The Cricket Thread

MS.Dhoni announced his retirement from international cricket last week. Probably the most popular cricketer besides Tendulkar in our cricket crazy country,Dhoni apart from being the one of the best finishers in the game brought in much needed calmness and dignity on the field.

• Like 2
  • Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some sad news today Former England captain Bob Willis has passed away. RIP

Once again englandshire get across the line with help from match officials, Stokes was plumb lbw and it was incedibly never given, Aussies must of course look at their own error in using their last re

Posted Images

hoping this is available in the US for @Jimmy James - its only an hour program - that's less than a soccer match;) 

@JimCT you might also enjoy it if it's available

http://Seen "Beyond the Boundary: ICC Women's T20 World Cup Australia 2020" on Netflix yet? https://www.netflix.com/title/81317287?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=more

Screenshot_20200825-184858.png

just to remind you what NZ look like

New-Zealand-Women-T20-WC.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, High As Hope said:

A great Eng v Aus 20/20 last night as Australia somehow managed to lose the game by 2 runs after only needing 39 from 38 balls with 9 wickets in hand.

Fantastic finish, well played England.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, High As Hope said:

There has actually been an England game on free to air for the first time in however long.

That sucks

Tv rights to subscription tv It might be paying the bills and padding some fat but its not growing the game 

Its already a sport that needs exspensive equipment in an enviroment where some families can't afford for girls to even play netball - a sport that only requires a uniform and a ball 

On 9/11/2020 at 8:22 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

That sucks

Tv rights to subscription tv It might be paying the bills and padding some fat but its not growing the game 

Its already a sport that needs exspensive equipment in an enviroment where some families can't afford for girls to even play netball - a sport that only requires a uniform and a ball 

Some great games people aren't seeing due to the lack of free to air matches which would encourage younger people to join the game like the 2005 ashes did,it would be interesting to see how not being on free to air has affected the game at grass roots level,though football is pretty much the same these days but has a wider audience to draw on & its popularity never seems to wane.

My eldest son played cricket from 11-16 so know how expensive it is for all the stuff,used to enjoy sitting watching on a summers evening,would have been good if he'd carried on with cricket but refereeing took over from playing sport.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, High As Hope said:

Some great games people aren't seeing due to the lack of free to air matches which would encourage younger people to join the game like the 2005 ashes did,it would be interesting to see how not being on free to air has affected the game at grass roots level,though football is pretty much the same these days but has a wider audience to draw on & its popularity never seems to wane.

My eldest son played cricket from 11-16 so know how expensive it is for all the stuff,used to enjoy sitting watching on a summers evening,would have been good if he'd carried on with cricket but refereeing took over from playing sport.

I grew up 3 doors up from the cricket ground of Albion - the oldest cricket club in Australasia. I just love the sound of it

I notice you said your son is now referring and not umpiring 

But i beleave all sports have a shortage of refs so still good for him 

20 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I grew up 3 doors up from the cricket ground of Albion - the oldest cricket club in Australasia. I just love the sound of it

I notice you said your son is now referring and not umpiring 

But i beleave all sports have a shortage of refs so still good for him 

When I was a child i used to visit an aunt on a Sunday afternoon with my parents,she was a cricket fan who used to have cricket on the TV when we visited so i used to be put in the front of the TV while they talked so I learnt the game from those visits.

My son still loves cricket & goes to watch England when he can but I don't think he ever considered umpiring,I think he realised in his early teens that being a ref would keep him in football where playing wouldn't + it was a good weekend job in his teens & one that he can take with him wherever he goes,as you say there's always a shortage.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, High As Hope said:

When I was a child i used to visit an aunt on a Sunday afternoon with my parents,she was a cricket fan who used to have cricket on the TV when we visited so i used to be put in the front of the TV while they talked so I learnt the game from those visits.

My son still loves cricket & goes to watch England when he can but I don't think he ever considered umpiring,I think he realised in his early teens that being a ref would keep him in football where playing wouldn't + it was a good weekend job in his teens & one that he can take with him wherever he goes,as you say there's always a shortage.

Good for him, he must be quite a clever lad - i think he's also quite brave

My dad grew up in a non cricketing family but he used to tell this story of walking home past a club cricket match when he was about 15 and he sat down to watch it and was hooked

Long live club and also school boy/ girl cricket - i hope school girls have better school supplied kit that when i played

On 9/17/2020 at 7:12 PM, High As Hope said:

Another great game to finish off the summer for the England mens game though as has been the story lately with games it was perhaps the case of one team losing it rather than the other team winning it as well as Maxwell & Carey played.

England women host West Indies in a one day series next week.

Looked really action packed game on the news  

Will the woman's  games get good coverage and support ?