Greasy Lake Community

The Dogs of the Lake - post your pics (Cats and others welcome as well)

11 minutes ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

What a beauty. And an excellent photo, too!

That she is. And thanks! She broke my toe yesterday. Today she ate soap. Neither was fatal to either of us. It's an adventure. :)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, JudgeBrown said:

I have access to a photo of Judy's toe but will not post it without permission.

And my working theory is that Layla was framed.

Hahaha yes you do have a photo of my purple toe, although it is even more purple today than it was yesterday. I wouldn't mind it being posted but not here....I don't want to sully the thread of pretty pets with a photo of my ugly purple toe.  This thread is far too nice to have that done to it.  You all will just have to imagine it.  

Layla was not framed, although she thanks you and NIng for sticking up for her. 

Feel free to laugh Marilla...I laugh at our adventures every day.  Every morning after I shower, she goes into the shower and licks the water from the drain. Today she came out of the bathroom chewing on something and I looked at her and her mouth was all foamy. She had a whole bar of soap in there, lol.  I got it and she's fine, but she doesn't get to go into that bathroom anymore.  

• Like 3

On the train on the way to the concert yesterday, a Cocker Spaniel and a West Highland, I stopped and said hello, but didn't really think I could take a photo, but I took a photo of the Lab on the way into the concert.:)

I think a lot of people stopped and said hello.:)

SAM_0044.JPG

• Like 6

20 hours ago, judyg said:

Layla 06 05 16-2548.jpg

What a beautiful girl! She's a Dane, isn't she? Sorry about your toe. I can't even count the number of bruises I've had from my monster pups. Ah, the things we tolerate for love. :D

• Like 3

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 10:12 AM, phantomengineer said:

WHERE ARE WE GOING? ARE WE GOING TO THE PARK? CAN WE GO NOW? CAN WE HUH HUH?

5-20-0775b.jpg

This pic remided me of one of the sadder times with a pooch, unfortunately, while still making me smile. I had a yellow Lab, Dexter, for 15 years. EVERY time I opened the tailgate on my pickup, he jumped in, whether we were going anywhere or not...if the tailgate opened, Dexter jumped in.

The first time it really struck me that he was getting older, was when I opened the tailgate, and he turned, moved toward it, then simply stopped, and just looked at it. The mind said go, but his body said no. Broke my heart. I just picked him up, set him in there, and the two of us sat on the tailgate and looked at the yard for awhile...the mulch could wait.

Great dog, and I miss him terribly.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, cobalt said:

This pic remided me of one of the sadder times with a pooch, unfortunately, while still making me smile. I had a yellow Lab, Dexter, for 15 years. EVERY time I opened the tailgate on my pickup, he jumped in, whether we were going anywhere or not...if the tailgate opened, Dexter jumped in.

The first time it really struck me that he was getting older, was when I opened the tailgate, and he turned, moved toward it, then simply stopped, and just looked at it. The mind said go, but his body said no. Broke my heart. I just picked him up, set him in there, and the two of us sat on the tailgate and looked at the yard for awhile...the mulch could wait.

I'm sure he was loved. I know when Hoss can no longer jump in the back of my SUV, my heart will be broken too.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cobalt said:

Any dog person can relate to that. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, phantomengineer said:

Loomis is a vegetarian.

phew ....

a man I used to work with emigrated to NZ years ago with his little family

sadly their inherited pet tortoise wasn't allowed into NZ

so she got rehomed within the family

evert me they go home she always recognizes them

he says if the laws ever changed he would bring her out to join the rest of the family

7 hours ago, skyjocky said:

What a beautiful girl! She's a Dane, isn't she? Sorry about your toe. I can't even count the number of bruises I've had from my monster pups. Ah, the things we tolerate for love. :D

Thanks! Yes she's a Dane. She's getting spayed and having her stomach tacked tomorrow so I'm a nervous wreck tonight.

32 minutes ago, judyg said:

Thanks! Yes she's a Dane. She's getting spayed and having her stomach tacked tomorrow so I'm a nervous wreck tonight.

Yea! Another responsible guardian! All of our pets are fixed and both of our Danes have had the stomach procedure. Don't worry, it's amazing how fast they recuperate.

(Psst............ You still worry about them though.) ;):D

• Like 1

14 hours ago, skyjocky said:

Yea! Another responsible guardian! All of our pets are fixed and both of our Danes have had the stomach procedure. Don't worry, it's amazing how fast they recuperate.

(Psst............ You still worry about them though.) ;):D

Thanks! Layla girl is out of surgery and awake. :)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

phew ....

a man I used to work with emigrated to NZ years ago with his little family

sadly their inherited pet tortoise wasn't allowed into NZ

so she got rehomed within the family

evert me they go home she always recognizes them

he says if the laws ever changed he would bring her out to join the rest of the family

They don't allow people to bring turtles into NZ?

#TortoiseLivesMatter