The Cricket Thread

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some sad news today Former England captain Bob Willis has passed away. RIP

Once again englandshire get across the line with help from match officials, Stokes was plumb lbw and it was incedibly never given, Aussies must of course look at their own error in using their last re

Posted Images

My prediction for the final :)

New Zealand will win. Kane Williamson will be adjudged 'Player of the Series' as well as 'Man of the Match for the finals.

Hopefully it will be more accurate than my previous prediction of Australia winning

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

i feel it should be Australia vs NZ in the final

sorry @Kent Guitar and @Bosstralian

Can't speak for others, but I'd like to be an honorary New Zealander (at least for Sunday).

Given our ODI record for the last 18 months to 2 years, I must admit I wasn't necessarily even expecting semi final action much less the final. But still sucks losing to the old enemy

• Like 3

At least yesterday showed it isn't just bat first win the game.It was a good toss to win but the Aussies messed it up along with some good English bowling,looking at their batting line up made me think if we could get beyond the top 3 then we had got a good chance,Smith played a typical Smith innings but apart from Carey he had no real support.

I was surprised though how easy we chased it down,there were comments before the game that Starc didn't seem quite right.

Sunday again could go either way,I think Lords doesn't do England any favours as it's less of a home ground than say Edgbaston because of it being very traditional there so you have less vocal support.

• Like 1
On 7/3/2019 at 6:21 AM, Kent Guitar said:

What would give you more pleasure Doc?

England not making the Semifinals, or England making the Final and losing in either a close or humiliating manner?

Dream On. Nobody likes to get taken apart with the eyes of the world upon them. I can only imagine the hurt & humiliation you must be going through. But never mind you will get over it provided you can come up with another way of sneaking sandpaper into your pockets without getting caught.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Bosstralian said:

Can't speak for others, but I'd like to be an honorary New Zealander (at least for Sunday).

Given our ODI record for the last 18 months to 2 years, I must admit I wasn't necessarily even expecting semi final action much less the final. But still sucks losing to the old enemy

here you gonew-zealand-sterling-silver-fern-brooch-1.thumb.jpg.ab69b6d12b73cee525f84062b900ef35.jpg

doesn't matter what shit goes down between us - thats just family stuff

but when the shit hits the fan its the Anzacs vs the world

or in this case England 

thanks for your support

ill put extra beer in the fridge

• Like 2

Oh Daisey, Daisey you and your fellow countrymen are needed more than ever NOW.

You are the only ones left who can save the Universe.

Last weekend they were (almost) silenced, this week,for a change, they did not end up as the worst of the semi finalists, and already the chest thumping and media frenzy has reached mega decibel levels, you asked for the support of the world Daisey make no mistake you WILL have the support of the majority of the world and you can save us from this potentially fatal earache, go out there and play hard to win you can do it....

COME ON THE BLACK HATS

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
14 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Oh Daisey, Daisey you and your fellow countrymen are needed more than ever NOW.

You are the only ones left who can save the Universe.

Last weekend they were (almost) silenced, this week,for a change, they did not end up as the worst of the semi finalists, and already the chest thumping and media frenzy has reached mega decibel levels, you asked for the support of the world Daisey make no mistake you WILL have the support of the majority of the world and you can save us from this potentially fatal earache, go out there and play hard to win you can do it....

COME ON THE BLACK HATS

Here you go Doc

one for you too

and thank you

new-zealand-sterling-silver-fern-brooch-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
15 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

That is true. I have no idea how are what this sport is about. 

I only comment when Daisey drags me in here. 

Have a great day my brother. 

Cricket is a great game Jimmy.

Its the only game where I can show you my googlies without being arrested.

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

i feel it should be Australia vs NZ in the final

sorry @Kent Guitar and @Bosstralian

Australia can’t treat ODI cricket like rubbish for 3 1/2 years and expect to win every World Cup.

Looking forward to my favourite batsman The Freckled Dravid (Kane Williamson) lifting the cup on Monday Morning.

• Like 2
Just now, Kent Guitar said:

I um wuth you cuz.

just so everyone knows i don't do craft beer 

and here's one for you too :)new-zealand-sterling-silver-fern-brooch-1.thumb.jpg.1d83afec8f21ebd12f78b5795fabec67.jpg

0008681_speights-swappa-crate-12x745ml.jpeg

T0pQ1Zg.jpg

• Love Love Love! 1
2 hours ago, TupacThePuma said:

Dream On. Nobody likes to get taken apart with the eyes of the world upon them. I can only imagine the hurt & humiliation you must be going through. But never mind you will get over it provided you can come up with another way of sneaking sandpaper into your pockets without getting caught.

I am enjoying the World Cup Tupac. I hope you are enjoying it too. 

Not sure why anyone would feel humiliated watching such a fun and interesting event.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Kent Guitar said:

I am enjoying the World Cup Tupac. I hope you are enjoying it too. 

Not sure why anyone would feel humiliated watching such a fun and interesting event.

Sorry - I thought you were an Aussie & rise to the bait. Glad you're enjoying it though. I expect not as much as me

32 minutes ago, Kent Guitar said:

Cricket is a great game Jimmy.

Its the only game where I can show you my googlies without being arrested.

.... while bowling maidens....

....using exquisite wrist and finger spin... :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

.... while bowling maidens....

....using exquisite wrist and finger spin... :o

Truth be known Boss I spent a bit of time at fine leg and in the gully but rarely in the covers.

I was locally renowned for my swingers and seamers and occasionally gave them a sniff with a bit of chin music.

I think I will leave it there.

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, MagicRatAFC said:

How did you use your full toss?

Mr Rat you want one of these?

new-zealand-sterling-silver-fern-brooch-1.thumb.jpg.c5a9df01a4c54054e6a2554496bab947.jpgill have to find something for the Scots people to drink ....

• Like 1

i tell you fellas its hard work following a match by reading it on a news feed

i was hoping a miricle would happen and it would screen free to air

Wimbledon is available on the state broadcaster but not our national summer game :(

2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Mr Rat you want one of these?

new-zealand-sterling-silver-fern-brooch-1.thumb.jpg.c5a9df01a4c54054e6a2554496bab947.jpgill have to find something for the Scots people to drink ....

I'll certainly be in your camp Daisey (notwithstanding I don't actually know when the final is).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1