Mark V

The Cricket Thread

8 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Post when they are winning, you only post when they are winning. La, la la, la la.

How old are you? :D

Im saking our entire team and starting again

11 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Im saking our entire team and starting again

Can we swop you Root for Williamson?

I read on BBC text yesterday that the Barmy Army were having a collection at the South Africa game to help 3 different charities in Australia dealing with the fallout from the bushfires.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, High As Hope said:

Can we swop you Root for Williamson?

I read on BBC text yesterday that the Barmy Army were having a collection at the South Africa game to help 3 different charities in Australia dealing with the fallout from the bushfires.

So long as you dont try to off load Russel Crowe 

That's a very descent thing for the English fans to do

Rubbish day here

Ill  put the black caps out for recycling 

Looked like it was going to be a draw when we needed 5 wickets in the final session but Stokes to the rescue again aided by some good catching.

• Like 2

Our favourite player in the Big Bash has been suspended from bowling for 90 days for having an illegal action.

Chucking!

On 1/14/2020 at 7:37 PM, Kent Guitar said:

Our favourite player in the Big Bash has been suspended from bowling for 90 days for having an illegal action.

Chucking!

Do you think he chucks the ball ?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Do you think he chucks the ball ?

He failed the laboratory testing by a small amount. He’s the guy who does the school visits reading to the primary school kiddies. He’s the home grown boy who everyone has seen develop from a rookie to a valued member of the team, without having a state contract. He gets the biggest cheer when announced no matter who is playing.

Some people I know packing the different equipment from me also tell me that he places in the Good Lookin’ Rooster department.

CAB6A438-29C4-44A5-933B-B8C478B50A1C.jpeg

86F7EB5B-D420-40C6-9F87-EF1AB83AF40F.jpeg

02999052-7522-4871-965C-DEB5FDA31BC7.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kent Guitar said:

He failed the laboratory testing by a small amount. He’s the guy who does the school visits reading to the primary school kiddies. He’s the home grown boy who everyone has seen develop from a rookie to a valued member of the team, without having a state contract. He gets the biggest cheer when announced no matter who is playing.

Some people I know packing the different equipment from me also tell me that he places in the Good Lookin’ Rooster department.

CAB6A438-29C4-44A5-933B-B8C478B50A1C.jpeg

86F7EB5B-D420-40C6-9F87-EF1AB83AF40F.jpeg

02999052-7522-4871-965C-DEB5FDA31BC7.jpeg

He looks about 12 years old ! :o

England bat for a whole day in a test match :o

In an area that is suffering drought like conditions & water restrictions the start of the 2nd day is delayed due to rain.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

South Africa do their best to play like England & lose their last 4 wickets for one run in 23 balls.

England enforce the follow on,not a phrase heard much recently.

• Haha 1

Has NZ even won when faces with a stupor super over ? :angry:

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Has NZ even won when faces with a stupor super over ? :angry:

The match should not have even gone to a super over. After the first ball 6 of the last over and needing just 3 runs of 5 balls with Taylor and Williamson batting, feel the Kiwis lost it.

Also, with the current crop of players,especially Rohit Sharma, Devilliers, Andre Russel.. even with 10 needed of the last 2 balls, you always feel that there is a good chance

• Like 1

1 hour ago, balboa08 said:

The match should not have even gone to a super over. After the first ball 6 of the last over and needing just 3 runs of 5 balls with Taylor and Williamson batting, feel the Kiwis lost it.

Also, with the current crop of players,especially Rohit Sharma, Devilliers, Andre Russel.. even with 10 needed of the last 2 balls, you always feel that there is a good chance

Even the white ferns lost their match (baddly) to the lady Proteas :(

Happened again. It’s like when Bruce was singing about the Blackcaps in Saint in the City.

burst just like a superover”

• Haha 1

On 2/1/2020 at 9:36 PM, High As Hope said:

England Women beat Australia in super over after 20/20 tie.

Its an epidemic 

• Sad 1

I found some free to air cricket on the telly last night

The 20 20 between the NZ white ferns and South Africa

Ive never watched ladies cricket before and ive never watched much 20 20 but i thoroughly enjoyed it 

Also we won which helped

But the standard of the feilding from NZ was outstanding

Im looking forward to the next game 

Is it standard that the woman's game has smaller boundaries ? 

My dad loved cricket

At the end of our street was Culling park - the home of Albion the oldest cricket club in Australasia 

We could watch from our varander 

I love the sound of cricket 

Anyway i think my dad would have very much enjoyed thst 20 20 match last night 

10 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I found some free to air cricket on the telly last night

The 20 20 between the NZ white ferns and South Africa

Ive never watched ladies cricket before and ive never watched much 20 20 but i thoroughly enjoyed it 

Also we won which helped

But the standard of the feilding from NZ was outstanding

Im looking forward to the next game 

Is it standard that the woman's game has smaller boundaries ? 

My dad loved cricket

At the end of our street was Culling park - the home of Albion the oldest cricket club in Australasia 

We could watch from our varander 

I love the sound of cricket 

Anyway i think my dad would have very much enjoyed thst 20 20 match last night 

I would guess that if the Women's game has smaller boundaries it's due to the fact that physically a woman would struggle to smash a cricket ball the same distance as someone like Ben Stokes.

I've watched bits of Women's cricket & it is enjoyable though there is quite a gap between some countries which will hopefully close as the game develops.

England men lost against South Africa in a 50 over game yesterday though with not a first choice eleven,no Stokes,Buttler etc.

After not being selected for this tour England world cup winner Liam Plunkett is apparently considering switching to playing for the USA.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, High As Hope said:

I would guess that if the Women's game has smaller boundaries it's due to the fact that physically a woman would struggle to smash a cricket ball the same distance as someone like Ben Stokes.

I've watched bits of Women's cricket & it is enjoyable though there is quite a gap between some countries which will hopefully close as the game develops.

England men lost against South Africa in a 50 over game yesterday though with not a first choice eleven,no Stokes,Buttler etc.

After not being selected for this tour England world cup winner Liam Plunkett is apparently considering switching to playing for the USA.

The woman's game has been unrecognized for so long, im not surprised the minnos have some way to go

When i was at school we got the crap gear left over from the boys teams

Plunket for The USA ?

That seems a bit odd to me 

Im watching NZ vs India live free to air !! 

We are actually winning