Sign in to follow this  
MagicRatAFC

Reasons modern fitba is shite, Part 5741

12 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Screen-Shot-2019-10-10-at-12-13-09.png&k

Think I read something the other day where she was reporting at Napoli & the fans were chanting get your tits out to her.

1 hour ago, High As Hope said:

Think I read something the other day where she was reporting at Napoli & the fans were chanting get your tits out to her.

That used to be a standard chant back in the non-PC 80s, usually the chant ended with "for the lads".

2 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

I think you missed my point.

All racists no matter where from or who they follow are a reason modern football is shit, this is what the thread is about btw.

But you as usual turn it into yet another anti English post..bit sad really.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 12:08 PM, newcastle roy said:

_109233987_fans.jpg

That was a total sh*t show and worse we all knew it was going to happen.  Sooner or later they are going to have call a game over this type of thing and IMO they missed a chance to make a point here.  

UEFA need to get medieval on this shit, importantly, all teams/nations involved.

Including the big guys when appropriate.

Also including party tunes relating to Irish history as appropriated by the two cheeks aka Scotland's shame.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MagicRatAFC said:

UEFA need to get medieval on this shit, importantly, all teams/nations involved.

Including the big guys when appropriate.

Also including party tunes relating to Irish history as appropriated by the two cheeks aka Scotland's shame.

FWIW...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/audio/2019/oct/16/after-the-racism-in-bulgaria-where-do-we-go-from-here-football-weekly-special-podcast?CMP=share_btn_tw

I have that earmarked for tomorrow morning's dog walk.

3 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

I have that earmarked for tomorrow morning's dog walk.

It's not much fun but it's worthwhile.

Very, very interesting listen.

The primary thing I took was that, yes, football needs to deal with racism but it is a much, much wider, societal, sociological issue.

The rise of right wing populism is world wide, the "overt return" (because, within football, it has never gone away) of racism is rooted in this enablement.

I was pleased that they, Glendenning in particular, called out the hypocrisy of the Daily Mail and Boris Johnson in the aftermath.

The sad, stark truth is that we are living through dark, dark times and football is visibly reflecting this.

• Like 2

On 10/17/2019 at 6:10 AM, MagicRatAFC said:

Very, very interesting listen.

The primary thing I took was that, yes, football needs to deal with racism but it is a much, much wider, societal, sociological issue.

The rise of right wing populism is world wide, the "overt return" (because, within football, it has never gone away) of racism is rooted in this enablement.

I was pleased that they, Glendenning in particular, called out the hypocrisy of the Daily Mail and Boris Johnson in the aftermath.

The sad, stark truth is that we are living through dark, dark times and football is visibly reflecting this.

It was always a matter of time before players walked off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50111754

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, newcastle roy said:

It was always a matter of time before players walked off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50111754

Not referencing this incident in particular but it's my view that managers and white players should be the ones taking the initiative to complain and if necessary walk off.  Yeah sure this could get a bit tricky depending on who the captain is but generally speaking I think it's a bit unfair to put the burden of this on players of color.  No player should be in the position of having to decide between being abused and potentially forfeiting a game.

14 minutes ago, Patched Tube said:

Not referencing this incident in particular but it's my view that managers and white players should be the ones taking the initiative to complain and if necessary walk off. 

From what I can gather, that is what happened here.

The concept of walking off, whilst totally, understandable, concerns me a bit. I fear some idiots will see it as a challenge to try and make it happen, possibly making the problem worse. However, how else do you make the point?

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

Football reflects life......often magnifies it.

Things are only going to get worse, sadly. 

On 10/16/2019 at 3:15 PM, newcastle roy said:

I think you missed my point.

All racists no matter where from or who they follow are a reason modern football is shit, this is what the thread is about btw.

But you as usual turn it into yet another anti English post..bit sad really.

Sorry I missed your point Roy...Yeah you are of course correct.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

From what I can gather, that is what happened here.

The concept of walking off, whilst totally, understandable, concerns me a bit. I fear some idiots will see it as a challenge to try and make it happen, possibly making the problem worse. However, how else do you make the point?

Capture.JPG

I think that was part of the problem with the England game,there was a lot of talk about what might happen so the challenge was there to make sure something did kick off.

At non league level the crowds are generally pretty close to the pitch so comments are more likely to be heard,objects more accurately thrown.

I'm not sure what the answer is because until there are severe penalties in place for the perpetrators( & that's not likely to happen) then it's not going to change.

How long before a team is losing 3-0 & some of their fans try to get the game abandoned by starting chants,bottle throwing etc.

On 10/20/2019 at 8:41 AM, High As Hope said:

How long before a team is losing 3-0 & some of their fans try to get the game abandoned by starting chants,bottle throwing etc.

In Scotland that was a recognised tactic of a club that died in 2012 during the 70s.

77-78 I recall they were 2-0 down at Motherwell, invaded the pitch and got the game stopped.

After a fair delay the match restarted but Well completely lost their focus/concentration and Deadco came back to win 3-2.

In those days it was two points for a win, have a guess how much they won the league by?

They tried a similar trick at our place, I think Christmas Eve 77.

We gave them a 4-0 doing and after the third goal, as I recall, they tried to invade the pitch.

Thankfully Aberdeen's  finest stood firm.

Two arrests and the game to be replayed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50127471

I wouldn't have been shocked if the FA had thrown out both teams and considered the issue dealt with.

Looks like new television contracts for the EPL this year, on Thursday 26th Decenber and Friday 27th December Amazon Prime Video are the only people showing games and on Wednesday 1st January and Thursday 2nd January only BT Sport have these games, sign of things to come.

8 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Looks like new television contracts for the EPL this year, on Thursday 26th Decenber and Friday 27th December Amazon Prime Video are the only people showing games and on Wednesday 1st January and Thursday 2nd January only BT Sport have these games, sign of things to come.

It's not often i say this..i agree with you

Still nice to see you are still wanting to watch the best league in the world ;)

The whole world is going mad at an accelerated pace.

I shudder to think where this shit show ends.

This is more and more feeling like the end of days.