Greasy Lake Community

European Tour Confirmed -

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Ull have to wait until they are ready im affraId you may not be able to print until a few days before @ the latest

Says a lot about Ticketmaster UK.  Barcelona and Paris tickets available immediately after booking.

17 hours ago, Redsoxnation said:

What's the holdup with tickets? Have always been able to print E tickets straight away, what's the issue with these? Just tried to print Manchester, still no joy.

Just had the following reply from TM:

Thank you for your email, and I'm sorry you've been unable to print your tickets.

We're still looking at a few final details with the event organisers, so your tickets aren't quite ready yet. We're working hard to have this completed as soon as possible and we'll email you as soon as they're available. We've been informed that this should be sometime next week.

Please check back to your account nearer the time and if they're still not available by the week before the event, let us know and we'll make sure we get you in.

If you have any questions for us in the meantime, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best wishes,

Nathan
Customer Care Team

ll seems very odd when they are sending out hard copy tickets.

the reply went funny

Thank you for your email, and I'm sorry you've been unable to print your tickets.

We're still looking at a few final details with the event organisers, so your tickets aren't quite ready yet. We're working hard to have this completed as soon as possible and we'll email you as soon as they're available. We've been informed that this should be sometime next week.

Please check back to your account nearer the time and if they're still not available by the week before the event, let us know and we'll make sure we get you in.

If you have any questions for us in the meantime, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best wishes,

Nathan
Customer Care Team

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Tickets for San Sebastian standing are now available for £20. A few other dates in Europe available for not much more either. Looks like people have really been put off this tour. 

pounds or euros?

13 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Pounds. There are a few shows available for around that price now. On that basis it's quite surprising he sold out Coventry and London fairly quickly. 

I'm still not convinced Wembley is sold out.  I think they are trying to sell more Glasgow and Manc tickets before dropping more Wembley.

Hi folks, are there any danger in buying e-tickets off someone?  I mean, because these are on the computer and can be printed out or emailed many times is there not the danger that a seller could be selling the same ticket many times over on multiple websites leaving people with invalid tickets apart from the first one to use theirs at the venue?  Is there a way to protect yourself when buying e-tickets off someone?

2 hours ago, DerryKev said:

Hi folks, are there any danger in buying e-tickets off someone?  I mean, because these are on the computer and can be printed out or emailed many times is there not the danger that a seller could be selling the same ticket many times over on multiple websites leaving people with invalid tickets apart from the first one to use theirs at the venue?  Is there a way to protect yourself when buying e-tickets off someone?

No i dont think so your very correct in what you say the original seller still has the main tix he could well do what you say

What show are you wanting tixs for..???

2 hours ago, DerryKev said:

Of course that possibility exists. That's why you need to know your seller. If it's a fan on this or one of the boards, how long have they been registered, do their posts add up in terms of favourable reputation etc. If it's for example Viagogo, then they won't pay sellers until at least a week after the event takes place and have heavy (financial) penalties if sellers break the rules and the buyer experiences problems.

I personally have bought and sold etickets several times and have had no problems. Do your homework and if you do buy, get there early, first ticket scan gets in.

Not wanting any tickets at the minute, just wondered as I seen a lot of people selling e-tickets and wondered how people took precaution, so I would know for the future.  Good advice though from riverdude2, plus that looks like a good system from Viagogo.

1 hour ago, riverdude2 said:

f it's for example Viagogo, then they won't pay sellers until at least a week after the event takes place and have heavy (financial) penalties if sellers break the rules and the buyer experiences problems.

16 minutes ago, DerryKev said:

that looks like a good system from Viagogo.

Only up to a point.  You get your money back, but you've missed the show. 

1 minute ago, Rizla said:

Only up to a point.  You get your money back, but you've missed the show. 

Not necessarily. If a buyer reports a problem in time before an event, Viagogo will attempt to source an immediate replacement and the (original) seller will be hit with the cost. It's not in sellers interests to be a problem and that's why thousands of transactions go smoothly every day.

Not defending ticket resellers here but for the vast vast majority, no problems are experienced and often tickets can be obtained for less than face.

1 hour ago, DerryKev said:

Not wanting any tickets at the minute, just wondered as I seen a lot of people selling e-tickets and wondered how people took precaution, so I would know for the future.  Good advice though from riverdude2, plus that looks like a good system from Viagogo.

Beware of e-ticket for the shows in Bercy.

There is currently a "high profile" tour of a French band from the 80's. That's a very hot ticket. After the first few shows, the promoter sent a public warning about e-ticket. People with e-ticket were denied at the door (multiple copies of the same ticket). Reseller like Viagogo and such cannot check the validity of the e-ticket before show time (as you can imagine for GA's). I would recommend to avoid buying "Pit First" at online resellers.

6 hours ago, Rizla said:

I'm still not convinced Wembley is sold out.  I think they are trying to sell more Glasgow and Manc tickets before dropping more Wembley.

Quite possibly. Manchester looks to have sold pretty badly so you could have a point. Less greed next time Bruce! 

1 hour ago, Fabrice said:

Beware of e-ticket for the shows in Bercy.

There is currently a "high profile" tour of a French band from the 80's. That's a very hot ticket. After the first few shows, the promoter sent a public warning about e-ticket. People with e-ticket were denied at the door (multiple copies of the same ticket). Reseller like Viagogo and such cannot check the validity of the e-ticket before show time (as you can imagine for GA's). I would recommend to avoid buying "Pit First" at online resellers.

Regarding etickets for Paris Fabrice. Mine have my name and address on them. Do you think that anyone wishing to sell etickets will experience a problem with admission? Is it a security measure?

If I am not mistaken, there was the same issue in 2012 (multiple e-tickets being sold by scammers). I don't remember if name was on the ticket back then.

I would assume they would like to be these easy to track (in case of scam). I don't think that people will be "id checked" at entrance.

Buyer beware for another artist on tour (not really related to Bruce) : Radiohead will do 3 shows in France in "small" settings. The promoter made it very clear that all name would be checked at entrance to avoid scalping. No such thing for Bruce.

Archived