Greasy Lake Community

The Dogs of the Lake - post your pics (Cats and others welcome as well)

4 minutes ago, shaggy said:

This  is Steve. They said he was a labrador in the local rescue centre. He's been with us for 5 years and I can't get him off the sofa. I'm never trusting the people in animal rescue again. I thought I heard them sniggering when they gave me a ladder to climb to put his lead on.

11808649_10153284956263005_1781648372_n.gif

That's hypnotic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shaggy said:

This  is Steve. They said he was a labrador in the local rescue centre. He's been with us for 5 years and I can't get him off the sofa. I'm never trusting the people in animal rescue again. I thought I heard them sniggering when they gave me a ladder to climb to put his lead on.

pug sofa.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skin2Skin said:

It wouldn't hurt so much if we didn't love them so much. The hardest thing is we often outlive our fur babies. But we try to enrich their lives and we know they enrich ours. 

1779840_10152224402259060_1960648543_n.j

• Like 7

9 hours ago, dublinpaul said:

Flynn is absolutely gorgeous but I reckon when he/she does something bold then looks up at you like that and you can't get mad. 

We're going through the adolescent phase with him. He's just turned 15 months old. He knows what buttons to press to get a reaction like casually picking up a slipper, walking past you with a challenging look in his eyes and waiting for you to chase him in an attempt to retrieve it. It's amazing how quickly they become a part of the family.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, shaggy said:

I used to have a dog like that.

kangaroohound.jpg

• Like 6

On April 25, 2016 at 3:19 PM, berlintramp said:

I'll have to go and take a picture of my two adorable cats, named Emma and Lizzie, after Jane Austen heroines. But then again, I don't want to defile this dog-adoring thread. Or rather, they just might not find the company to their liking, being very particular cats.

This is my favorite post ever on the Lake.

http://smile.amazon.com/Jane-Austen-Kit-Diane-Wilkes/dp/0738710245/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1461783825&sr=8-3&keywords=Jane+Austen+Tarot

• Like 1