JudgeBrown

The Dogs of the Lake - post your pics (Cats and others welcome as well)

2 hours ago, gsquare said:

Happy day for me.  At the shelter where I walk the dogs twice a week, my favorite girl Zara has finally found her forever home.  She is the sweetest dog I've ever been around, and I couldn't understand why she was at the shelter for so long.  If we didn't already have a house full of critters we would have adopted her in a minute.  Gonna miss her but really happy she gets to go home tomorrow.

38827610_Zara2.thumb.jpg.0c5bf4123f8eee9095f25848aec8fbfd.jpg

She is so cute.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jmw said:

She is so cute.

what a beautiful dog

3 hours ago, tillywilly said:

what a beautiful dog

That is what I thought, surprised it took a long time for someone to want to take her home. 

3 hours ago, jmw said:

That is what I thought, surprised it took a long time for someone to want to take her home. 

Especially since I've seen a lot of stories about how animal adoptions really increased when the pandemic started.  Now the shelter did suspend adoptions but that was only for a few weeks when things were peaking here.  But all's well that ends well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gsquare said:

Especially since I've seen a lot of stories about how animal adoptions really increased when the pandemic started.  Now the shelter did suspend adoptions but that was only for a few weeks when things were peaking here.  But all's well that ends well.

I work full time and don't like close enough to come home in my lunch hr, also not fair to have a dog and leave it alone all day.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jmw said:

I work full time and don't like close enough to come home in my lunch hr, also not fair to have a dog and leave it alone all day.

That's a very kind outlook

Tinky was a very independent outdoor boy kitty  but durring the Global financial crisis when Gary got a bit short of work Tinky seemed to like Gary being at home and would wonder in and out through out the day ...and not just to his plate or for cat lollies

• Like 2

Today we had cold rain and a high of 7 degrees

Had heater on all afternoon

Sad sack cats wanted to stay outside

Borris nabbed the back porch so Tibby needed a rain jacket 

I did go get them about 2.30 but they wanted to go out again by 4

20200708_164219.jpg

20200708_164203.jpg

• Like 4

The last Puppy Palooza via Pilots 'N Paws in our big house,  they get to poop and pee everywhere as new flooring goes in Monday in anticipation of putting our house on the market.  I picked up 7 furbabies in Tennessee this morning in my airplane, we get to host them overnight.  I will fly them to Hartford tomorrow where there is a waiting list of adopters.  Lots of playtime in the yard, lots of love from the extended family.  Here they are at nap time:

F9c9TVA.jpg

• Like 6

On 7/10/2020 at 2:49 PM, 53 Esquire said:

Cairo passed away 1 July.

image.jpeg.295a3b0434ce5ebdd0e097b73dfedaaa.jpeg

So sorry to hear that E.  He looked like a beautiful dog.

• Like 2

Lizzie can read: she sleeps on the bench beneath the sign Katze which of course means cat

20200716_153813.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

Victor, our 14 and a half year old gentleman. :wub:

20200716_131217.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love Love Love! 2

This is granny Borris keeping warm

I found that throw in the linen cupbard, years old but never used because of Tinky's claws

I feel pretty mean about it now

But last nighr must have been really cold because Tibby came straight in at bed time, ate a snack and came straight to bed and was happy to sleep under the covers like a person - no yoeling at the front door for 20 min

And his fur felt so cold

20200723_222544.jpg

Very nice that you adopted a cat that is older - the young ones find someone much more easily. And she is cute!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, berlintramp said:

Very nice that you adopted a cat that is older - the young ones find someone much more easily. And she is cute!

It is the reason I took her. And she's a real sweetheart and luckily, despite her age, very healthy and active. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BossfanNL said:

It is the reason I took her. And she's a real sweetheart and luckily, despite her age, very healthy and active. 

I echo Berlintramp on this one

Its really awsome you gave her a forever home

She is so cute with her sox on 

• Love Love Love! 1

On 7/10/2020 at 2:49 PM, 53 Esquire said:

Cairo passed away 1 July.

image.jpeg.295a3b0434ce5ebdd0e097b73dfedaaa.jpeg

I am so sorry. What beautiful eyes.