JudgeBrown

The Dogs of the Lake - post your pics (Cats and others welcome as well)

2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

It is !

Its heartbreaking

I know its not fair on any of them but being so pretty she will have them queeing up to adopt here and she's still got  kitten cute factor 

And im not surprised to feed her - so she'll go home

Home where ? Back starving behind the garden shed, sneaking out when Borris is in bed and when Tibby is out on the town to scoff down a few mouthfulls of leftovers

How fair is that ?:angry:

And then if i did that can you imangine trying to catch her to get her into the cage ???

They took her out the back where i couldn't see her and weighted her - a light weight 2.3kg . But they said she was healthy (that's because i feed her 5 small meals a day to build her up (....Tibby says he still needs building up too ) and didn't have any injuries 

I said Toms had been hanging around (i didn't say one was ours but Tibby did see one off a smaller Tom, in rather dramatic fashion) but that didn't seem to matter to them

Im like " then she'll have kittens and the problem starts over" so that's when they gave us the paper collar and told us to bring her back in 7 days 

The young lady said she couldn't feel any kittens - 

Anyway this morning the little cuties was waiting with Tibby for breakfast, blue paper collar still attached

I know they are stretched at this time of the year with kitten season but tbis is ambulance at the bottom of the cliff stuff

Does the paper collar have a phone number on it to call? If still be feeding her for the week!!

1 minute ago, Troublette said:

I would have thought so also. Our local humane society takes in all stays bright in. They hold them in a different area from the other cats for 72 hours to see if someone shows up to claim them. If course, they always check for microchips first thing. If no one claims them in 72 hours they can be put up for adoption after they are spayed or neutered.

They did check for a microchip (as if )

Our SPCA's are always saying how under resourced they are, they get no govt funding 

When i snuff it i night leave them something so they can offer cheap desexing for cats who owners are on low incomes

3 minutes ago, Troublette said:

Does the paper collar have a phone number on it to call? If still be feeding her for the week!!

Its the spca phone numbers for 'her family' to call

When we took Borris to the vet to get fixed they wanted to papler collar her too before they would do the opp - but that was after i had paid them for microchipping so it was total bullshit 

Sometimes a stray is just a stray because they have no human family 

Any way she is sitting in the shade with Tibby under the clothes line, both with a belly full of cat sussage (its like dog roll for cats- that's what i use as the 'extra meals through the day and at bedtime - Tibby loves it )

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Its the spca phone numbers for 'her family' to call

When we took Borris to the vet to get fixed they wanted to papler collar her too before they would do the opp - but that was after i had paid them for microchipping so it was total bullshit 

Sometimes a stray is just a stray because they have no human family 

Any way she is sitting in the shade with Tibby under the clothes line, both with a belly full of cat sussage (its like dog roll for cats- that's what i use as the 'extra meals through the day and at bedtime - Tibby loves it )

Thanks for looking after her Daisey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmw said:

Thanks for looking after her Daisey.

She just sat on my knee while i sat on the front step and purred 

So cute, till Tibby wandered over for a pat too and got hissed ar

Borris is none to happy sitting under the Isuzu watching - Mechanic Mike, Gary calls her

3 cats is way too much cat politics going on 

4 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

She just sat on my knee while i sat on the front step and purred 

So cute, till Tibby wandered over for a pat too and got hissed ar

Borris is none to happy sitting under the Isuzu watching - Mechanic Mike, Gary calls her

3 sounds a nice number. :)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I've had at least three cats at all times for over 30 years. The current group is the first time I've never had at least a set of buddies. Two used to get along but the male has become too much of a bully over there years and my small female doesn't trust him anymore. If he looks at her she screams now but then every so often the lay within six inches of each other. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Troublette said:

I've had at least three cats at all times for over 30 years. The current group is the first time I've never had at least a set of buddies. Two used to get along but the male has become too much of a bully over there years and my small female doesn't trust him anymore. If he looks at her she screams now but then every so often the lay within six inches of each other. 

My niece has two cats, brother and sister, and the sister is a danity little cat, the brother 3 times her size, but the female is the boss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Troublette said:

Oh that's sad, why do boys wreck things ?

The little grey kitten has got feisty all of a sudden towards Borris and Tibby and Borris is keeping her distance and last night wouldn't come in because the other two were by the front door - the driveway is warm in the evening so Tibby has long enjoyed evenings lounging around out there

6 hours ago, jmw said:

3 sounds a nice number. :)

It does, its nice Tibby has a friend but with 3 its added responsibility im not in a financial position to commit to so its just not responsible and honesty after the shiinanaginns last night its too much, pretty soon when i go back to the workforce im ganna need sleep, not chasing cats late at night

40 minutes ago, jmw said:

Pebble, also know as the little bird killer.

xmas part 2 004.JPG

Gary, who does love the birds, would still say its good for cat mental health to catch the odd bird

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Oh that's sad, why do boys wreck things ?

The little grey kitten has got feisty all of a sudden towards Borris and Tibby and Borris is keeping her distance and last night wouldn't come in because the other two were by the front door - the driveway is warm in the evening so Tibby has long enjoyed evenings lounging around out there

It does, its nice Tibby has a friend but with 3 its added responsibility im not in a financial position to commit to so its just not responsible and honesty after the shiinanaginns last night its too much, pretty soon when i go back to the workforce im ganna need sleep, not chasing cats late at night

Gary, who does love the birds, would still say its good for cat mental health to catch the odd bird

I think she has had more than the odd one.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, jmw said:

I think she has had more than the odd one.

They are presents

She must love you very much

2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

They are presents

She must love you very much

My nieces cats, when they visit my sister they are kept in the house for safety.

• Like 1

Its hot and bright today so its a bit hard to see

But Borris giving her Daddy some love today lying on his mouse pad

In other kitty news, i have served tuna, chicken and ham today - its not going to be like this at the SPCA (hills science diet )

20200123_154808.jpgyes our old fibre optic xmas tree is still out - perched atop the cat scratcher - its making up for being in a box for 10 years 

• Like 1

That is so cute!

We have little Oscar staying with us at the moment and as soon as I started playing he sat up and put his head on one side to listen. My Oscar seems to completely ignore animal sounds but the little one always responds.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

2 hours ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

Make sure you watch with the volume up. 

She looks exactly as our Axi. And funnily, my youngest was questioning me just ba few days ago how small Dachshunds are, when they are born. We were watching videos on YT, I will definitely share this with him. Thanks.

The look in her eyes is just amazing..

• Like 1

Cats are hot today 

Zonked out on the driveway

And cooling off lying on my wet washing im trying to hang out :lol:

20200126_150428.jpg

20200126_180034.jpg

• Like 2

The tortoise shell is Cinnamon and the black kitty is Gizmo. 

IMG_1490.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, zzcoolness said:

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_2384.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, zzcoolness said:

IMG_1490.jpg

Im so sorry for not welcoming you to the lake sooner 

Great you found this thread!

What happened to cause that trip to the vet ?

• Like 1

So we just took the Annabelle kitty to the SPCA 

She went into the cage fine

It was a different lady on the desk who was friendly and assured me they will find her a home, she thanked me for her wearing the paper collar like twice 

They hold her for 7 days then she gets fixed then up for adoption

Be a good girl and have a long happy loved life darling, we miss you already 

20200128_104234.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

3 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

So we just took the Annabelle kitty to the SPCA 

She went into the cage fine

It was a different lady on the desk who was friendly and assured me they will find her a home, she thanked me for her wearing the paper collar like twice 

They hold her for 7 days then she gets fixed then up for adoption

Be a good girl and have a long happy loved life darling, we miss you already 

20200128_104234.jpg

I hope she finds a wonderful home!

• Thanks 1