The Cricket Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some sad news today Former England captain Bob Willis has passed away. RIP

Once again englandshire get across the line with help from match officials, Stokes was plumb lbw and it was incedibly never given, Aussies must of course look at their own error in using their last re

Posted Images

4 hours ago, High As Hope said:

Congratulations to Stuart Broad for his 500th test wicket & respect to the West Indies for coming here at such a difficult time & making the series possible.

I am just watching that on the late news

Well done indeed

On 7/21/2020 at 12:27 PM, stevie54uk said:

Denis Lillee in mind is the greatest pace bowler there has ever been . Always found a way to take wickets

in the top 5, but id rank McGrath ahead of him, and Marshall, and Ambrose

OK, all know I have no idea what Cricket is all about, and only reason stopped in is because I seen The Chicken Man post, and I was hoping he wasn't taking a run at Daisey, because then we would have real problems. :P

What the fuck is a "Pace Bowler"? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

OK, all know I have no idea what Cricket is all about, and only reason stopped in is because I seen The Chicken Man post, and I was hoping he wasn't taking a run at Daisey, because then we would have real problems. :P

explaining cricket to someone across the pond is beyond my capability im afraid, its taken me years to understand NFL,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
37 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

explaining cricket to someone across the pond is beyond my capability im afraid, its taken me years to understand NFL,

But you didn't answer my question. 

16 hours ago, The Chicken Man said:

Sunil Gavaskar always rated Andy Roberts as the best bowler he had faced. Was little young when Lillie and Thommo were in their prime and moreover we did not TV back in the 70's in Bangalore but back then i guess bowlers could intimidate the batsmen as protective equipment was not what it is today and moreover the pitches were uncovered.There were no bouncer limitations as well. Amongst the quicks that i have seen i would rate Wasim Akram the best and amongst the current crop it would have to be Dale Steyn. 

16 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Cricket is easy,one team is in & one team is out,then when the team that's in is out the team that's out is in though sometimes the team that's in aren't all out but they declare so the team that's out is then in,now you know what a pace bowler is just get to know your silly mid off from your short leg,your googly from your flipper & you'll be fine,just watch out for the ball being hit over cow corner,sometimes a test match can be a draw after they've played for 5 days,lunch & tea are very important.

There are also super overs,Daisey loves to talk about those.

• Haha 2
On 7/30/2020 at 2:47 AM, Jimmy James said:

That's what I thought a Stiff Armed Pitcher that can throw speedball by you. 

Jimmy they are also allowed to stiff arm pitch it at you. There is no hit by pitch. You get hit, you keep batting.

On 7/30/2020 at 12:09 AM, The Chicken Man said:

I have seen all of those and faced Marshall and McGrath. I have Dennis Lillee as my number 1.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Kent Guitar said:

I have seen all of those and faced Marshall and McGrath. I have Dennis Lillee as my number 1.

agree with the Denis Lillee,and Thommo was pretty good to but suffered a bit from some calling him a chucker .you probably wont like this but this is on I player at minute, featuring a possessed  Bob Willis

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b012rgbd/botham-the-legend-of-81

11 hours ago, Kent Guitar said:

I've faced Malcolm Marshall too. He was drinking a rum & orange if I recall correctly (possibly brandy). I was ordering a pint, not of rum. 

• Haha 2

A great win by Ireland chasing down 329 to win,hitting the winning run off the penultimate ball to win by 7 wickets which considering in the first two games they were 28-5 & 44-4 not many would have given them a chance yesterday.England though as per usual were architects of their own downfall,they were looking good for 400 when Morgan was in but then had a mid innings collapse & followed it up with some poor bowling,whilst not at full strength due to no test players being involved it was still a decent side that should have done better,though Morgan not being able to captain the side in the field due to injuring himself while batting didn't help.

• Like 1

Initially i was really disappointed

The govt was going to let them all in no problem 

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/cricket-world-cup/300077375/womens-cricket-world-cup-in-new-zealand-postponed-until-2022

But then it was pointed out that players from the West Indies cannot train together as they live in different countries

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Initially i was really disappointed

The govt was going to let them all in no problem 

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/cricket-world-cup/300077375/womens-cricket-world-cup-in-new-zealand-postponed-until-2022

But then it was pointed out that players from the West Indies cannot train together as they live in different countries

Which is interesting given that the mens team will have all been training together while playing England,though I guess having a bio bubble with a world cup is not so easy.

Meanwhile England v Pakistan test is setting up for a good finish after England clawed themselves back into the game late yesterday.

17 minutes ago, High As Hope said:

Which is interesting given that the mens team will have all been training together while playing England,though I guess having a bio bubble with a world cup is not so easy.

Meanwhile England v Pakistan test is setting up for a good finish after England clawed themselves back into the game late yesterday.

Evidently there has been no international women's cricket sinve the T20 world cup final

1 hour ago, High As Hope said:

A great game & a very good win for England against Pakistan,chasing 277 England looked out of it at 117-5 before Buttler & Woakes put on over 100 together,Woakes playing the best innings of his England career hitting the winnings runs in a nervy finish.

Fantastic match. A triumph for England, but more importantly, for test cricket.

• Like 1