Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buddhabone

Milwaukee, St. Louis, Phoenix, and Oakland available now!!!

Just bought St Louis tonight.  Sound quality just keeps getting better and better.  In this case it could be because of the smaller venue but it does sound so clear.  Looking forward to my three hour trip across the state to Kansas City!!!!

Perfect timing. One for each of my next four road trips :-)

Bruce road trips I presume?  Love a good road trip but a Bruce road trip would be even better.

37 minutes ago, Kay said:

Bruce road trips I presume?  Love a good road trip but a Bruce road trip would be even better.

Indeed, they are Bruce Roadtrips :-)

Llistening to PHX now, sounds really good on my crappy computer speakers.

Tomorrow on the better stereo system will be the real test

4 hours ago, Kay said:

Bruce roadtrips are the best!  

I have one coming up next week! :)

At this pace of releases, we should get the June and July shows before he even plays them! :)

13 hours ago, thecommish said:

Just bought St Louis tonight.  Sound quality just keeps getting better and better.  In this case it could be because of the smaller venue but it does sound so clear.  Looking forward to my three hour trip across the state to Kansas City!!!!

I was hoping St Louis would sound great, I love the setlist of that show. To my ears St Paul has the clearest Bruce vocals so far. The test is how it sounds on the rockers as that's when his vocals get buried most in the mix. 

Is St Louis as clear sounding as St Paul?

21 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I was hoping St Louis would sound great, I love the setlist of that show. To my ears St Paul has the clearest Bruce vocals so far. The test is how it sounds on the rockers as that's when his vocals get buried most in the mix. 

Is St Louis as clear sounding as St Paul?

Agree on St. Paul. Oakland seems to be a bit of a step down at first listen. Instruments are muddled.

13 hours ago, thecommish said:

Will be doing the same. I'm leaving the office at noon. Staying out by Arrowhead/Kaufman.

Fantastic will buy Phoenix as a lasting souvenir of what was a great night and a epic trip to see Bruce in the US.

I think  I might treat myself to St Louis.

24 minutes ago, jmw said:

Me too!!! Disappointed to hear, however, that Oakland may not sound as good. Any other opinions? 

To be fair I think all the shows sound great with them all taking a giant leap forward in audio quality since the last of the Toby Scott botches (Chicago).

The true test of this new mixing team will be the European stadium shows. If they can capture the same quality sound in vast stadiums like Nou Camp, San Siro and Wembley as they have in a tiny arena like St Louis then they really will be in business. Download sales could break all Nugs records as these will be the first ever European official "on tour" downloads to be made available and the number of fans wanting their show souvenir being significantly greater in number. 

1 hour ago, jmw said:

You won't be disappointed. Just listen to it on the way to KC. But it does have your standard setlist. :D

12 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

You won't be disappointed. Just listen to it on the way to KC. But it does have your standard setlist. :D

Excellent show, one of the best I have seen on this tour.  The download is excellent, very good sound.

19 hours ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

Llistening to PHX now, sounds really good on my crappy computer speakers.

Tomorrow on the better stereo system will be the real test

Any other opinions on Phoenix? Thx!

On 7 April 2016 at 11:41 PM, musicdav24 said:

Any other opinions on Phoenix? Thx!

Bruce's voice was shot to pieces due to having some treatment on his throat to rectify some recent issues effecting his voice. 

It's true, his voice was rough and the recording is true to what happened 

Listened all the way through on a 3 1/2 hour flight last night and it made the time pass quickly.  

The sound quality is better than average for this tour, I'm pleased with it and ordered a printed "official" version simply to have it.

Who the heck is the chick screaming all throughout the Phoenix show and why couldn't they edit her out! LOL.  I want to go to the Columbus show and find where the audience mic's are, and yell "Free Bird" to the top of my lungs between each song to see if they edit me out. :)

On 07/04/2016 at 10:25 PM, doesthisbusstop said:

To be fair I think all the shows sound great with them all taking a giant leap forward in audio quality since the last of the Toby Scott botches (Chicago).

I'd certainly agree that since the new guy Jon Altschiller took over mixing duties the show releases have moved up a good few notches when compared to the 2016 Chicago release, and all of the 2014 releases, but I'd point out that Toby Scott isn't necessarily the one to blame for what went before although as "production supervisor" he's not completely blameless.  All the 2014 shows, the original/withdrawn Pittsburgh 2016 and Chicago 2016 were mixed by John Cooper, Springsteen's front of house guy, who was/is also responsible for recording the shows. John Cooper's obviously more than capable of recording the shows but Jon Altschiller's skills show Cooper's post recording mixing skills aren't really up to the task in hand for the live show releases.