JudgeBrown

The Dogs of the Lake - post your pics (Cats and others welcome as well)

3 hours ago, riverdude2 said:

Now that makes me smile.

15 hours ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

Pics out of order and sideways. 

*sigh*

Apart from that, they were great

:)

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

This is Juno, the guide dog, enjoying her free time at the beach.

D40C3276-3A13-4D88-87B6-D6E710B4CCB2.jpeg

459CA473-20E7-47BC-8157-1D0F05716E1C.jpeg

2A2ED1A0-462B-4B2E-B41B-5249CFA97C35.jpeg

Looks like someone is having fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmw said:

Looks like someone is having fun.

She was having a great time. Until her mum called her in for dinner. Then she was off like a shot  :D

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2019 at 12:02 AM, Marilla Gorilla said:

This is Juno, the guide dog, enjoying her free time at the beach.

D40C3276-3A13-4D88-87B6-D6E710B4CCB2.jpeg

459CA473-20E7-47BC-8157-1D0F05716E1C.jpeg

2A2ED1A0-462B-4B2E-B41B-5249CFA97C35.jpeg

Can I ask if this is on Snake Island?

1 minute ago, merlin said:

Can I ask if this is on Snake Island?

Yes. How do you know Snake Island?

1 minute ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

Did you mention it earlier? being the inquisitive type I checked it out.

Would be my kind of heaven in many ways.

2 hours ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

Do your family have some long connection to this place ?

i didnt know Canada had snakes 

On 8/4/2019 at 7:52 PM, merlin said:

Did you mention it earlier? being the inquisitive type I checked it out.

Would be my kind of heaven in many ways.

Ah, yes, I mentioned it on the pic thread. 

On 8/4/2019 at 10:17 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

Do your family have some long connection to this place ?

i didnt know Canada had snakes 

My family has had a cottage there for almost 70 years. There aren't many snakes there any more, although my brother saw one this past weekend. 

• Like 1

Yesterday I was reminded of why I have a dog! 

I woke up with a dreadful headache. I had things to do so took a couple of pills and got on with it. Had a fairly depressing meeting at lunchtime and slumped back home. Feeling somewhat sorry for myself it was either lie on the bed and try to sleep or take Oscar out. I decided to take Oscar and we had a glorious two hour walk along a quiet stretch of The Avon, he had a paddle whilst I passed the time of day with three teenagers from Birmingham on a day trip.

By the time I got home I was feeling so much better, only to be met with the news that our bank account had been hacked and a very stressed husband! (Fortunately all resolved now)

However, those two hours with Oscar were perfect.:)

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 2

30 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

I woke up with a dreadful headache. I had things to do so took a couple of pills and got on with it. Had a fairly depressing meeting at lunchtime and slumped back home. Feeling somewhat sorry for myself it was either lie on the bed and try to sleep or take Oscar out. I decided to take Oscar and we had a glorious two hour walk along a quiet stretch of The Avon, he had a paddle whilst I passed the time of day with three teenagers from Birmingham on a day trip.

By the time I got home I was feeling so much better, only to be met with the news that our bank account had been hacked and a very stressed husband! (Fortunately all resolved now)

phew 

glad the bank thing was ok

poor Mr Slippers

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, merlin said:

if that was Borris i would have caved and given her the box

lucky cats dont like cereal and here a cherio is a rather suspect little smoked pink cocktail sussage  popular at kid's parties ...much more dog appreate food 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, whispered secret said:

thats so true no matter how crap a day ive had when u walk in the door and boyo smiles at you and plays peepo it takes it all away

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stevie54uk said:

thats so true no matter how crap a day ive had when u walk in the door and boyo smiles at you and plays peepo it takes it all away

That is what I miss about having an dog. (or cat)

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, jmw said:

That is what I miss about having an dog. (or cat)

why can't you get one now ?

they are the best company 

although last night Borris wanted to play and was climbing trees showing off and wouldn't come in for tea

then it rained for hours and she won't come out from under the front of the house and walk around to the side of the house to the door as she'd get wet

at 11pm when it stopped raining  i went outside and she was just sitting on the front lawn looking out at the street contemplating life or what ever they think about.

it was about midnight before she came in and ate her dinner and went to bed

we have to get a cat door ! 

16 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

why can't you get one now ?

they are the best company 

although last night Borris wanted to play and was climbing trees showing off and wouldn't come in for tea

then it rained for hours and she won't come out from under the front of the house and walk around to the side of the house to the door as she'd get wet

at 11pm when it stopped raining  i went outside and she was just sitting on the front lawn looking out at the street contemplating life or what ever they think about.

it was about midnight before she came in and ate her dinner and went to bed

we have to get a cat door ! 

Diasey I work full time, so a dog is out of the question, and my flat backs onto the woods, a cat would be forever bringing me little presents and to have a cat and not let it out wouldn't be fare. I have a ginger cat that has been visiting the garden but it is very timid.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jmw said:

Diasey I work full time, so a dog is out of the question, and my flat backs onto the woods, a cat would be forever bringing me little presents and to have a cat and not let it out wouldn't be fare. I have a ginger cat that has been visiting the garden but it is very timid.

gingers are the best 

maybe just have a little friend then

Tinky was our friend  neighbour for 5 years before he came to live with us

14 hours ago, jmw said:

This is just a suggestion but I know you enjoy walking. Round here we have a dog buddy scheme where people who have dogs which they are unable to walk, due to health/age buddy up with a person who would like a dog, but can't have one due to work. A friend of mine is a 'walker' - she can't have a dog at home because her husband has allergy problems. 

• Love Love Love! 1

9 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

gingers are the best 

maybe just have a little friend then

Tinky was our friend  neighbour for 5 years before he came to live with us

My neighbour is also trying to make friends with it.

• Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, whispered secret said:

This is just a suggestion but I know you enjoy walking. Round here we have a dog buddy scheme where people who have dogs which they are unable to walk, due to health/age buddy up with a person who would like a dog, but can't have one due to work. A friend of mine is a 'walker' - she can't have a dog at home because her husband has allergy problems. 

I did sign up to a dog walking thing, but haven't followed it up.

9 minutes ago, jmw said:

My neighbour is also trying to make friends with it.

that's nice

Tinky wasn't overly friendy towards most humans, i always hoped he had friends

he did use to go next door and watch Vicky hang out her washing and he'd talk to her but she couldn't pat him