Sign in to follow this  
MagicRatAFC

Reasons modern fitba is shite, Part 5741

10 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

It's going to happen someday. I just hope Messi stops playing until then or goes back to play in Argentina. Because then I'm going to stop watching football anyway.

• Like 2

Short term capitalist thinking.

Kind of inevitable in the current climate.

Fitba's fucked anyway, might as well hasten the demise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

It's going to happen someday. I just hope Messi stops playing until then or goes back to play in Argentina. Because then I'm going to stop watching football anyway.

I'm afraid that would just lock in those clubs being at the top of the earnings heap more or less forever.  

If this comes to pass mark my words... they will try to put an expansion club in North America.  That will screw our league which is slowly but steadily putting down roots. 

Clubs from TGLITW * just wanting to be part of TGLITW as they want a chance to finally win something significant by playing against the best week in week out.

As great a player Wayne Rooney is or was giving him his 120th England cap tonight v USA was just pathetic.

4 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

As great a player Wayne Rooney is or was giving him his 120th England cap tonight v USA was just pathetic.

Not that big a deal though really. Don’t like the guy but he still didn’t look out of place and the crowd loved it.

Brass houses on red alert I expect.

20 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

With apologies for the source link.....................

Cost of being a mascot

Stand in for the generally ridiculous prices for everything associated with high level sports these days.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

With apologies for the source link.....................

Cost of being a mascot

OK, I'm laughing at myself. When I seen Cost of being a mascot, I kind of gave up on it and didn't open article. I was thinking.....

Image result for philly phanatic

Didn't know that the kids that came out with the players at the beginning of the match were also called mascots. 

Yeah I think that is a bit much to walk out with players at the beginning of matches.

Here in STL, The Cardinals baseball team allows kids to run the base after every Sunday afternoon game. I would have died and went to heaven if I could have as a kid. But the Cardinals just started doing this couple handful years ago. So a kid tugging at your shirt over and over again to be a mascot and if you have the money why not? For a birthday/Christmas present?  Has to be a thrill of a lifetime.   

On 1/6/2019 at 4:28 PM, AMIW said:

rooney arrested for public intoxication at DC airport !

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46777318

but what qualifies it for this thread is the phrase "taking a  1 day trip to Saudi Arabia"

Being drunk and belligerent in Dulles airport is a completely rational response to being there.

23 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

FA CUP day is now not important

i hate that

Pish isn't it.

Seeing clubs with cup traditions not bothering their arse.......then come May the cup final kicks off at some biscuit arsed time while the Roger Nouveau types get boners about a fourth placed finish over actually winning something.

In reality the gig's been fucked for a long time.

• Like 3

no 7,645 - footie games kicking off at 6pm on a weeknight

Arsenal v Bate Borisov is at 6pm not 730pm or so