Humphrey B Bear

Oz/NZ tour Jan Feb 2017

Now forgive me if this topic has already been raised - I haven't been around much lately.  Apparently (according to JMac), the Australian promoter Michael Gudinski announced on the radio this morning that the band will be down here in Feb/Mar 2017.  This is consistent with the info coming from sources close to Gudinski over the past few weeks, first about the Chapter and Verse book, and also about these dates.

Grab your ticket and your suitcase...

• Like 4

one has to travel over shark infested waters to reach the land of oz

australia-map-accurate.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Someone needs to call or text her and wake her up or interrupt her work or whatever she may be doing at whatever time it is.

• Like 7

of course Bruce could just visit the west island and ignore the north and south islands as has been done before :( remember if enough unmarked bills aren't given to Landau then whole countries or areas of countrues can be ignored.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JudgeBrown said:

With the wild popularity of GL's dog thread he really needs to go to Dingo country.

the train to dingo land goes through KULGERA your honour :P

if landau were touring the southern hemisphere right now I hear the weather is absolutely ideal on the south island today - heavy snow

• Like 3

oh why am I squandering $10 having cheesecake !!!

brown rice and lentils from now on !!!

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

oh why am I squandering $10 having cheesecake !!!

brown rice and lentils from now on !!!

Celebratory treat?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

Celebratory treat?

good thinking Marilla

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AMIW said:

if landau were touring the southern hemisphere right now I hear the weather is absolutely ideal on the south island today - heavy snow

it's nice to work in a store with heating but it's going to be a cold night tonight and for the next couple of days

2 hours ago, Humphrey B Bear said:

We'll crowdsource the cost of Daisey's tix and airfares if he skips the land of the long white cloud

We will need to mount a parallel "Play Kitty for Daisey" campaign as well.

• Like 9

52 minutes ago, JudgeBrown said:

We will need to mount a parallel "Play Kitty for Daisey" campaign as well.

perhaps get Bruce to visit MataMata and see Pickles the cat who guards the Hobbit home? and place signs all over the place ???

HobbitPickle2-580x386.jpg

• Like 4

Excited: YES, OH YES!!!

Apprehensive: That too... Many question marks at the moment that only an official announcement will fix. I've read a report saying all five mainland capitals, so good for Perth and Adelaide, not so good for Hobart, who always miss out.

No word on venues other than similar to last tour in Sydney , ie arena and winery, outdoor in Melbourne (Really hoping for indoors- haven't given up hope yet), not sure the rest. How many shows in each city will probably depend on ticket sales, I guess.

Then there are the BIG questions: Band? Solo? Solo-ish? Born To Run (Book) tour? Chapter And Verse tour? New album (PLEASE!!!!!) tour? The River keeps flowing tour? Need to know all these answers. Now, please.

And... NZ too? Surely! Daisey, Mark et al, fingers crossed! I might even cross the ditch to catch a show myself. If Daisey could get over to this side I reckon I could make the effort too.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, NoSurrender81 said:

Dreadful news if it doesn't include a new album and is the river tour 3

we don't care

we are in a Bruce drought down here

I'd be more than happy with any of the present tour's set lists 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Me and Frank said:

Excited: YES, OH YES!!!

Apprehensive: That too... Many question marks at the moment that only an official announcement will fix. I've read a report saying all five mainland capitals, so good for Perth and Adelaide, not so good for Hobart, who always miss out.

No word on venues other than similar to last tour in Sydney , ie arena and winery, outdoor in Melbourne (Really hoping for indoors- haven't given up hope yet), not sure the rest. How many shows in each city will probably depend on ticket sales, I guess.

Then there are the BIG questions: Band? Solo? Solo-ish? Born To Run (Book) tour? Chapter And Verse tour? New album (PLEASE!!!!!) tour? The River keeps flowing tour? Need to know all these answers. Now, please.

And... NZ too? Surely! Daisey, Mark et al, fingers crossed! I might even cross the ditch to catch a show myself. If Daisey could get over to this side I reckon I could make the effort too.

doesn't Oz technically have 6 mainland capitals (I guess no show in Darwin) and the capital place but no one ever plays Canberra