Greasy Lake Community

The Cricket Thread

Hope the final outcome is not decided by rain. I know guys who have paid exorbitant amounts to see   the India Pakistan match in the ground this Sunday and if it rains they would be real pissed. Lots of parties/events planned around this match. For many in India and am sure it would be the same in Pakistan, this is like the most important match of the tournament. Little dumb but thats just the way it is

• Like 1
  • Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some sad news today Former England captain Bob Willis has passed away. RIP

Once again englandshire get across the line with help from match officials, Stokes was plumb lbw and it was incedibly never given, Aussies must of course look at their own error in using their last re

Posted Images

12 hours ago, balboa08 said:

Hope the final outcome is not decided by rain. I know guys who have paid exorbitant amounts to see   the India Pakistan match in the ground this Sunday and if it rains they would be real pissed. Lots of parties/events planned around this match. For many in India and am sure it would be the same in Pakistan, this is like the most important match of the tournament. Little dumb but thats just the way it is

good luck with the wheather Gods

The semis & the final have reserve days in case of rain but the group games don't,too complicated to organise say the powers that be.

At the moment it's just luck as to where in the country games are being played as to what the weather is like,it's hardly stopped raining here for the last 4 days,there's flooding in some parts yet Australia v Pakistan went ahead ok on weds.

Part of the problem yesterday was that even if had stopped raining long enough,there were muddy areas on the outfield that wouldn't have made it safe to play.

• Sad 1
On 6/11/2019 at 11:27 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

well at least South Africa have a point  on the board now.

If we lose to Afghanistan today we deserve to go home with our tails between our legs.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

So I followed both of yesterday’s games on the ICC app. Of course I’m glad that we won, it wasn’t a big score to chase, obviously, but I can’t help but feel a bit sad for Afghanistan. They are the only team not to have a single point. Almost all the other teams have been given at least one extra point just because of bad weather. 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

So I followed both of yesterday’s games on the ICC app. Of course I’m glad that we won, it wasn’t a big score to chase, obviously, but I can’t help but feel a bit sad for Afghanistan. They are the only team not to have a single point. Almost all the other teams have been given at least one extra point just because of bad weather. 

i know

i thought that too

• Like 1
3 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

england won their match yesterday, mainly due to a fantastic innings by their IRISH skipper 148 in 71 balls which included an incredible 17 sixes.

That would be the Sydney Thunder’s Eoin Morgan.

• Like 1
On 6/19/2019 at 11:01 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

NZ vs RSA tonight

good luck @SteveJhb

Thanks DJ. And well done, the best team won. It wasn’t a walk over, at least. 

Really looking forward to your game against the Windies tomorrow. I confess I love that team. 

I got to see the Bangladesh batting against Australia last night. Got to admit it was brilliant. Mushfiquar was superb. Thrilled for him to get that century. 

And tonight... wow. Did not expect that upset. But old Chucky from Sri Lanka did what he does best I guess. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, SteveJhb said:

Carlos Braithwaite. I have no words...

its like how if you think back to the origins of pajama cricket and Kerry Packer this is exactly how a game should end (no disrespect to the windies) right down to the wire 

13 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

oh dear

RSA packing their bags 

They were shit.  Just no cohesion or plan.

If I was brutally honest I was more disappointed in the Windies losing to you guys Saturday. After that incredible innings by Brathwaite, I so wanted them to take the win. It was so damn close.

• Sad 1
5 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Go Aussie Go

as in all sports involving the mother country i always want a southern hemispher team to win

@SteveJhb at the World Cup there are 12 players who happened to have played for the BBL t20 team we follow.

Everytime they do something good I claim them even if they only played a couple of games many years ago.

The players are Aus  - Cummins, Khawaja, Zampa, Warner.  Eng - Butler, Root, Morgan, Vince.  W.I. - Russel, Brathwaite, Gayle.  N.Z.  Nichols

Though is the most recent season it was Cummins, Khawaja, Butler & Root. Cummins is related to my mate.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Kent Guitar said:

@SteveJhb at the World Cup there are 12 players who happened to have played for the BBL t20 team we follow.

Everytime they do something good I claim them even if they only played a couple of games many years ago.

The players are Aus  - Cummins, Khawaja, Zampa, Warner.  Eng - Butler, Root, Morgan, Vince.  W.I. - Russel, Brathwaite, Gayle.  N.Z.  Nichols

Though is the most recent season it was Cummins, Khawaja, Butler & Root. Cummins is related to my mate.

Clear, thanks squire.

Are you watching the game right now?