Greasy Lake Community

Reasons modern fitba is shite, Part 5741

MagicRatAFC

5 minutes ago, AMIW said:

it gets weirder they are going to pay for fans from Spain to fly to Miami to watch the game live

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45422679

Do you think we could get someone to fly us to Manchester for a game or two? 

Since Liverpool is only 34 miles away, one at The Eithad and one at Anfield!!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WhereLoveRuled said:

Call the sheikh, and get an extra ticket for me. We'll make a vacation out of it! :lol:

See again, I don't think he likes being called "The Sheikh", but I'll lobby for you anyway! ;)

Boy I hope i don't show my dumbest, but who's the dude in your signature?  

2 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

See again, I don't think he likes being called "The Sheikh", but I'll lobby for you anyway! ;)

Boy I hope i don't show my dumbest, but who's the dude in your signature?  

That is his official title, I thought? But yes I do appreciate your effort on my behalf lol :D

Guy in my signature is Beto O'Rourke, opponent of Senator Ted Cruz in the November election. He has a guitar because he's a former punk musician who still plays. Without getting too political, he's a very impressive candidate in terms of ideas and connecting to people through oratory. His shirt says I Love El Paso since that's his hometown.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/4/2018 at 9:09 PM, AMIW said:

La Liga is yet to confirm details of its first game in the US, but reports say Miami is to host Girona's 27 January home tie with Barcelona.

[girona is part owned by man city group and has 3 of their players "on loan" there

If Barça (or Girona for that matter)  should progress to the Quarterfinals of the Cup, which is very likely, they would have to play a Cup match on Wednesday, fly to Miami to play a league match on Sunday and come back to play the 2nd leg of the Cup tie on Wednesday again.

I don't see this happening. The players union will probably call a strike. But maybe the players should also take a good hard look at themselves. With their crazy wage demands it's no wonder that clubs and federations look for additional revenue.

On 8/23/2018 at 7:30 AM, newcastle roy said:

Footballers covering up their mouth when they talk to each other on the pitch is starting to get on my nerves.

Not just in top league games all over the world but even in the lower leagues they do it, i mean who gives a fuck what Man City, Scunthorpe or Fleetwood  players are saying ! 

Spanish TV stations started to hire lip readers some years ago. They also released conversations players had after the matches. Some juicy things came to light. That's why they started covering their mouths. 

On 9/6/2018 at 11:27 AM, LeoGetz said:

Spanish TV stations started to hire lip readers some years ago. They also released conversations players had after the matches. Some juicy things came to light. That's why they started covering their mouths. 

Leo..i love you to bits

But that is just bollocks7

I can half understand if Ronaldo was heard by a lip reader saying "messi is crap, I;m better"

he isn't btw

but howay !  fleetwood players are doing this shit !

Fans in the crowd (man utd)  have been seen doing this FFS !!!

I'm with the Aberdeen fellas on this one, i hate the way football is going

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

I know

But JJ will never mention them again

Could be. I guess it would depend if he actually likes the game in the Spanish league. Myself, I have no interest in La Liga. I dislike the major teams and the tiki-taka style of Barca and possibly other clubs. And, I don't generally pick a team at random to follow, I need a rooting interest. 

On 9/8/2018 at 3:15 AM, newcastle roy said:

Leo..i love you to bits

But that is just bollocks7

I can half understand if Ronaldo was heard by a lip reader saying "messi is crap, I;m better"

he isn't btw

but howay !  fleetwood players are doing this shit !

Fans in the crowd (man utd)  have been seen doing this FFS !!!

I'm with the Aberdeen fellas on this one, i hate the way football is going

I get it! Everybody is doing it now. But just like diving is something that south american players brought to Europe and it spread like a virus, this did too. I saw players in Spain cover their mouths years before they started to do it in other leagues. I would have to google it, but I think it was Joaquin who was involved. He told some other player or that other player told him about some great night out with hookers and booze, or stuff like that. And that was broadcast on television. That's what started it. But you're right, it's ridiculous.

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2018 at 3:56 AM, WhereLoveRuled said:

Could be. I guess it would depend if he actually likes the game in the Spanish league. Myself, I have no interest in La Liga. I dislike the major teams and the tiki-taka style of Barca and possibly other clubs. And, I don't generally pick a team at random to follow, I need a rooting interest. 

Neither Barça nor any other spanish team plays tiki-taka anymore. Haven't done so for years.

Does this fit here?

UEFA are preparing to roll out a third European club competition alongside Champions League and Europa League from 2021/22 pending the final approval from the executive committee, UEFA competitions committee executive Andrea Agnelli has confirmed.

Would this make for a three way round robin Super Cup? :D

4 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

Footballers spiting at each other, Costa should be banned for this.  

https://mobile.twitter.com/ElevenSports_UK/status/1041341523135221761/video/1

Absolutely disgusting conduct.  This should be a ten game ban.  If I was Juventus I'd make it known he's half way to Benevento for his sins.

On 9/11/2018 at 10:20 PM, Jimmy James said:

Does this fit here?

UEFA are preparing to roll out a third European club competition alongside Champions League and Europa League from 2021/22 pending the final approval from the executive committee, UEFA competitions committee executive Andrea Agnelli has confirmed.

Would this make for a three way round robin Super Cup? :D

The European Cup Winners Winners Cup and European Cup Winners Cup Winners Winners Cup Winners Shield

• Haha 1