Greasy Lake Community

The Cricket Thread

Mark V

2 hours ago, High As Hope said:

@Daisey Jeep forgot to mention NZ Women lost to England Women by 46 runs in 20/20 game on Thursday.

beleave me i did not forget

and even worse happened with  Bangladesh

England/India would be finely balanced if it wasn't England to bat next!

India must fancy themselves to be able to bat for at least a couple of hours on Sunday and still leave enough time to have a decent chance of getting England out without the total being in danger.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bdw said:

England/India would be finely balanced if it wasn't England to bat next!

India must fancy themselves to be able to bat for at least a couple of hours on Sunday and still leave enough time to have a decent chance of getting England out without the total being in danger.

The game certainly changed yesterday,India in control now,as long as they don't collapse this morning they're going to set England over 300.

20 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

beleave me i did not forget

and even worse happened with  Bangladesh

Well series level at 1-1 after NZ won by 3 wickets last night,if England had got another 10 runs it would have been interesting,after Devine was out for 50 there was a wobble towards the end by NZ.

Deciding game on Thursday.

Yes I saw the Bangladesh result.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, High As Hope said:

Well series level at 1-1 after NZ won by 3 wickets last night,if England had got another 10 runs it would have been interesting,after Devine was out for 50 there was a wobble towards the end by NZ.

Deciding game on Thursday.

Yes I saw the Bangladesh result.

ok so we'll invite @Jimmy James to the ladies game then 

7 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Do the ladies wear bikinis?

back in the day they used to wear culottes 

but now days they just dress like the men

in recent times i just dont get men's teams wearing pink - it must show up on tv better ???

As England crumble, there's a chance for Scotland to get something out of what has been a miserable week for them - two poor footballing performances and Nicola Sturgeon betraying her base by having to pretend to not be anti-English!

On 9/4/2021 at 8:53 AM, dr winston oboogie said:

Need a huge batting performance from Virat today and tomorrow.

When the chips were down once again Virat you and your fantastic team delivered, as lily livered ingurlund once again capitulated without even a whimper, without doubt you are in prime position for Scotland Sports Personality of the Year 2021. It was very evident that you found this one especially sweet, as after the first day all of inglurlundshire were right up their own arses and once more were the greatest thing since sliced bread, I could feel and shared your euphoria and utter joy, and of course you carried on a great tradition by taking the goalposts home with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjJe4MR9iDc

Did not expect the end when England was 100 for no loss.Bumrah might have ended with just 2 wickets but his spell when he picked up those wickets was brilliant. 

Kohli is not one to change a winning team, so Ashwin will miss out on the final test as well. Yadav, Jadeja and Thakur all did enough to get picked again even if Shami and Ishanth are available. 

Rahane needs a break. It's just not that he is not scoring but also looks completely out of place. For most parts this was the best pitch for him  to get into some sort of form. Agarwal or Surya kumar both are better alternatives. 

• Like 2

The 5th test will start today. There was some concern that it might get called off as more support staff from India had tested positive. Fortunately all the players tested negative yesterday. 

Astonishingly, given that England v India is being held in Manchester in the autumn, the weather forecast isn't for a total washout. Play should be possible every day but it will be grey and miserable throughout.

Is there something fishy going on here? Only a few hours ago, it was all on as there had been no further positive tests.

Maybe they want to get out of UK pronto - if any players did test positive they might have to isolate and couldn't go back to play in IPL. 

6 minutes ago, bdw said:

Is there something fishy going on here? Only a few hours ago, it was all on as there had been no further positive tests.

Maybe they want to get out of UK pronto - if any players did test positive they might have to isolate and couldn't go back to play in IPL. 

image.thumb.png.b7df0226e53dffb67cd757a9b557ea67.png

apparently there is a dispute re the result of the test, the ECB are claiming a walkover and India are claiming it as a cancelled test, it is down to the match referee, Chris Broad to decide the result.

from cricinfo

"It is understood that the ECB are still pushing hard for this match to be considered a "forfeiture" - ie, India declining to play - because they fear that their insurance payments for the match may not apply if it is considered a bilateral "cancellation", especially given that India's squad returned a full round of negative tests on Thursday, so it is not a straightforward Covid cancellation."