Greasy Lake Community

The Welsh Springsteen

Growin' Up

The above video just needs another 110,966,736 views to catch up with the new Adele song.

How insane is that? Every time I log onto YouTube lately I'm greeted with her video (which I've not watched, I just imagine her singing Lionel Richie) and see how it's been viewed another 10 or 20 million times that day. Seriously???

Going to see him tonight for the first time.

I've always had him in the background of people to see one day and thanks to this thread I checked out his tour dates and found one quite close.

Love the venue so hoping for a good show

You'll have a great time.

Seen him twice - once in Norwich and the other in Hasselt. Surprisingly, the audience was larger in the latter.

Will probably see him in Shrewsbury in the new year - he's got quite a few dates over the next few months.

Going to see him tonight for the first time.

I've always had him in the background of people to see one day and thanks to this thread I checked out his tour dates and found one quite close.

Love the venue so hoping for a good show

You should listen to Tires Rushing By In The Rain - if you haven't already! Brilliant interpretations of Bruce songs. I was lucky enough to see the show where he performed the whole album - it really was an emotional night.

• Like 2

I had a great time last night and was really impressed with both him as a person and his music.

The place was filled with long time fans who seemed to know every word and he kept referring to how much he liked being there (maybe he says that at every venue).

I have been aware of Tires Rushing By In The Rain but have avoided it as I'm not a great fan of Bruce cover versions in general. However after hearing a great rendition of One Step Up last night I am changing my opinion and will certainly give it a listen.

The place was filled with long time fans who seemed to know every word and he kept referring to how much he liked being there (maybe he says that at every venue).

Southampton?

I think The Brook really is a favourite of his, he even recoded a live DVD/CD there.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/official-bootleg-vol.-2-live/id955687715

Yes, The Brook. This is a great venue - I will check out the live DVD

A lot of artists love The Brook, including Nils who has played there several times in the past. He has not included it in his last couple of tours but I suspect this may be due to the business machine that is Mrs L. With ticket prices around the £10-£20 mark I guess she decided that this wouldn't add much to the retirement pot and her husband was worthy of better things :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

Had a lovely night - Martyn in fine voice and the setting was all twinkly ^_^ I love Lonely Like America (with Dancing in the Dark mixed in). Land of Hope and Dreams too. But his own songs are just as great.

So nice to see cabby and his very own Mary. Good luck, Ian, with your ticket search today.

• Like 1

I picked up the following flier at Saturday's show for a House Concert next June. It seems this guy in Leeds holds concerts in his shed! For a £12.50 donation to Martyn I've had my seat confirmed with a promise that the address will be emailed to me a few days before the show. Looking at the website, Martyn appears to be by far the biggest artist booked so far.

martinjosephflie.jpeg

Had a lovely night - Martyn in fine voice and the setting was all twinkly ^_^ I love Lonely Like America (with Dancing in the Dark mixed in). Land of Hope and Dreams too. But his own songs are just as great.

Can't see you!

12311100_10153384476520369_1072880940244