The Cricket Thread

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some sad news today Former England captain Bob Willis has passed away. RIP

Once again englandshire get across the line with help from match officials, Stokes was plumb lbw and it was incedibly never given, Aussies must of course look at their own error in using their last re

Posted Images

2 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Pakistan eased into the last semi final place with their win yesterday....

COME ON INDIA PUT ANOTHER NAIL IN THAT COFFIN TODAY

and that would just leave NZ to do the business in their final group match....isn`t life grand.

But how close was it to Afghanistan beating them and winning their first game of the WC?

If not for the skipper choosing to bowl in the middle of the spin bowlers doing a great job and gift Pakistan 18 runs in the 46th or 47th over, it could have gone the other way....

• Like 2

The toss has been really important in this World Cup. Big toss today Eng v India. Big one in the NZ v Aus match. Was a big one in the India v Aus match.

The Eng v NZ toss might be huge too.

Could be win the toss, win the game in all those.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Ian Price said:

Well that was a very odd batting 'effort' by India.  It was almost as if they were content to lose the game.  For some reason.

Glad I’m not the only one who thought that. Dhoni was batting like he was in the first 10 overs, not the last 10...

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Kent Guitar said:

The toss has been really important in this World Cup. Big toss today Eng v India. Big one in the NZ v Aus match. Was a big one in the India v Aus match.

The Eng v NZ toss might be huge too.

Could be win the toss, win the game in all those.

It is noticeable how crucial the toss is becoming which shouldn't really be the case,it was always going to be that if England won the toss yesterday they would bat put a score on the board & then put the pressure on India to chase it down.

At least Bairstow did his talking on the pitch yesterday instead of in the media.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Ian Price said:

Well that was a very odd batting 'effort' by India.  It was almost as if they were content to lose the game.  For some reason.

The conspiracy theorists were of the opinion that India does not want Pakistan to qualify , hence played the way they did. It's just bullshit. Fact is anyone who has been following cricket lately know that Dhoni is not the player he used to be. He will still play the odd useful innings particularly when he has time to settle down but he just cannot ( on most occassions) come straight out and start belting the ball. Even in the game against WI where he ended well, the start was very slow and deprived Kohli of strike because Dhoni was just unable to rotate teh strike. india did the right thing by bringing in Pant yesterday. Next, they need to replace Jadhav with either Jadeja who will give the extra bowling option or Dinesh Karthik who is a far better finisher than Jadhav. 

Given they way they usually perform under pressure and the presence of couple of matchwinners, Australia looks the favourite to me but hoping that i am wrong :)

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Come on Daisey, your boys can do it today and make it a tremendous couple of days for sport.

What would give you more pleasure Doc?

England not making the Semifinals, or England making the Final and losing in either a close or humiliating manner?

• Love Love Love! 1
2 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Come on Daisey, your boys can do it today and make it a tremendous couple of days for sport.

no disrespect to the country that gave us the game but i love when they get beaten :D

(rugby too)

• Like 2

Much needed wicket for the Black Caps but well impressed with England's batting so far. They have come into this game with intent... I like it.

12 hours ago, Kent Guitar said:

What would give you more pleasure Doc?

England not making the Semifinals, or England making the Final and losing in either a close or humiliating manner?

That one is a no brainer, england not to make the semi finals of course, but looks like I am going to be disappointed.:(

Congrats to england on reaching another semi final.

With England wnning yesterday, Pakistan's dreams went up in smoke. Even if they beat Bangladesh and tie with New Zealand due to their poor net run rate, they have almost 0 % chance of qualifying.

• Sad 1
On 6/30/2019 at 9:54 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

as for the Black caps

downloadfile-2.gif

Seems that you have too many players out of form at the moment & are relying too much on Williamson & Taylor,unlucky to lose Ferguson to injury as he has been bowling pretty well.

I read yesterday that Stephen Fleming is supposedly returning to Trent Bridge to coach the team that will play there in this new 100 ball competition.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, balboa08 said:

With England wnning yesterday, Pakistan's dreams went up in smoke. Even if they beat Bangladesh and tie with New Zealand due to their poor net run rate, they have almost 0 % chance of qualifying.

I think if Bangladesh bat first then Pakistan cannot qualify,if Pakistan bat first they have to score about 450 then bowl Bangladesh out for about a 100 in order to get through so as you say pretty much no chance.

4 hours ago, High As Hope said:

I think if Bangladesh bat first then Pakistan cannot qualify,if Pakistan bat first they have to score about 450 then bowl Bangladesh out for about a 100 in order to get through so as you say pretty much no chance.

yeah...Atleast India and Australia will approach their last matches seriously as as whoever finishes second will play England in semis and i feel that they would prefer NZ, though having said that any team is perfectly capable of beating anyone. There is no dominant team anymore like the Aussies of Steve Waugh/Ponting time

• Like 1
17 hours ago, High As Hope said:

Seems that you have too many players out of form at the moment & are relying too much on Williamson & Taylor,unlucky to lose Ferguson to injury as he has been bowling pretty well.

I read yesterday that Stephen Fleming is supposedly returning to Trent Bridge to coach the team that will play there in this new 100 ball competition.

i don't like the idea of any more limited over formats

how can an over have 10 balls ?

its messing with the game for tv ratings ?

i much prefer test cricket