The Cricket Thread

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some sad news today Former England captain Bob Willis has passed away. RIP

Once again englandshire get across the line with help from match officials, Stokes was plumb lbw and it was incedibly never given, Aussies must of course look at their own error in using their last re

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Kent Guitar said:

Of course. It would be unpatriotic not to. It’s only just past midnight.

You're pounding the English into the ground. Yikes.

• Like 1

im having to read it 

like in the old days and it came over the wire probably in morse code and a commentator in the studio read it out

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

im having to read it 

like in the old days and it came over the wire probably in morse code and a commentator in the studio read it out

DJ there is a really cool official ICC app which is not video or audio but gives you a really cool ball by ball play of the game.

• Thanks 1

Incredible watching "the experts" after the match, one english guy was going through the teams man by man, and everyone he came to he said that the english player was better the his opposite number in the Aussie team....they has just humped you mate, their arrogance knows no bounds.

COME ON INDIA....

• Like 2
5 hours ago, SteveJhb said:

Australia/India Final you reckon?

Very difficult to seperate NZ,Aussies and India all are capable of winning it on their day, and Sri Lanka are a good outside bet.

As I have said before I think Indai will win it, just, and I am a huge fan of Virat Kohli.

ps I will not be too disappointed if Aussies or NZ win it.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Very difficult to seperate NZ,Aussies and India all are capable of winning it on their day, and Sri Lanka are a good outside bet.

As I have said before I think Indai will win it, just, and I am a huge fan of Virat Kohli.

Sounds about right I think.

I was very impressed with Australia's fielding against England. Hard to fault.

I was a bit disappointed at the nastiness NZ displayed against the Windies. I expect more from them. I certainly don't think that stuff would have happened with Vettori as skipper. But I am also very fond of the Windies so I take it a bit too personally I guess.

I like the English side, but just an observation, how shit must it be to walk into that hallowed building at Lords after being bowled out for a duck? Not a clap, nothing... Yikes.

• Like 1
On 6/7/2019 at 10:08 PM, Kent Guitar said:

I have concerns for England. I am not sure they have beaten top teams at full strength.

They also don’t seem to have players who have won big tournaments. None have one a World Cup or World T20. Not sure about the champions trophy. Also not many Ashes winners.

With the wickets being benign, I think it means wicket taking bowling is currency. England are not strong in this regard. Australia have won 4 of the past 5 world cups. Each of those 4 have been because they have had the most potent bowling attack. It is always about taking wickets.

I predict an India vs Australia final. They have the most penetrative bowling attacks. They also have players who have shown the class under pressure to win world cups.

I know Australia don’t give a rats arse about One Day Internationals between World Cups. They rest their players and only play their strongest team at the World Cup. England have never won an ODI when Warner, Finch, Smith, Maxwell, Cummins & Starc have been against them. England have not beaten Australia in England when Starc and Cummins have played against them in 3 attempts. 

Unfortunately England folded against Pakistan against Wahab Riaz who hadn’t taken an international ODI wicket for two years. On that basis Bumrah, Shami, Starc and Cummins should send shivers through your spine. I know Michael Vaughan is petrified.

Could be wrong. Just how I see it. England might make the semis, though they didn’t last time they played it at home. But it would be good for England to win it once. It would keep it interesting. World Cups have become a bit predictable.

On 6/26/2019 at 4:14 PM, SteveJhb said:

Australia/India Final you reckon?

On 6/26/2019 at 9:30 PM, dr winston oboogie said:

My thoughts haven't changed. India are favourites just ahead of Australia. I just think those sides can stare down the opposition when it gets tight. I worry about the class under pressure of New Zealand, Pakistan and England. Just not quite as good.

But make those semis and anything can happen. Whoever wins will need to beat India. The toss will be important. Win the toss and bat. My team need to improve on this. Finchy has won only one out of seven. 

• Like 2

i am little worried about India's middle order especially with Shikar Dhawan ruled out and Rahul having to open. This exposes the middle order if Rohit Sharma and Kohli were to get out early  the batting looks brittle. Both Jadhav and Shankar should not figure in the playing 11. In fact i would go on to say that this is the weakest Indian middle order that has gone to a world cup in a long long time. Its the bowling that is really helping our cause besides of course Sharma and Kohli. Kohli has to play Rishabh Pant who brings in that X factor to the game and he is too talented to be kept out, and bring back Bhuwaneshwar.

Did any of you watch yesterday's match between India and WI. Sharma's dismissal was strange. He may have nicked but the speed at which the third umpire Gough ruled him out overturning the on field umpire's call when there was more than an element of doubt was weird.

2 hours ago, balboa08 said:

i am little worried about India's middle order especially with Shikar Dhawan ruled out and Rahul having to open. This exposes the middle order if Rohit Sharma and Kohli were to get out early  the batting looks brittle. Both Jadhav and Shankar should not figure in the playing 11. In fact i would go on to say that this is the weakest Indian middle order that has gone to a world cup in a long long time. Its the bowling that is really helping our cause besides of course Sharma and Kohli. Kohli has to play Rishabh Pant who brings in that X factor to the game and he is too talented to be kept out, and bring back Bhuwaneshwar.

Did any of you watch yesterday's match between India and WI. Sharma's dismissal was strange. He may have nicked but the speed at which the third umpire Gough ruled him out overturning the on field umpire's call when there was more than an element of doubt was weird.

On field decision was not out,unless there is clear evidence then that decision should not be overturned.The ball hit either the bat or pad but it wasn't clear which it was.

India bowled very well though the West Indies were pretty awful.

The lack of thought from some players in this competition is very strange,Kohli,Root,Williamson,Smith get scores without trying to smash every ball out of the ground,it's 50 overs not 20,you've got time to build an innings.

50 minutes ago, High As Hope said:

On field decision was not out,unless there is clear evidence then that decision should not be overturned.The ball hit either the bat or pad but it wasn't clear which it was.

India bowled very well though the West Indies were pretty awful.

The lack of thought from some players in this competition is very strange,Kohli,Root,Williamson,Smith get scores without trying to smash every ball out of the ground,it's 50 overs not 20,you've got time to build an innings.

Guess too much of 20-20 these days and a lot of batsmen have forgotten the art of biding your time.

Agree on the point there was nothing to prove conclusively that Rohit was out for the third umpire to overturn the on field umpire.

Talking about stange co-incidences, the similarities between 1992 and 2019 as far as Pakistan is concerned is a bit uncanny.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/icc-world-cup/the-uncanny-similarities-between-pakistans-1992-and-2019-world-cup-campaigns/articleshow/69957994.cms

Australia New Zealand this arvie. Looking forward to that one. 

Glad for SA that we won against Chucky and his team yesterday. Perhaps all the pressure was off and they just played...? Maybe Sri Lanka weren’t bothered? I don’t know. But happy for them. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Yes SA were well worth their win, pity Sri Lanka did not win though now going to be very difficult for them to get that fourth place.:(

You think they would have though? They are currently 7th on the table... like us, only 2 games won. The current top 4 have a minimum of 4 wins with Australia top on 6...

Pakistan eased into the last semi final place with their win yesterday....

COME ON INDIA PUT ANOTHER NAIL IN THAT COFFIN TODAY

and that would just leave NZ to do the business in their final group match....isn`t life grand.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Lots of fan violence at the Pakistan V Afghanistan match

strange that it didn't make the news, if it was football it would be news headlines

it made the news here

we know the problem isnt unique to your football  Roy :(

its very bad this happened in cricket  (or any sport)