The Cricket Thread

5 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

i don't like the idea of any more limited over formats

how can an over have 10 balls ?

its messing with the game for tv ratings ?

i much prefer test cricket 

22 20 has one the race for short form cricket, it was like the battle between VHS/Betamax and video 2000.  England should fall in line with the rest of the world.

The length of an over in cricket has not always been fixed at 6 balls, it has been 4,5 and 8 balls.  to reduce time wasted between overs I would have played 15x 8 ball overs.

• Like 1
  • Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some sad news today Former England captain Bob Willis has passed away. RIP

Once again englandshire get across the line with help from match officials, Stokes was plumb lbw and it was incedibly never given, Aussies must of course look at their own error in using their last re

Posted Images

On 7/6/2019 at 10:11 PM, Kent Guitar said:

Ouch.

Saffers too good today.

Brilliant game, both innings. Was on the edge of my seat.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, balboa08 said:

With New Zealand winning the toss and batting first, is it advantage NZ?

7/1 already

i don't understand batting first ?

good luck btw

41 minutes ago, balboa08 said:

With New Zealand winning the toss and batting first, is it advantage NZ?

IMO, yes. The pitches on this Cup have proven hard to chase on. 

1 minute ago, Daisey Jeep said:

7/1 already

i don't understand batting first ?

good luck btw

Good luck to you too :) As the tournament has progressed, the teams batting first have won more matches. Feel it's got to do more with pressure than the pitch itself. In a knock out game, you can add 20-30 runs scored by the team batting first due to the pressure of the score board. I will breathe a little easy once Williamson gets out.

• Like 3
Just now, balboa08 said:

Good luck to you too :) As the tournament has progressed, the teams batting first have won more matches. Feel it's got to do more with pressure than the pitch itself. In a knock out game, you can add 20-30 runs scored by the team batting first due to the pressure of the score board. I will breathe a little easy once Williamson gets out.

if you beat us you guys better win the final :)

No offence intended, just copying a tweet from an Indian MP ,Sashi Tharoor

So rain drenches #OldTrafford! British rain is like the #Brexit process: it just goes on & on, & every time you think the sun might just break through, the mess starts all over again. How on earth did the English invent a game that requires eight hours of sunshine a day?

• Haha 1

I know in this competition it's been a case of if you win the toss you bat & you've got a pretty good chance of winning the game but winning the toss & batting at Manchester on an overcast morning with rain in the air was just a crazy decision by Williamson.It doesn't matter how much form Rohit is in,let Boult & co loose against India yesterday morning & NZ could have got an opener out early got Kohli in & given themselves a decent chance instead of basically throwing the game away in an instant,it's probably going to be similar today so India might not find it easy but NZ have got to finish their innings first thing when they should be trying to at least get to something defendable.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

india need to score over 7 runs an over to win with 20 overs remaining ....

Its all over... Pandya's wicket was the last hope. Unless MSD does something special... :) 

18 minutes ago, balboa08 said:

Its all over... Pandya's wicket was the last hope. Unless MSD does something special... :) 

i have always said the best thing about seeing Bruce in a stadium is everybody wins