Greasy Lake Community

Bruce's Hair Discussion Thread.

Goombay and I are having a frankly fascinating discussion on the Dave Marsh thread concerning whether Bruce wore a hairpiece on the Reunion Tour.

I say he did. Not a complete wig but a hairpiece attached to the top of his head to cover his thinning crown. My evidence for this is despite his hair dripping with sweat at the sides and the back the top of his head remains suspiciously dry.

This has broadened out into an equally fascinating debate (seriously) about the extent of Ted Danson's baldness. Goombay says he's totally bald, I say he only uses a 'hair replacement system' on his crown - similar to what I suspect Bruce used on the Reunion Tour.

So - Bruce wore a hairpiece on the Reunion Tour Yay or Nay?

Feel free to post screenshots and broaden the discussion to other tours :)

Yes this matters ;)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have looked right into the top of Bruce's head while he was lying across the top of Mr and Mrs kiwi professor

right next to me

I could have ran a hand through his hair

so I saw his locks pretty close up......

watching rugby

be back soon

I'd say Bruce hasn't had a full head of his own hair for about 25 years. He was showing signs of thinning around Tunnel of Love.

On the Reunion Tour Bruce didn't dive into the crowd much, which suggests to me he was worried about a hairpiece falling off. I can't believe his mop of hair on the front of Magic could have been his own either - not on a man then nearing 60.

Since then Bruce has presumably had some kind of hair transplant, which is probably why he now feels able to have it cut short. It's excellently done, as he has allowed some grey to come through so it doesn't look unnatural.

It will be interesting to see if he ever ditches the treatments and wigs as Paul Simon has or goes down the Paul McCartney route of maintaining a full head of hair into old age.

Laughing my Welsh backside off here. We really need a new tour or something. :wacko:

But, never one to skip a left of field thread, I don't think it's a hair piece at all. I think it's real hair (possibly some plugs) that is HEAVILY lacquered.

Laughing my Welsh backside off here. We really need a new tour or something. :wacko:

But, never one to skip a left of field thread, I don't think it's a hair piece at all. I think it's real hair (possibly some plugs) that is HEAVILY lacquered.

Yer, I lean towards plugs. And I think the only time I've really noticed was at the Sinatra gig in '95.

I think the 'Magic' hair (which wasn't magic at all, it was shit) *was* a hair transplant. He'd had one before The Rising tour I suspect. He may have had some additional transplants after that tour. On Magic he fell into the trap a lot of guys do when they start being able to grow hair again...in that they start to grow it. Too much. It doesn't look right. Hair transplants always better cut a bit shorter.

Certainly no hair piece since Reunion Tour. Look how proudly he emerged from that river in Night With The Jersey Devil. Couldn't do that with a wig.

Yes, his hair looks great now BUT I suspect it's embellished with hair fibres. These are very fine fibres that cover up thinning patches. They are used on every from Strictly Come Dancing to various movies etc. If you look at the video of him playing at the private party at The Wonder Bar with Patti's brother his hair looks nowhere near as luxuriant as it did just a few short days later on TV for Jon Steeart's final Daily Show.

I've given this a lot thought, you know.

Someone needs to ask Messiah Marsh about this on his next radio show.

I think the 'Magic' hair (which wasn't magic at all, it was shit) *was* a hair transplant. He'd had one before The Rising tour I suspect. He may have had some additional transplants after that tour. On Magic he fell into the trap a lot of guys do when they start being able to grow hair again...in that they start to grow it. Too much. It doesn't look right. Hair transplants always better cut a bit shorter.

Certainly no hair piece since Reunion Tour. Look how proudly he emerged from that river in Night With The Jersey Devil. Couldn't do that with a wig.

Yes, his hair looks great now BUT I suspect it's embellished with hair fibres. These are very fine fibres that cover up thinning patches. They are used on every from Strictly Come Dancing to various movies etc. If you look at the video of him playing at the private party at The Wonder Bar with Patti's brother his hair looks nowhere near as luxuriant as it did just a few short days later on TV for Jon Steeart's final Daily Show.

I've given this a lot thought, you know.

Someone needs to ask Messiah Marsh about this on his next radio show.

Now there's a guy who's not wigging out. A face only a mother could love.

I think the Bruce hair topic has been done many times and we all know the score there.

Instead and more pressing is Garry Tallent and his hair.

He somehow went from this in 2012:

1280px_Gerry_W_Tallent.jpg

to this in 2014:

484026933-inductee-garry-tallent-of-the-

:mellow:

bruce would comb his sweat soaked hair during reunion which would not have done had he had plugs or a toupee on the top. it would have immediately sticked up which didnt happen. he had it fluffed so it seemed fuller. you take your hand and fluff it so it looks full. later he may have took some measures but he was still cool to during reunion.

fluff it an pull upwards like dylan. dylan got bald spots but he fluffs upwards so you dont see. trump also pulls his hair. only peeps with peanut heads have the sweat accumulate on top otherwise gravity makes it pour towards the sides which we see on the video evidence.

The Rising's wasn't too successful, he was still using the strange hair weave/wrap thing, and offstage, almost all public appearances came with a baseball cap.

you can see his flat top on the video with fluff like trump. bruce issue was the front not the top

Not true pal. From early 90s he was losing it on top. Could be seen during the 92-93 tout and was very evident during Joad.

he covered up the top succesfully with skillful fluff. there wasnt nothing to fluff in the front.

besides it aint no crime to get good hair if you got the moola. as long as it dont look ridiculous like back in the day.

you look at bruce today and you think he has his original hair. nowadays they make it look like you were born with it.

Archived