Greasy Lake Community

The Dogs of the Lake - post your pics (Cats and others welcome as well)

Its after 9pm and Borris finskly came in for the night

She was a nice kind gopd girl last night sleeping on me but this afternoon she got the pip because we had to go to the hospital for Gary 

Lucky a bit happier than the trip to the vet but we had to wait almost 3 hours 

The house and Garden is so empty without Tibbo, it is very sad

He was very dehydrated yesterday - i didn't realise - he had been drinking and weeing 

The vet had trouble getting a vain they were all callosped and his bb was very low 

His tummy was full of fluid

The vet tried both his arms and legs to find a vain - by the 4th leg poor Tibby wasn't happy

He had cried in the taxi on the way to the vet

Id never heard him do that before

The vet had to give him the anesthetic into his thigh into muscle 

He went to sleep on his blanket and then you know ....

We put him in a pillow case, i didn't want him to go into a plastic bag

Gary's family are creamation people, mine are not

But its so dry and with Gary sick and all the tree roots i knew i wouldn't be able to dig a hole big enough in the back yard

We get him back next week

I hate he's in a freezer 

The little fluffa duffa kitten misses him

Every day she would be waiting at the back door for him to come out for the day and she wants someone to play with, she keeps trying to make freinds with Borris 

On Thursday night Tibby  seemed fine, he'd been next door and he came home when called, he had a 2nd helping of dinner then had a cuddle on my knee before he took himself off to bed like he would do 

The vet said he would have been sick for a while and it was most likely cat aids, we were trying to think the last time we saw him on the garage roof or the back fence, but it wasn't that long ago

I have been busying myself doing washing

You know on friday night i almost cut all the old towels up to make into a bathmat thing i saw on u tube

Thank goodness i didn't because we had the spair bed covered in towels for Tibby

Ive always wondered if Tibby was born in this house, he loved that little sunny guest bedroom from the first time we let him up the hall

But now its so empty without him

Tibby didnt fight much - Tinky was the fighter and Tawa was rife with cat aids but he tested negative years ago and he got to pass away as an old tired man

Tibby was like my dad, he was probably younger

I remember seeing mum near the end and a nurse saying you forget in time what they look like then and you remember what they looked like before they got sick but i still remember the last awful week of dad's life and also Tinky 

Last night Gary brought pizza for tea, he brought Chinese when Tinky died and i remenber my cousins had fish and chips with us when dad died but i don't remenber what we had when mum died

I took the fur the vet shaved off Tibby's legs

I put it in a wee trinket box in the China cabinet beside some of Tinky's fur i got from his brush

Anyway ive rabited on enough

Love to all your furry critters

Nicky and Borris 

• Like 1
  • Hug 3

4 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Its after 9pm and Borris finskly came in for the night

She was a nice kind gopd girl last night sleeping on me but this afternoon she got the pip because we had to go to the hospital for Gary 

Lucky a bit happier than the trip to the vet but we had to wait almost 3 hours 

The house and Garden is so empty without Tibbo, it is very sad

He was very dehydrated yesterday - i didn't realise - he had been drinking and weeing 

The vet had trouble getting a vain they were all callosped and his bb was very low 

His tummy was full of fluid

The vet tried both his arms and legs to find a vain - by the 4th leg poor Tibby wasn't happy

He had cried in the taxi on the way to the vet

Id never heard him do that before

The vet had to give him the anesthetic into his thigh into muscle 

He went to sleep on his blanket and then you know ....

We put him in a pillow case, i didn't want him to go into a plastic bag

Gary's family are creamation people, mine are not

But its so dry and with Gary sick and all the tree roots i knew i wouldn't be able to dig a hole big enough in the back yard

We get him back next week

I hate he's in a freezer 

The little fluffa duffa kitten misses him

Every day she would be waiting at the back door for him to come out for the day and she wants someone to play with, she keeps trying to make freinds with Borris 

On Thursday night Tibby  seemed fine, he'd been next door and he came home when called, he had a 2nd helping of dinner then had a cuddle on my knee before he took himself off to bed like he would do 

The vet said he would have been sick for a while and it was most likely cat aids, we were trying to think the last time we saw him on the garage roof or the back fence, but it wasn't that long ago

I have been busying myself doing washing

You know on friday night i almost cut all the old towels up to make into a bathmat thing i saw on u tube

Thank goodness i didn't because we had the spair bed covered in towels for Tibby

Ive always wondered if Tibby was born in this house, he loved that little sunny guest bedroom from the first time we let him up the hall

But now its so empty without him

Tibby didnt fight much - Tinky was the fighter and Tawa was rife with cat aids but he tested negative years ago and he got to pass away as an old tired man

Tibby was like my dad, he was probably younger

I remember seeing mum near the end and a nurse saying you forget in time what they look like then and you remember what they looked like before they got sick but i still remember the last awful week of dad's life and also Tinky 

Last night Gary brought pizza for tea, he brought Chinese when Tinky died and i remenber my cousins had fish and chips with us when dad died but i don't remenber what we had when mum died

I took the fur the vet shaved off Tibby's legs

I put it in a wee trinket box in the China cabinet beside some of Tinky's fur i got from his brush

Anyway ive rabited on enough

Love to all your furry critters

Nicky and Borris 

Our pets ask for so little, but give so much. 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2

This is dear Borris asleep on my brand new job interview parts (photo taken with flash)

Not that i have an interview but one must be prepared 

20210226_225125.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/27/2021 at 8:28 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

I miss him so much, i cry about 100 times a day 

I'm joining you right now. I didn't know but thought I'd find it on here.

I'm so very sorry. Tibby was so lucky to have had such a good home. x

• Love Love Love! 1

7 minutes ago, Eileen said:

I'm joining you right now. I didn't know but thought I'd find it on here.

I'm so very sorry. Tibby was so lucky to have had such a good home. x

He was just the best freind ever

I think if Tinky was my soul mate and Borris is my child/ mother, Tibby is my life's great love, he erracced all the pain of every broken love i ever had

He was a very happy easy going dude, very little worried him and i hate we had to put him in the carrier and take him to the vet

He was so dehydrated and had low BP - they tried all 4 legs to get the anesthetic in but couldn't

By the 4th leg he started to complain

I wish he could have been at home like my dad 

This picture is him asleep on the clean washing not that long ago

Look at that smilie

I let him do what ever he wanted 

I thought we would grow old together

20190525_195403.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 1

^ Oh look at that content face! These are the memories that will be uppermost in your mind in the future - the happy ones.

For now, it's a sad time ... we'll all help you through it. x

• Hug 1

Meanwhile Borris hadn't given me a single cuddle since Tibby died

I mean she sits beside me and she sleeps on my (and jumps all over me) but she never gave me big cuddles until she saw Tibby do it

Also she's pooing in the lounge

Lucky i see it before Gary smells it

The last few months Tibby had been using the dirt box several times a day

He had a healthy appetite and was a big boy and pooped quite generously and never burried it

I would clean the dirt box straight after he'd used it.

I got new litter from the vet and the box is  freshly washed and dried in the sun

But she's only used it once since (which i cleaned)

3 minutes ago, Eileen said:

^ Oh look at that content face! These are the memories that will be uppermost in your mind in the future - the happy ones.

For now, it's a sad time ... we'll all help you through it. x

Thank you dear Aunty

I still remember how dreadful mum looked towards the end,.but i guess that's slowly fading now.

Its just he was so young and he just loved life 

Him and Borris were almost freinds (he thinks they were freinds)

She's been looking for him in the early morning, looking out the bedroom window

The little fluffy grey kitten waits fir him to come out in the morning 

I wish Borris would just try to be freindly, i think the fluffy is lonelly, she needs to get freindly so she can be adopted at the SPCA but she is more timid without Tibby

Today i didn't have to order as much cat food on online shopping 

And I only had to buy one bag of temptation cat lollies :(

• Hug 1

5 minutes ago, gus said:

That sweet smile is because of you Nic.

Thank you Gus

And He always smelt soooo good

He smelt like warm summer hay

They should make a male cologne with that fragrance

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eileen said:

I'm sure she'll settle down - she'll sense something's amiss.

I hope so.

I make sure she sees me emptying, cleaning, washing, drying and refilling of dirt box

And also after ive sifted it i take her in and show her its clean

Im not sure she likes the Vet's cat litter

Its larger particles and non clumping but we have half a big bag left 

You don't forget the sad bits entirely ... I still cry at times for pets I had when I was little. 

As for people we've lost - well, same goes ... all part of being human.

If my Rosie spots Tibby, there'll be fun to be had. :)

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

1 minute ago, Eileen said:

You don't forget the sad bits entirely ... I still cry at times for pets I had when I was little. 

As for people we've lost - well, same goes ... all part of being human.

If my Rosie spots Tibby, there'll be fun to be had. :)

Thanks Eileen

My mum was scared of cats scratching

I see her surrounded by them all wanting to be freinds :lol:

All our cats have been Catholic (because Pope St John Paul said animals have souls)

Here's another photo before i make Gary's brunch (roast meat samwhiches)

He's in bed wearing a pearl necklase

Gary would say what a puffter ! 

There is even more of last nights roast left without Tibby :(

I did cook him a roast chicken on the friday night when he started to do really poorly

Its like when at home we would still set the table for four

20210208_212652.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 1

1 hour ago, Eileen said:

Oh right - it's Tibby in bed wearing the necklace ... not Gary. ;)

:lol:

And Tibby would have said back to Gary

How can i be a dumb rugby player and a pufter ??? 

If its good enough for James Bond ...(Pierce Brosnan has a Tahitian pearl on a leather cord that is very sexy)

There is a missed call from the vet practice at 2.30 on Gary's phone

Unbeknown to me i rang at 3.30 looking for Tibby's ashes and was told they wern't back yet but tend to come back after 4

(Its been over a week now)

Gary just saw his missed call message so i rand at 10 to 6 (closing at 6) and the same guy i spoke to before doesn't know what the call was about and Tibby's not back yet

Im really stressed and upset Tibby isnt home yet and im worried the  have lost his ashes 

It gives me comfort to know Tinky is burried in his own garden back in Wellington, like my mother is burried beside Dad at the green island cemetery where her own mum and dad and two brothers are

I want Tibby to come home