues, 7 Spanish Leagues, 2 European Championships, 1 World Cup, U16 European Champion, U19 European Champion... But he still shows up first for every training session, still plays every game as if it were a final. This is what makes this Barcelona team special. People see the great football they play but often forget to look at how hard they work. They didn't lose for 37 games now. They won the triple last season. But they still show a hunger for more titles that I have never seen in football before.

And this sets them apart from teams like Chelsea or City. Look at Chelsea this season. One league title and they're slacking off. They have players strolling across the pitch like they don't want to be there. It's embarrassing. Same with City. These players will not know what is happening to them when Pep takes over.

I can't disagree with any of that Leo.

I reckon Newcastle United would hold their own against Barcelona..for about 2 minutes:lol: We'd get fuckin' hammered after that ! The thought of Barcelona's front three against our lot :o Bloody hell it would probably be a world record score !

I don't think many of those City players will be there for very long after Pep takes over.

• 2 weeks later...

Official statement from FC Barcelona to Johan Cruyff

"FC Barcelona would like to express it's pain and sorrow at the passing away of Johan Cruyff (Amsterdam, 25/04/1947 - Barcelona 24/03/2016), who was both an FC Barcelona player and a coach and who will forever be a legend at the club.

FC Barcelona wishes to send it's most heartfelt sympathy to Johan Cruyff's family at such a painful moment, a sentiment which the Club members, fans and the whole world of football and sport will share.

Rest in peace

Thank you Johan."

21 hours ago, GreetingsFromBarcelona said:

Official statement from FC Barcelona to Johan Cruyff

"FC Barcelona would like to express it's pain and sorrow at the passing away of Johan Cruyff (Amsterdam, 25/04/1947 - Barcelona 24/03/2016), who was both an FC Barcelona player and a coach and who will forever be a legend at the club.

FC Barcelona wishes to send it's most heartfelt sympathy to Johan Cruyff's family at such a painful moment, a sentiment which the Club members, fans and the whole world of football and sport will share.

Rest in peace

Thank you Johan."

Barça president Bartomeu after they stripped Cruyff of his honorary presidency in 2010:

"We have to say no to Cruijff, there are other former players who can guide us".

14 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

Barça president Bartomeu after they stripped Cruyff of his honorary presidency in 2010:

"We have to say no to Cruijff, there are other former players who can guide us".

I bet he feels like a right plonker now.

38 minutes ago, AMIW said:

I heard a rumour that Barcelona lost a game - I just looked outside and the world has not ended so that cannot be true.... :o

Just as well you don't live in sunderland, because if you looked out the window you would think the world has ended

13 hours ago, AMIW said:

I heard a rumour that Barcelona lost a game - I just looked outside and the world has not ended so that cannot be true.... :o

Wasn't world-ending, but it was depressing to watch.

Too many bad performances in a row. Arsenal at home, Villarreal, now this...

Tough opponents and two matches in a competition that many say is Barça's already, but I don't like what I see. Players look tired. They had an awful lot of matches this season with Supercups and the Club World Cup and another run through 4 two-legged rounds to the Copa final... Not a good sign going into the decisive part of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

beeb got over excited reporting the result!

• Suárez (11' minutes, 11' minutes, 24' minutes, 24' minutes, 53' minutes, 53' minutes, 64' minutes, 64' minutes)
  • Rakitic (47' minutes, 47' minutes)
  • Messi (73' minutes, 73' minutes)
  • Bartra (79' minutes, 79' minutes)
  • Neymar (81' minutes, 81' minutes)
On 10/04/2016 at 10:38 AM, LeoGetz said:

Looks like the least competitive league in Europe will have the most exciting finish to the season.

Barcelona back to winning ways, 8-0 away from home, Nowt competitive about that.:D

My guess, Barcelona,,,or Real Madrid will win La Liga this season

3 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Barcelona back to winning ways, 8-0 away from home, Nowt competitive about that.:D

My guess, Barcelona,,,or Real Madrid will win La Liga this season

My guess, whoever wins the english Premier League will NOT win The Champions League.

9 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

My guess, whoever wins the english Premier League will NOT win The Champions League.

Are you sure ?  As sure as you were that only the "big 4" could win the Premier League ?;)

Either way, Leicester or Spurs will have a better chance than Celtic :D

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived