Greasy Lake Community

The Dogs of the Lake - post your pics (Cats and others welcome as well)

I may have posted my "dogs on Main St. howl" story.

Growing up, our street was one west of Main St., our backyards touched the backyards of Main St houses. The dogs didn't howl, they barked.

And they were our dogs.

And they barked because a cat with a superiority complex would run along the tops of fences and rile them up. 

And it was our cat.

I felt Bruce was singing that song for me.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, JudgeBrown said:

Cats on this thread are the equivalent of the "other band.". We will allow it but with the understanding that it is not the real thing.

my cat plays piano then !!!

• Like 2

Just now, Sheepy said:

does anyone have a pet sheep?

when I grew up our neighbours had a pet lawnmower called Lulu

she moved all the lawns in our street

one day as a joke on my neighbour somebody took her and tied her up to a BBQ down the beach

I remember going to get her 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Daisey Jeep said:

when I grew up our neighbours had a pet lawnmower called Lulu

she moved all the lawns in our street

one day as a joke on my neighbour somebody took her and tied her up to a BBQ down the beach

I remember going to get her 

I hope she pooped on the neighbors lawn.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sheepy said:

I hope she pooped on the neighbors lawn.

too much info but her poo used to fill up the pipe we had in the lawn for the swing ball

she was a much loved member of our little community and I'm sorry I don't have a picture of her

My sister was only just learning to talk and she used to call all sheep Lulu and she had a soft toy lamb instead of a beer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

too much info but her poo used to fill up the pipe we had in the lawn for the swing ball

she was a much loved member of our little community and I'm sorry I don't have a picture of her

My sister was only just learning to talk and she used to call all sheep Lulu and she had a soft toy lamb instead of a beer

if she was just learning to talk was she really ready for beer?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JudgeBrown said:

The enthusiastic participation on SLV threads of Rocky the dog has prompted me to see if Lakers want to post pictures of their canine companions.  Would love to see everyone's furry friends and if there are any Bruce stories associated, even better.  I will start with my pug Ning, just so we can put to rest in the first post the debate over who has the cutest dog.

Ning tongue.jpg

you know after Greensboro and now the Euro river thread and the saddness of Prince this is a really welcome addition to this forum

you should pin it just for its feel good qualities 

• Like 5