The Cricket Thread

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some sad news today Former England captain Bob Willis has passed away. RIP

Once again englandshire get across the line with help from match officials, Stokes was plumb lbw and it was incedibly never given, Aussies must of course look at their own error in using their last re

Posted Images

I won't lie. Not the result I expected. I would have put money on an India/Australia final.

Well done to the Black Caps and well done India. Top class cricket throughout the tournament. Sometimes things just don't go your way on the day, I guess.

• Like 3

Well my morning prediction went well :unsure:,well done to NZ for that bowling performance that's what I thought might happen yesterday if they had bowled though how much India contributed to their own downfall I'm not sure.

I think tomorrow could go either way,I slightly favour Australia but a good few overs for any player could swing it,my eldest son is currently working in Brisbane so I hope he doesn't have to endure the Aussies winning.

• Like 1

i just hope who ever else makes the final is someone we can beat on the day

no matter what the outcome of the final we at least got there, but im not sure we actually deserved it more than India

3 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

i just hope who ever else makes the final is someone we can beat on the day

no matter what the outcome of the final we at least got there, but im not sure we actually deserved it more than India

The better team on the day won... India played good cricket for most of the tournament but at the crucial time had a terrible 30 minutes. Great fightbck from Jadeja and Dhoni. I know Dhoni is not the player he used to be but in a situation like yesterday wherein he had time to settle down and explode at the rightime, there is still no one better than him in India. Him coimg at no 7 was very strange as his presence in the middle might have helped Rishabh.  In case he hangs up his boots after this defeat, he will be sorely missed.He was not only the best finisher in limited overs cricket in our history, but also his calm demenaour on the field and dignity he brought to the game were an inspiration to many.

My money is on Australia to win but i will be rooting for the Kiwis...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, balboa08 said:

The better team on the day won... India played good cricket for most of the tournament but at the crucial time had a terrible 30 minutes. Great fightbck from Jadeja and Dhoni. I know Dhoni is not the player he used to be but in a situation like yesterday wherein he had time to settle down and explode at the rightime, there is still no one better than him in India. Him coimg at no 7 was very strange as his presence in the middle might have helped Rishabh.  In case he hangs up his boots after this defeat, he will be sorely missed.He was not only the best finisher in limited overs cricket in our history, but also his calm demenaour on the field and dignity he brought to the game were an inspiration to many.

My money is on Australia to win but i will be rooting for the Kiwis...

That's the thing,you can play good cricket for hours on end but just one bad spell can ruin it all,there were questions over the team selection,I think Shami would have bowled well on that wicket,it's a case of finding the right balance,I agree Dhoni might have guided Pant if he'd have batted six,when your team is 90-5 trying to smash it out the ground isn't the best move.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

You won therefore you deserve to be there.

Obviously, I hope England win but won't be downcast as I'd rather we were beaten by Australia/New Zealand than anyone else. Hopefully, it won't come to that. :)

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, bettertohaveloved said:

You won therefore you deserve to be there.

Obviously, I hope England win but won't be downcast as I'd rather we were beaten by Australia/New Zealand than anyone else. Hopefully, it won't come to that. :)

thank you Aunty 

oh my 

your changed your picture too

• Like 1

i almost forgot someone 

@Jimmy James its almost all over

while you've been watching the ladies run around after a round football NZ has by the grace of God made it to the finals of the cricket world cup

do you have a preference for us to play England or Australia in the final ?

21 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

i almost forgot someone 

@Jimmy James its almost all over

while you've been watching the ladies run around after a round football NZ has by the grace of God made it to the finals of the cricket world cup

do you have a preference for us to play England or Australia in the final ?

I could give a rat ass about Women's football or this damn cricket game, but i think wouldn't you want to play your arch-enemies of Australia?  

• Love Love Love! 1
1 minute ago, Jimmy James said:

I could give a rat ass about Women's football or this damn cricket game, but i think wouldn't you want to play your arch-enemies of Australia?  

well done ! 

you've earned your ticket to the final ;)

Good performance for England in the first 50 overs, but we've looked suspect chasing even modest totals, so all still up for grabs I think.

As the only game I've watched - Sri Lanka - I jinxed, I decided to watch Le Tour De France and then see how it was going. Seems to have gone OK..

Does any one realise that come Sunday, England will be the only country in the world to have won - 

Cricket World Cup

Rugby World Cup

Football World Cup

I guess that makes England the greatest sporting country in the history of civilisation - Just a thought

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1
2 minutes ago, Brown Eyed Boy said:

Don’t criticise what you can’t understand.

That is true. I have no idea how are what this sport is about. 

I only comment when Daisey drags me in here. 

Have a great day my brother. 

Well that was easier than most people expected,England actually win a semi final.

So new winners of the competition on Sunday.

I think the weather forecast is reasonable for the weekend.

It's amazing how NZ do so well considering they have a smaller population than Scotland yet they constantly churn out good players.

5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

That is true. I have no idea how are what this sport is about. 

I only comment when Daisey drags me in here. 

Have a great day my brother. 

your always welcome here Jimmy