Greasy Lake Community

Jesse Malin

MagicRatAFC

Sat up top with Jesse after a Ryan show in Belfast 2002 and will catch him at Dingwalls next week.  First solo holds up and arrested, swinging man, aftermath, broken radio, hotel Columbia Mona Lisa, don't let them take you down.  Like the 2 new arrivals.  Best thing i saw him do was in the Toon and it involved Janey don't you loose heart.  Cuts good covers always.  One of the good guys still - no doubt.

Top guy, always hangs out in the bar after the gig, I ended up particularly fragile one morning after due to his jagermeister shots.

It's a sin he's not playing bigger venues but, from a selfish standpoint, it's great to be able to watch him in King Tut's and such other places.

Well, JM at King Tut's was as wonderful as always last night, bouncy up tempo set, good chat between songs...rather wonderful evening.

One thing, does anyone know the name of the trumpet player in JMs band? I was bevvying with him post-gig and didn't like to ask.

The sax player is called Danny, I think (Danny Ray maybe?) but t'internet is not telling me owt about the trumpet Dude.

Great show last Wednesday. I also loved Don Dilego with his full band. I saw his acoustic set last time round and liked him but the full band was great.

I also thought Jesse said "We'll be back in July" but not sure if I misheard this. Did anyone else catch it?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 28/02/2016 at 5:35 PM, joe.kt said:

Great show last Wednesday. I also loved Don Dilego with his full band. I saw his acoustic set last time round and liked him but the full band was great.

I also thought Jesse said "We'll be back in July" but not sure if I misheard this. Did anyone else catch it?

On the money Chief, dates in July (inc. Oran Mor 12th July).

http://www.jessemalin.com/tourdates

Right, just bought my ticket from Ticketbastard having phoned Oran Mor to see if there were any box office sales and been told that Ticketbastard have the exclusive on all tickets!

It's one thing Ticketbastard having exclusives on Stadium gigs and mega acts, but when they get the exclusive dibs on artists like Jesse M at venues like Oran Mor we really are going to hell in a handcart. 

I think this is down to the venue having an exclusive tie in with TicketScotland who seem to deal through Ticketbastard, but fuck me it's depressing.

38 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Right, just bought my ticket from Ticketbastard having phoned Oran Mor to see if there were any box office sales and been told that Ticketbastard have the exclusive on all tickets!

It's one thing Ticketbastard having exclusives on Stadium gigs and mega acts, but when they get the exclusive dibs on artists like Jesse M at venues like Oran Mor we really are going to hell in a handcart. 

I think this is down to the venue having an exclusive tie in with TicketScotland who seem to deal through Ticketbastard, but fuck me it's depressing.

I was planning on going to a concert at the cavern in Liverpool a few weeks back.

Ticketmaster was the only option there with recorded delivery being the only choice available:

£17 ticket

£1.70 service fee

£4.95 postage.

I didn't go to the concert.

It's a total joke.

This particular gig didn't even show a breakdown, it was £16 and change, so I'm guessing the face value of the ticket is £15.00 with the £1 and change being Ticketbastard's fee.

The ONLY delivery option available was first class post @ £2.95.

What's a first class stamp these days? 64p or thereabouts?

So they're having another £2.30ish just for posting it?

It really is a fucking scandal.

• 1 month later...

Hey MagicRat,

I'll be at the Oran Mor tomorrow night, I might even buy you a beer :-)

The tickets for Willie Nile won't be here until Wednesday or I would have brought it with me.

Let me know if you need a lift out to the West End, I work in the city centre, and one of my pals is picking me up and driving out to the show.

Arite fella, I'm staying in the West End so it'll be a number 6 straight from Central on arrival (fecking subway refurbs) , but thanks for the offer.

I'm quite noticeable (6 4, 15 1/2 stone, shaved heid, ridiculous looking goatee, probably rocking a well lived in "The Heat" t shirt) so say hello and I'll square you up for the Willie N ticket and get the craic over a beer or several.

• Like 1

Sounds good, I'm heading over straight from work, and on driving duty unfortunately. I just picked the Willie Nile tickets up from Ticket Scotland so you will have the first ticket sold, although it will be number 100 :D

I'll be with my co-promoter who is big, bald, and has a beard like a yeti, so you two will look like twins :P

• Like 1