Greasy Lake Community

R.I.P. Jonah Lomu

SteveJhb

So saddened to hear the news of his passing this morning. A true great of the sports world and gone far too young. He leaves a wife and two young boys.

I still hear stories from people who were at the 1995 RWC about the excitement and awe of seeing this giant on the field. A gentle giant off the field it would seem, and much admired and loved by the whole rugby fraternity I think.

R.I.P.

*Edit* Please could a moderator correct the topic heading on this to read Jonah Lomu, apologies for my poor spelling.

So saddened to hear the news of his passing this morning. A true great of the sports world and gone far too young. He leaves a wife and two young boys.

I still hear stories from people who were at the 1995 RWC about the excitement and awe of seeing this giant on the field. A gentle giant off the field it would seem, and much admired and loved by the whole rugby fraternity I think.

R.I.P.

*Edit* Please could a moderator correct the topic heading on this to read Jonah Lomu, apologies for my poor spelling.

thank you for posting Steve

I remember when he bust on to the international 7s scene and my south African friends said then he was a player to watch

very sad for his young family

RIP.

Even i know him!

Didnt another former All Black player die a couple of months ago?

Jerry Collins

a player from here in Porirua

he died in a car crash in France along with the Canadian mother of their very young baby (who survived the accident but received serous head injuries)

he had just gone to play for a french rugby club

when the all blacks brought the world cup home a few of the players took it up to the cemetery to spend some time with their mate

http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/74180554/The-stats-that-show-Jonah-Lomu-was-a-try-scoring-sensation

some footage of some of Lomu's magic even a non rugby fan would enjoy

Steve if you go into your opening post and go to edit I think that is where you find the option to change thread titles

( I once spelled Springsteen incorrectly )

DJ I tried... I can edit that post but not the actual thread heading, from what I can see.

Don't worry Steve

I don't think Lomu would be offended

besides the mods are too busy deleting harmless threats

The entire front page of thr dominion post seems to be dedicated to Lomu today

RIP Jonah. Had the honour of seeing you play at Eden Park for The Blues abd saw you score your first test try at Eden Park when the All Blacks played Australia.

I remember being in Takapuna, Auckland 1995 before The All Blacks left to go to France. You were the first to arrive at Takapuna rugby club and talked to us, signed autographs etc.

I rememberyou and waiting in line at McDonalds at Manukau shopping centre,we joked and laughed.

RIP Jonah. Show God why rugby is the game of h

Heaven. And enjoy having laughs with Jerry and Norm

I'm just watching the late news

according to ex all black coach John Heart, the prime minister got a message from the Queen to convay her sympathy to the family

I've never heard of that before

R.I.P.

Done.

R.I.P.

Done.

Thank you Your Honour. :)

That's a US newspaper right ?

a bit of NZ made the news in a part of the world where rugby doesn't matter

today it's been said he probably suffered a blood clod on the lug from that long haul flight home from the world cup in England

Yes it is US based. I had never heard of the man until I was asked to change the thread title, then two days later his name appeared in this article. Obviously he was of major importance and influence and from the little I know of him through this article and you folks, seemed to have been a top guy all around. RIP.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived