Greasy Lake Community

The 2015/16 FC Barcelona and La Liga Thread: "Glory Days"

GreetingsFromBarcelona

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ah I see could only rummage up 22 players so added a couple of young players but adding a 4th goalie seems a little strange when there are only 6 games in the group stage!

I'm not a decision maker Andrew, I only watch the games. ;)

As of July 2015 - Barcelona and Real Madrid head the most popular sports teams on social media. Unlike other football clubs out there who claim to have the largest fanbase in the world, social media followers are number metrics that can be properly measured and indicated.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2015/07/15/barcelona-and-real-madrid-head-the-most-popular-sports-teams-on-social-media/

I'm not on social media with Palace neither are most fans I know . Do we not count then?

I see the NFL as a whole has less social media followers than Barca and Madrid , it really means to me they follow them on social media because they never actually get to see them play possibly .

I'm not on social media with Palace neither are most fans I know . Do we not count then?

I see the NFL as a whole has less social media followers than Barca and Madrid , it really means to me they follow them on social media because they never actually get to see them play possibly .

Your point is worth thinking about but hey let's get real, any successful sports franchise also includes fans from other parts of the world.

As of July 2015 - Barcelona and Real Madrid head the most popular sports teams on social media. Unlike other football clubs out there who claim to have the largest fanbase in the world, social media followers are number metrics that can be properly measured and indicated.

:D:lol::D

proper fans

:D:lol::D

proper fans

He's a numbers man Roy....humour him.

Statistics can be read and interpreted in different ways as a successful numbers man surely you have to agree on that.

Yes I do agree with that. That's exactly the reason why Man Utd's self-funded "claims" of 659 Million Fans worldwide was not an accurate study and is based largely on subjective opinion.

Yes cabbyian I am a "numbers man", that's been my key to a successful living. At the end of the day, facts and figures don't lie.

Fact..Barcelona are one of the most successful clubs in the world with some of the best players the world has ever seen playing for them, fact.

They win something just about every season fact.

You are a fan of this club...fact.

And you live over 8,500Km away from their ground..go figure that :D:lol::D

Calm down..I'm just "pulling your chain" ;)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2015/07/15/barcelona-and-real-madrid-head-the-most-popular-sports-teams-on-social-media/

WTF has that got to do with anything?

Really, fitba is dying on its fucking arse.

"The most popular sports teams on social media" is possibly the wankiest fucking sentence I have ever seen written down.

Nowadays, I'm lucky if I see the Dons 15 times a season (260 mile round trip for a home game, other financial commitments) but when I was young and foolish I once travelled to Arbroath to see the Dons play.

Well, I travelled to Arbroath to see the Dons play many, many times. I recall seeing Catalan hero Steve Archibald scoring there, but this particular one sticks in my mind.

Why?

It was midweek, it was winter, it was snowing and the roads (and rails) were very near shut, I had to take time off work, I didn't get home til dark o'clock.

The clincher?

It was the second leg of a League Cup tie.

We had a five goal lead from the first leg (and got beat 2-1 in this game as I recall).

Back then, I would've backed my fan credentials against any cunt on the planet.

Fitba pissing contests, real, fan pissing contests, are very seldom about trophies.

And they are FUCKING NEVER about who has the most followers on social media.

Yes cabbyian I am a "numbers man", that's been my key to a successful living. At the end of the day, facts and figures don't lie.

Fact..Barcelona are one of the most successful clubs in the world with some of the best players the world has ever seen playing for them, fact.

They win something just about every season fact.

You are a fan of this club...fact.

And you live over 8,500Km away from their ground..go figure that :D:lol::D

Calm down..I'm just "pulling your chain" ;)

:lol:

Ok Roy, a few more facts......

Fact: I was BORN in Barcelona, Spain but my parents moved to Canada when I was 2 years of age.

Fact: Despite living 8,500Km from Camp Nou, I have attended 86 matches over a 20 year period.

Fact: Factoring in flights, tickets, merchandise and other costs, I've spent approximately $100,000 supporting my club.

Fact: I will be moving back to Barcelona permanently in the next ten years.

Fuck me!! Silva's incredible pass to Jordi Alba was just amazing. He is a magical player.

It was a canny good pass, but ffs calm your sell down..it was just a pass.

Have you ever actually been to a match :D:lol::D ?

Saturday at Estadio Vincente Calderon could be a rout......

After Atletico Madrid humbled Barca a few short weeks ago in the Super Cup, they meet again on Saturday

in La Liga, could be another rout on the cards here.

However Arsenal are at home to Stoke and should take the three points.

Archived