Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brucefan4life86

Bruce fans my age on here?

i probably asked this before...so I apologize in advance, but are there any Springsteen fans that are my age on here...I'm 30.....the reason I ask is the friends I have really don't care for Bruce at all, so I am trying to meet people that share my enjoyment and to make some new friends as well.  Would love to talk with you guys and girls. 

Also if you live in Northern New Jersey (Bergen County)...maybe after talking, we could meet up sometime.

i don't mean for this to sound odd, I just want to try and meet some Springsteen fans.  

I mingle among fans of all ages.

I know how you feel! I'm 24 and most of my friends don't really care for Bruce either (but they put up with me anyway :) )

I'm 38 - if that doesn't make me too oldd (hehe), feel free get in touch any time you're in the Washington DC area and I'll be happy to grab drinks.

Oh well, I'm surprised to learn that it is difficult to find 30 years old Springsteen fans in New Jersey. I thought it'd be the easiest place on earth.

I'm 29 and I'm from Gothenburg, Sweden. I've got the same problem, I usually go to the shows with my mom and her friends and it works fine. I have a few friends that listen a bit to Bruce but not like I/we do. 

T he young'uns don't know what they're missing. Good to see you have the best of taste.

It can get lonely being a Springsteen fan. You young ones still have a chance to meet other people with similar inclination (read: oddballs) but what about us in our dotage? At 68 I must be one of the oldest ones around on this forum, and sometimes I envy those who have many years ahead of them.

My friends here in Germany just regard me with mild amusement, if they have heard of Bruce at all.

So I come here for my secret life :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, berlintramp said:

It can get lonely being a Springsteen fan. You young ones still have a chance to meet other people with similar inclination (read: oddballs) but what about us in our dotage? At 68 I must be one of the oldest ones around on this forum, and sometimes I envy those who have many years ahead of them.

My friends here in Germany just regard me with mild amusement, if they have heard of Bruce at all.

So I come here for my secret life :rolleyes:

when it comes to being a Springsteen fan age hardly matters

just some people really were there in 1978 and some of us were still in short pants ....and some people weren't even a twinkle in their father's eye yet !!!

berlintramp you and Tomas from Sweden are two of my favorite members

you bring a different perspective to some conversations as you are so close to Bruce in age

for any community to flurish we need to mix with people of all ages

Brucefan4life86 I'm 44 and that's the BITUSA generation yet I hardly know any fans my age and any I do know I know from greasylake 

I am 46, 47 in July. I have seen Springsteen fans of all ages. Back in the 1990s, I thought I was the only Springsteen fan living in NZ.

I am in high school-I feel your pain. The reason I got into Springsteen in the first place was because of my good friend @paigemorse. When we talk about Bruce around our other friends they get pissed.

Being a teenage fan in the '90s wasn't a picnic either. I'd recommend to reach out to other young people you meet, but also don't get too focused on having to be friends with people your own age. You'll have more fun hanging out with people who get the music in the same way as you who are older than you, than casual fans your own age. 

On 4/7/2016 at 2:19 PM, Magnus said:

Being a teenage fan in the '90s wasn't a picnic either. I'd recommend to reach out to other young people you meet, but also don't get too focused on having to be friends with people your own age. You'll have more fun hanging out with people who get the music in the same way as you who are older than you, than casual fans your own age. 

Well put. I made some friends in the pit this tour that I keep in touch with who are probably 4x my age, but share the same dedication to the art.

I'm 28.  Became an addict at 19. B)

If anyone knows any lonely female Bruce fans in Indiana, let me know.

Hell, ANY Bruce fans in Indiana, actually.

I'm 33 and I spent my entire teen years as a lonely Springsteen fan, but I always had different musical tastes than my friends so I didn't bother me to much. While I understand (and would also enjoy) finding similar aged friends with an appreciation for Springsteen, I'll personally talk about Bruce to anyone who will listen or wants to discuss him.  There's a vast world of Springsteen fans out there who have a lot to offer regardless of their age.

I'm 47 and sometimes feel like I'm caught between the generation that experienced the legendary shows of 1978 live (I was ten) and the one that "discovered" Born in the USA.  I think it's great that the fans on this site span such a wide spectrum of ages... and for that matter, nationalities and even (gasp!) political convictions.  Reminds me that the themes and the people he sings about are universal and timeless.

OK, maybe not Pony Boy, but most of them.

On 7 April 2016 at 9:47 AM, Mark V said:

I am 46, 47 in July. I have seen Springsteen fans of all ages. Back in the 1990s, I thought I was the only Springsteen fan living in NZ.

Now it turns out there are four others.

5 hours ago, the calvary said:

Now it turns out there are four others.

cheeky :P

actually I thought once Bruce Springsteen gets on stage we were all 16 years old again

On 4/13/2016 at 10:13 PM, This 442 said:

I'm 47 and sometimes feel like I'm caught between the generation that experienced the legendary shows of 1978 live (I was ten) and the one that "discovered" Born in the USA.  I think it's great that the fans on this site span such a wide spectrum of ages... and for that matter, nationalities and even (gasp!) political convictions.  Reminds me that the themes and the people he sings about are universal and timeless.

OK, maybe not Pony Boy, but most of them.

47 as well.. concur with your thoughts.. I have posted on here before about the first concert I went to.. BITUSA Tour in 1985.. looking back at the setlist and amazed at what gems he played.. yet back then, they were just older Bruce songs that I didn't know..

G'day from Oz by the way :)