Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Demos

Bob Dylan Bootleg Series Vol 12 : Cutting Edge 1965 - 66 Sessions

The three previous copyright releases were way better than this one. Some truly amazing stuff... The 1964 Royal Festival Hall concert is mindblowingly good.

Well, yes and no... Try to look at it from the point of view of a serious collector... If you bought the 18CD set, you could say "I have every take of every song Bob recorded between 1965 and 1966". That's pretty cool, don't you think?

That said, there's no way I can afford the complete set. And even if I could, I'd most probably still go with the 6CD edition...

As for me loving Dylan more than Bruce, I think you're right... Simply because I love poetry and while Bruce is a great musician and an excellent storyteller, Dylan's songs are more than just songs (if you know what I mean)...

Dylan's writing outsmarts Bruce's by miles.

Bruce simply doesn't have the same range of vocabulary, diction, depth and poetic style. Bruce would agree.

Plus I suspect Bob is a lot more well read than Bruce. He has a lot more to draw on.

Well, yes and no... Try to look at it from the point of view of a serious collector... If you bought the 18CD set, you could say "I have every take of every song Bob recorded between 1965 and 1966". That's pretty cool, don't you think?

That said, there's no way I can afford the complete set. And even if I could, I'd most probably still go with the 6CD edition...

As for me loving Dylan more than Bruce, I think you're right... Simply because I love poetry and while Bruce is a great musician and an excellent storyteller, Dylan's songs are more than just songs (if you know what I mean)...

Bruce simply doesn't have the same range of vocabulary, diction, depth and poetic style. Bruce would agree.

Plus I suspect Bob is a lot more well read than Bruce. He has a lot more to draw on.

Yes. Dylan is in a different league to everyone.

and so is his singing in a league all it's own. ;)

This is just lame... and you know it ;)

the previous copyright releases were comprised of the specific material about to go out of copyright on the particular year.

this release is the same. everything going out of copyright is in there.

if the bruce box is not announced in a week or two then its definitely delayed.

As a Dylan fanatic (if you're in Sydney, you're welcome to come to our monthly Dylan Society get togethers http://sydneydylan.org.au/) no way I'm getting the 18 but I know people who will because they have everything else so, why not. I mean, it will get it but I won't be paying for it ... I'll buy the 2 on itunes as soon as its available so I have it, and then get the 6 disc in hard copy later on. I bought the Deluxe 3 disc version for a fortune of one of the Bootleg Series and to be honest was disappointed with the quality - there was a book of different single covers from around the world and as soon as you open it, the spine cracked, the glue cracked and the pages were immediately loose.

I don't like the name. If you have to say you're "cutting edge" you're not and he was so he doesn't need to say it!

I'm really wishing to get the 18 cd version, but money is way too tight this year.

I think someone will upload it as a torrent, but then again I wonder who could afford it?

I'm really wishing to get the 18 cd version, but money is way too tight this year.

I think someone will upload it as a torrent, but then again I wonder who could afford it?

Lots of people from various Dylan forums have already pre-ordered it. So don't worry, it will be torrented eventually ;)

I'm thinking even the 6CD set will be too much for me... I'm guessing around the 100 quid mark? I'll be sticking with the 2 CD version...

I think Bob is a lot more well read than the large majority of the world's population.

$600 - wow.

I feel a little giddy hovering my mouse over it genuinely considering whether it's a stupid waste of money or the greatest thing I'll buy this year...

I'm thinking even the 6CD set will be too much for me... I'm guessing around the 100 quid mark? I'll be sticking with the 2 CD version...

I think Bob is a lot more well read than the large majority of the world's population.

Most of here probably are when you take into consideration levels of literacy and access to written material in the third world. But that's a red herring.

there is a reason this stuff was not released. endless studio rejects.

ill wait on the new stuff bob is working on.

$600 - wow.

I feel a little giddy hovering my mouse over it genuinely considering whether it's a stupid waste of money or the greatest thing I'll buy this year...

If you have the money, buy it and don't look back :D

That's a pretty accurate guess...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cutting-Edge-1965-1966-Bootleg-Vol-12/dp/B015JXIA4K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443187857&sr=8-1&keywords=bob+dylan+the+cutting+edge

... Santa Claus is coming to town ;)

$600 - wow.

So yeah; I did that.

$600 - wow.

So yeah; I did that.

Really? GREAT!!!

Good for you, I could afford it just about, I just know with a 3 year old I would never listen to it!!

Sometimes you've got to do these things ;)

I'm really excited for you!

Holy shit, this is huge!!!

http://bobdylanbox.shop.musictoday.com/page/MinimalSplash

boxset.jpg

THE CUTTING EDGE 1965 – 1966: THE BOOTLEG SERIES VOL. 12 COLLECTOR’S EDITION

• Limited, numbered edition of 5,000 units worldwide – THESE WILL BE THE ONLY COPIES OF THE COLLECTOR’S EDITION EVER MANUFACTURED!
  • Every single note recorded by Bob Dylan in the studio in 1965/1966
  • 379 tracks on 18 discs
  • 180 page hardcover 11” x 11” book
  • Includes certificate of authenticity
ALSO INCLUDES:
  • The original nine mono 45 RPM singles released during the time period
  • A leopard skin printed spindle
  • A strip of film cells from an original print of the ‘Don’t Look Back’ film
  • includes a download link to hi-res audio files for all 18 discs

The price is too huge for me.

Not cool of Dylan at ALL.

Holy shit, this is huge!!!

http://bobdylanbox.shop.musictoday.com/page/MinimalSplash

boxset.jpg

THE CUTTING EDGE 1965 – 1966: THE BOOTLEG SERIES VOL. 12 COLLECTOR’S EDITION

• Limited, numbered edition of 5,000 units worldwide – THESE WILL BE THE ONLY COPIES OF THE COLLECTOR’S EDITION EVER MANUFACTURED!
  • Every single note recorded by Bob Dylan in the studio in 1965/1966
  • 379 tracks on 18 discs
  • 180 page hardcover 11” x 11” book
  • Includes certificate of authenticity
ALSO INCLUDES:
  • The original nine mono 45 RPM singles released during the time period
  • A leopard skin printed spindle
  • A strip of film cells from an original print of the ‘Don’t Look Back’ film
  • includes a download link to hi-res audio files for all 18 discs

The price is too huge for me.

Not cool of Dylan at ALL.

Why not man? He's also releasing a 6 disc and a 2 disc version... something there for every budget.

(plus... I'm sure the 18 disc version will be out there for download if you're into that).

this type of thing is the only way for artists to make money nowadays. with all the free downloading of material so i dont know why anyone can complain about it.

its a collectors item that will go up in value.

Great title.

You surely need a bloody cutting edge to scrape the barrel that way... ;)