JudgeBrown

The Dogs of the Lake - post your pics (Cats and others welcome as well)

I don't intend to give the kittens 'treats' as such.  They've decided they prefer dry food … were indifferent to wet food, purred like crazy when I put dry food down for them. Loads of water given.

I've never been one for giving 'treats' to any of my animals - not necessary unless used in training - and give the kittens a few 'kibbles' if I think they're a bit peckish.

Kate has always given treats ie yogurt drops to her hamsters so I tried that with Hammy (re-homed) but, as expected, he now looks for these in his dish instead of going straight for the 'proper' food.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bettertohaveloved said:

I don't intend to give the kittens 'treats' as such.  They've decided they prefer dry food … were indifferent to wet food, purred like crazy when I put dry food down for them. Loads of water given.

I've never been one for giving 'treats' to any of my animals - not necessary unless used in training - and give the kittens a few 'kibbles' if I think they're a bit peckish.

Kate has always given treats ie yogurt drops to her hamsters so I tried that with Hammy (re-homed) but, as expected, he now looks for these in his dish instead of going straight for the 'proper' food.

we try to limit Borris 

the vet said only a few a day because they are full of salt

but she's just a little girl 

and she loves lollies 

and we tried not giving them to the big fella but its not kind of fear not too

he loves biscuits (is that what the American cats call kibble?) and he has beautiful  white teeth but i serve both wet and dry food

i think it might depend on what they ate as kittens ?

if they had their way it would be roast chicken every night (that is Borris' favourite- she smells it in the oven cooking)

edit

Borris was just laughing at your training reference 

• Like 1

They had the cheaper brand of wet food before and just after I got them. My son said that brand was like a McDonalds for cats … tasty but not healthy. I started looking at the ingredients and agreed with him … wasn't difficult to change to the dry. I've tried various ones but, at the moment, they're getting a mix of Nature's Range and Burgess.

The first lot were free from the vets and the latter was on offer. They started out on Royal Canin … free from Pets at Home … but that's too dear to keep up.

11 minutes ago, bettertohaveloved said:

They had the cheaper brand of wet food before and just after I got them. My son said that brand was like a McDonalds for cats … tasty but not healthy. I started looking at the ingredients and agreed with him … wasn't difficult to change to the dry. I've tried various ones but, at the moment, they're getting a mix of Nature's Range and Burgess.

The first lot were free from the vets and the latter was on offer. They started out on Royal Canin … free from Pets at Home … but that's too dear to keep up.

well we dont buy the 'no frills' ones but ive always mixed up the food so they dont get fussy so basically they get what's on special 

actually the whiskers wet cat food meat works is here in Wanganui 

but i know the flavours they absolutely don't like 

i am weary of too much cearel in dry food when cats are carnivores so i do read the fine print 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stillilllife said:

Does anyone know what show this gif is from?:

tenor.gif

no

but was he alright afterwards ?

that looks like it would hurt

well if we can have cat and dog content in other threads why not some Bruce in this one

seems only fare

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuce !

carry on @stillilllife

8 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

well if we can have cat and dog content in other threads why not some Bruce in this one

seems only fare

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuce !

carry on @stillilllife

Eh, haha, oops. I will post it in the correct thread. Not in the thread I thought was the correct thread for some reason. :blink:

• Bruuuuce! 1

1 minute ago, stillilllife said:

Eh, haha, oops. I will post it in the correct thread. Not in the thread I thought was the correct thread for some reason. :blink:

i don't have a problem honest

my cat Tinky was a true Bruce fan 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gsquare said:

It's official, we have a new member of the family.  The wife picked up one of our former foster kitties at the vet today.  His new name is Kelce.  He just got fixed so he has to be kept away from the other critters for a couple of weeks. We'll see how he fits in.

IMG_0496.jpg

Look at those eyes.:)

• Like 2

I bought the XXL pool.  It’s not big enough. :)

67906A98-4570-453B-919B-CC5E20148A8C.jpeg

B2478888-8EF8-4EFD-B94D-04C2874A01F2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

i don't know where Tibby Tabby Tom cat is

he's been a bit odd the last couple of days

still incredibly friendly and giving of affection but its like maybe he is eatting somewhere else ?

i mean he was still eatting, but not starving like normal

cuddle first, food latter 

yesterday we only saw him for a few hours in the afternoon where after a cuddle and food he slept in the chair

i left cat lollies in his bed and cat sussage out for him and it was uneatten this morning 

its been heavy rain off and on all day

ive kept his plate full at the back door but no sign off him

we have put a good layer of padding on him  so he doesn't look like a stray

but i want him to come home and sit by the heater with Borris and get ready for the cricket world cup final

its going to be an all nighter so I'll be able to check for him at the back/front door between overs

i have a towel on the chair all ready to dry him off

boyo has had a good weekend down at my daughters, he loves staying in the hotel, but has to use the lift now, he never eats much when hes away from home but he did enjoy my grandaughter hand feeding him his biscuits and the fact she smoothes him all the time, but he did blot his copy book when he he tried to hump my daughters dog

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/12/2019 at 2:12 PM, judyg said:

I bought the XXL pool.  It’s not big enough. :)

67906A98-4570-453B-919B-CC5E20148A8C.jpeg

B2478888-8EF8-4EFD-B94D-04C2874A01F2.jpeg

You can almost hear them.

"What the hell is this"

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

i don't know where Tibby Tabby Tom cat is

he's been a bit odd the last couple of days

still incredibly friendly and giving of affection but its like maybe he is eatting somewhere else ?

i mean he was still eatting, but not starving like normal

cuddle first, food latter 

yesterday we only saw him for a few hours in the afternoon where after a cuddle and food he slept in the chair

i left cat lollies in his bed and cat sussage out for him and it was uneatten this morning 

its been heavy rain off and on all day

ive kept his plate full at the back door but no sign off him

we have put a good layer of padding on him  so he doesn't look like a stray

but i want him to come home and sit by the heater with Borris and get ready for the cricket world cup final

its going to be an all nighter so I'll be able to check for him at the back/front door between overs

i have a towel on the chair all ready to dry him off

I hope he showed up. He may be hunkered down in a garage or shed. Have you been able to get him neutered yet? There may be an in heat female around.

7 hours ago, Troublette said:

I hope he showed up. He may be hunkered down in a garage or shed. Have you been able to get him neutered yet? There may be an in heat female around.

no to neutering yet, finances just havn't  allowed - another reason i have to get a job

no sign of his this morning and the food on the back porch was uneatten

• Sad 1

Tibby my Tabby is still missing

laat night it bucketed down and the wind howled 

i can't stop crying

i told Gary Tibby is the only friend we have made here in Wanganui 

• Sad 7

I’m sorry, Daisey.  Hope he shows up soon.  

• Like 1

this morning there was little cat footprints at the back door and most of the biscuits eatten but it was most likely the neighbour's cat 

another rough night of wild wet cold weather