Greasy Lake Community

Reasons modern fitba is shite, Part 5741

MagicRatAFC

17 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

Of these 37K maybe 15 go in the open market. The rest is distributed by UEFA to sponsors. You usually can't see it on the telly, but at half time the main stand completely empties because they're all in the back sipping champagne.

Keano used to call them the prawn sandwich brigade..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I just read on my FB feed that in the League Cup this coming year that there will not be Extra Time. After 90 minutes straight to Kicks.

Any truth to that, if so that would be shite.

Its not quite so shite if its a freezing cold night and/ or you need to be up early the next morning and want to get home.

6 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I just read on my FB feed that in the League Cup this coming year that there will not be Extra Time. After 90 minutes straight to Kicks.

Any truth to that, if so that would be shite.

It would be shite...unless your team wins

23 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Its not quite so shite if its a freezing cold night and/ or you need to be up early the next morning and want to get home.

It would be shite...unless your team wins.

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, AMIW said:

yes indeed we have mentioned the cheese shop extensively for a long time even 18 months ago

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/20/tottenham-hotspur-new-stadium-cheese-white-hart-lane

there is also a microbrewery

Sure, the article MR linked was from Jan 2017. I just figured news travels slowly to the north ;) 

24 minutes ago, AMIW said:

you do know that I had already posted that on the spurs thread????

No, tend to not dismantle the individual Moneyball team threads........check them out occasionally.

Anyway, WTF would Dave MacKay, Bill Nicholson, Alan Gilzean or Steve Perryman make of a fucking "fromagerie".

Fitba's going to hell in a handcart.

4 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

No, tend to not dismantle the individual Moneyball team threads........check them out occasionally.

Anyway, WTF would Dave MacKay, Bill Nicholson, Alan Gilzean or Steve Perryman make of a fucking "fromagerie".

Fitba's going to hell in a handcart.

Mind you if they dipped it in batter, deep fried it and served it on a stick...

• Like 1