Greasy Lake Community

Reasons modern fitba is shite, Part 5741

MagicRatAFC

5 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Bury FC...officially dead and buryed. Really feel sorry for their loyal supporters and of course the players and staff.

Thrown out the league tonight. There will be more clubs in England going the same way in the very near future.

Meanwhile just down the road at Old Trafford and the Etihad....

I find it hard to believe with all the money in the game something could not be done to save Bury FC and possibly Bolton Wanderers. Very sad and very worrying for the game.  But not as this thread has predicted a surprise 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, newcastle roy said:

I find it hard to believe with all the money in the game something could not be done to save Bury FC and possibly Bolton Wanderers. Very sad and very worrying for the game.  But not as this thread has predicted a surprise 

One weeks salary for one player at Man City...

This is a sad day for English football and all of us who support the less fashionable clubs.

3 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

But hey it is not all doom and gloom, you do however have TGLITW* ;):lol:

On 9/2/2019 at 11:58 PM, AMIW said:

Loan armies...

man city have 28 out on loan, chelsea 27  

almost zero if these players will ever play for their owners in TGLITW

I have never got my head around the loan system in football nowadays...how has it ever came to be that it is taken for granted that you can just borrow players from other clubs ?

Maybe it's just that when I remember football in the 70's and 80's the whole idea  of your team loaning several players from other clubs just seemed so ridiculous, yet this what we now have in modern football.. I'd scrap the loan system.

9 hours ago, MacBruce said:

I have never got my head around the loan system in football nowadays...how has it ever came to be that it is taken for granted that you can just borrow players from other clubs ?

Maybe it's just that when I remember football in the 70's and 80's the whole idea  of your team loaning several players from other clubs just seemed so ridiculous, yet this what we now have in modern football.. I'd scrap the loan system.

They aren't borrowing them they're basically buying them for a season,it's a business for the bigger clubs,Villa had Abraham on loan from Chelsea last season at a reported cost of about 5 million,it worked for them as they got promoted for others it maybe doesn't it's the chance you take,meanwhile clubs like Chelsea are counting the money they've got coming in & they still have the players,Abraham is now starting for them after playing regular championship football so it's win win all round for them if they find one or two of the loan army are good enough.

10 hours ago, High As Hope said:

They aren't borrowing them they're basically buying them for a season,it's a business for the bigger clubs,Villa had Abraham on loan from Chelsea last season at a reported cost of about 5 million,it worked for them as they got promoted for others it maybe doesn't it's the chance you take,meanwhile clubs like Chelsea are counting the money they've got coming in & they still have the players,Abraham is now starting for them after playing regular championship football so it's win win all round for them if they find one or two of the loan army are good enough.

But isn't that what's wrong with it all. The top 4 just keep getting better. If they couldn't buy every great talent than loan them out, maybe some of the lower premium league and or Championship team would have a better chance?  

12 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

But isn't that what's wrong with it all. The top 4 just keep getting better. If they couldn't buy every great talent than loan them out, maybe some of the lower premium league and or Championship team would have a better chance?  

Very much so it just keeps widening the divide,if one of the big clubs offer you decent money for a player it's hard to turn it down because you need the money,so you sell a player to survive whilst the club that's bought him send him out on loan somewhere & hope the potential that they've bought develops,it doesn't always work but in the meantime they're recuperating their investment by getting loan fees for that player. 

My youngest son goes to watch Derby,they had Mount on loan from Chelsea & Wilson from Liverpool last season,he said the two were a different class to the rest of the team,Lampard now has Mount in the first team at Chelsea & Wilson is on loan again but this time in the Premier at Bournemouth so the experience they gained last season has been invaluable to them & ultimately to their parent clubs but whether it should be allowed is very debateable.

Loans are a way of life further down the leagues. Without them York would never have been able to have a goalkeeper like Nick Pope, if only for half a season.

There's been times when I've lost track of just who was a York player and who wasn't.

3 hours ago, High As Hope said:

My youngest son goes to watch Derby,

How's Max Lowe getting on?

He was a stand out on loan for us last season (one of the few stand outs.......:().

I see Mr Shinnie hasn't been getting a start for the Rams.

Shame, but I always wondered if he was big enough (i terms of build and height) for centre mid in the English second tier.

Seems to be the land of the giants down there.

3 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Loans are a way of life further down the leagues. Without them York would never have been able to have a goalkeeper like Nick Pope, if only for half a season.

There's been times when I've lost track of just who was a York player and who wasn't.

It's a load of crap.

I'm the same with my lot, we've had so many players through our door this last few seasons, including the now much vaunted James Maddison (though he went by Jamie then).

I think a couple of loans are ok say if you have an established player in a position in your first team and you want to see if a younger player is good enough to join the first team but it has to brE limited to one or two seasons at most you can’t have a player on a dozen loans like say Lucas piazon or Michael hector etc... after 2 loans you should keep or sell the player...

also the number of loans needs to be capped for the club ... chelsea are down from 42 players last season to 28 this season but that is clearly still ridiculous limit it to say under 10

• Like 1

On 9/7/2019 at 11:41 AM, MagicRatAFC said:

How's Max Lowe getting on?

He was a stand out on loan for us last season (one of the few stand outs.......:().

I see Mr Shinnie hasn't been getting a start for the Rams.

Shame, but I always wondered if he was big enough (i terms of build and height) for centre mid in the English second tier.

Seems to be the land of the giants down there.

I'll have to ask him when I see him or chat with him,he goes to most of their home games,I know what you mean about the build/height thing,my eldest son was small in his early teens,he was a good little player with a brain but all people saw was his size so bigger players would get chosen ahead of him because of that rather than ability which I think frustrated him greatly.

On 9/7/2019 at 8:34 AM, Born To Walk said:

looking at the results over last couple of seasons maybe they didnt have a keeper for some games

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Teams wearing their second or third kit at away matches, when they could wear their first in club colors. Like Barça playing in some puke-green shirts against the yellow and black of Dortmund. Terrible!

But last night PSG and Real took the cake. Both wearing away strips with PSG in white and Real in dark blue. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2019 at 8:37 AM, High As Hope said:

I'll have to ask him when I see him or chat with him,he goes to most of their home games,I know what you mean about the build/height thing,my eldest son was small in his early teens,he was a good little player with a brain but all people saw was his size so bigger players would get chosen ahead of him because of that rather than ability which I think frustrated him greatly.

Shinnie got his first start for the Rams in the league today, at least I think it was his first start, and did ok judging by bits and pieces I've read online.

Ironically, against Luton who his brother Andy plays for.

16 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Shinnie got his first start for the Rams in the league today, at least I think it was his first start, and did ok judging by bits and pieces I've read online.

Aye, he got booked (surprise,surprise  !!!!)....but at least they finally got a win..maybe he will keep his place in the team.

On 10/5/2019 at 7:15 PM, MagicRatAFC said:

Spoke to my son last night,he said he hopes Shinnie will feature more after that performance & that Lowe is a good passer of the ball,he's pretty annoyed at Lawrence & Bennett getting done for drink driving & causing the accident that injured Keogh as he's the best out of the 3 of them,it happened in the area my son lives,he says he sees some of the players in local pubs at times.